"And a girl knows his name" (book spoilers)

The Dames do Moan

Okay let me say first, i don't think this will come to fruition in the books, but I could see it being included in the show.

With the line that Jaqen says 'there is only one God and a girl knows his name' it's a nice reference to Syrio tells her "there is only one God: Death"

do you think it's possible that D&D are planning on making Syrio a FM and the same FM as Jaqen? I could see them including this in the show. I understand that both have spent much time in Bravoos so they both would speak the same. But how would Jaqen know that Arya already knows its name unless he has told her before. I do not remember him telling her this in earlier seasons?

Do you think the show could take that route?

No. Syrio is gone. This season is about culling too many characters, and only adding the minimum what must be done (Sand Snakes, etc) to keep the story going.

Since Syrio is from Braavos, it's not outside the realm of belief that it is a common saying/belief in Braavos that "there is only one god: death"

No. Syrio is gone. This season is about culling too many characters, and only adding the minimum what must be done (Sand Snakes, etc) to keep the story going.

Since Syrio is from Braavos, it's not outside the realm of belief that it is a common saying/belief in Braavos that "there is only one god: death"

I get it, and hope they don't do it but in reality it's not going to cause any additional characters. Yes, they both would talk the same as Syrio is from Bravoos and Jaqen, though from Lorath, has spent much time there. If they both said "there is only one God, death" I wouldn't think they were playing on doing it. But the fact that they included Jaqen already knowing the fact that Arya knew it before he told her makes me think they are going this route.

Jaqen is from Lorath. We don't know how long he has been in Braavos though presumably a while. We don't even know how he became part of the Faceless Men.

I really hope this theory is true. I would so love it. Joana Robinson at Vanity Fair had an article about this too. She argued that the series is trying to highlight Syrio by reducing Arya's list (no Red Woman, etc) but still including Meryn Trant. Of course that could also just be because

from leaked pictures we know Meryn is headed to Braavos with Mace to the Iron Bank. So the writers aren't trying to remind us of Syrio so much as remind us he is on her list for when she goes all Mercy on him).

This doesn't follow at all. If you want to get rid of 50 characters, you can either subtract 50 and add none or subtract 51 and add 1.

Archived