[TV SPOILERS] Meanwhile, in Dorne...

Littlefinger will never back Stannis. He and Varys will be the first to be set on fire if Stannis sits his *ss on the Iron Throne. And Littlefinger is well aware of that. That's what worries me the most right now.

LF says to Sansa that sometimes you have to take a step back to confuse your enemies so that you can take two forward.

It is not clear that Stannis could simply eliminate LF if he ever gets the iron throne. He still has to take KL, remember.

But more importantly, LF is not supposed to be half as clever as LF imagines himself to be. LF is drunk on the idea of himself as a master manipulator of events, just like Cersei. But that does not mean he is one.

First off, I don't think Roose and Ramsay are going to break off a war for a wedding. The whole point of the wedding is to unite the north round house Stark-Bolton. That requires them to defeat Stannis first.

No, they want the support of the Stark loyalists to defeat Stannis. There's every reason to have the wedding as soon as possible.

Secondly, Sansa is still married to Tyrion

No, she isn't. Littlefinger explained that in episode 503, when he said that non-consummation makes the marriage invalid and she is free to remarry whenever she desires. Which is why Sansa said, in episode 504, that when Littlefinger came back she would be a married woman.

LF says to Sansa that sometimes you have to take a step back to confuse your enemies so that you can take two forward.

It is not clear that Stannis could simply eliminate LF if he ever gets the iron throne. He still has to take KL, remember.

But more importantly, LF is not supposed to be half as clever as LF imagines himself to be. LF is drunk on the idea of himself as a master manipulator of events, just like Cersei. But that does not mean he is one.

Not sure what you have backing up these statements.

He is by far the most clever person in the entire series making only a few mistakes.

Actions speak louder than words.

I expect alot of history these last few episodes with Dorne, Ellia and Oberyns closeness, and Aegons namedrop needs to happen, and the explanation of how he died again. Just like Oldtown all of a sudden getting namedropped, if Aegon gets a namedrop, Trystane to Aegon and the episode 9 Dance of Dragons reveal is all but certain.

I expect alot of history these last few episodes with Dorne, Ellia and Oberyns closeness, and Aegons namedrop needs to happen, and the explanation of how he died again. Just like Oldtown all of a sudden getting namedropped, if Aegon gets a namedrop, Trystane to Aegon and the episode 9 Dance of Dragons reveal is all but certain.

I certainly hope there will be no poorly written expositional history lessons. Its not needed, its is quite clear how Oberyn felt about death of his sister and Aegon is clearly cut, so no need to rehash that either. What needs to be done is to establish present Dornish characters and a relationship between them and combine it with the interesting story.

So far we got little of Doran, darkstared Ellaria, some exposition about Obara and that is all. Nothing about Tyene and Nym, no relationship between Doran and Sand Snakes or between SS themself, not to mention Trystane and Myrcella, who were only seen in the background. That should be the writers priority, to establish that naturaly during story instead of giving us forced exposition about past or present characters.

Hold on. namedropping Dornish history and book events? In Dorne? not with D&D et al. itll be a story from Doran about how Simeon Stareyes once listened to a bat flapping around for a couple of years. Thus enabling him to turn into daredevil.

With any luck they may touch on how long it took the Targs to bring Dorne into the kingdom, name dropping Dareon the good and his marriage to his Dornish wife would be a good converstaion between Tryst and Myrcella. Star crossed lovers, destiny parrallel concept

Despite how much they mess up the translation of book story to the screen the blu-rays contain some very nice history sketches, so the prdoucers do despite contrary eveidence know their source material

Hold on. namedropping Dornish history and book events? In Dorne? not with D&D et al. itll be a story from Doran about how Simeon Stareyes once listened to a bat flapping around for a couple of years. Thus enabling him to turn into daredevil.

Hahaha. Most complaints about show changes get on my nerves, but boy, did I hate that stupid beetle story with a passion too. It was so obvious and clunky.

I think Bronn will die, if not next episode, then certainly this season somewhere along the line. Myrcella may die this season, but I'm not sure of it.

I think they're setting up Dorne as the big players for next season to replace players we'll be losing. (I know this makes me unpopular, but I think we're about to lose Stannis.)

God, I hope not. Dorne is 100 times worse in the show than in the books. The Sand Snakes are awful. The guys playing Doran and Hotah are okay, but everyone else is really, really bad.

Agreed!

The fight scene tonight was pitiful. To say nothing of highly implausible - would Jamie and Bronn really just slip into the garden like that, right under Doran's nose - and what are the chances they'd find Myrcella alone?

The fight scene tonight was just sad. Love Areo's actor already though. Commanding presence for sure. Though I am thankful this whole revenge sideplot got nipped in the bud quickly, and I hope this means things in Dorne might actually go somewhere for the rest of the season.

The fight scene tonight was just sad. Love Areo's actor already though. Commanding presence for sure. Though I am thankful this whole revenge sideplot got nipped in the bud quickly, and I hope this means things in Dorne might actually go somewhere for the rest of the season.

TV-Areo is more interesting than Book-Areo. I kept hoping he'd kill at least one of the Sand Brats.

The fight scene tonight was just sad.

While the scene itself was goddamn awful, I thought that the idea of it was a bit of realism. Jaime had considerably less trouble with Obara than he did with that random soldier.

TV-Areo is more interesting than Book-Areo. I kept hoping he'd kill at least one of the Sand Brats.

At least Tv Areo is awesome. I think these Sand Snakes are largely faithful to the book's versions...meaning they suck and are worthless terrible characters.

Still don't understand why Jaime was plopped into this shitshow. In fact, I'd argue that all of Dorne is terribly pointless and should have been cut out entirely from the show. I

Archived