[TV SPOILERS] Meanwhile, in Dorne...

TV-Areo is more interesting than Book-Areo. I kept hoping he'd kill at least one of the Sand Brats.

I concur. Alas they live to revenge another day, most likely....

While the scene itself was goddamn awful, I thought that the idea of it was a bit of realism. Jaime had considerably less trouble with Obara than he did with that random soldier.

He seemed to be doing better, definitely, but there's just not much good to be said about the scene in general.

So far Trystane comes off as rash young guy, but likeable. I'm ok with Myrcella thus far too, what little we have seen of either of them.

At least Tv Areo is awesome. I think these Sand Snakes are largely faithful to the book's versions...meaning they suck and are worthless terrible characters.

Still don't understand why Jaime was plopped into this shitshow. In fact, I'd argue that all of Dorne is terribly pointless and should have been cut out entirely from the show. I

Can't argue about the Sand Snakes. The only one I was kinda interested in, in the books, was Sarella.

Dorne though, I really enjoyed both for Doran and Arianne, their relationship and Doran's master plan. It was an interesting aside, and I wonder how it will end up in the novels, if it will hold significance or not. Even if it doesn't, they were fun chapters. Arianne is a favorite of mine.

At least Tv Areo is awesome. I think these Sand Snakes are largely faithful to the book's versions...meaning they suck and are worthless terrible characters.

Still don't understand why Jaime was plopped into this shitshow. In fact, I'd argue that all of Dorne is terribly pointless and should have been cut out entirely from the show. I

As much as Arianne annoyed me in the books, I'd welcome her on the show at this point; at least she was written far more realistically. And they are wasting the superb presence of Alexander Siddig!

Shoulda gone with the Ironborn storyline, D&D...

My tagline for season 5.

Hell, no. We'd be complaining about how they ruined Euron, Vic, and the kingsmoot. I mean, remember Yara and the dogs? Never forget.

Hell, no. We'd be complaining about how they ruined Euron, Vic, and the kingsmoot. I mean, remember Yara and the dogs? Never forget.

Hehe, you're not wrong...

And the Snake Snakes are easier on the eye than the brothers Greyjoy.

Yep, small blessing, that. I'd trade all Sand Snakes for Asha, though (not Yara)

Right!? The Reader wouldn't have made the transition to the Watcher any better than Tyene from septa to (crazy)momma's girl.Why on earth did they change Asha, anyways?

Dorne got screwed this season. You know what I don't even know where to start, I saw in the inside look of HBO that they had a separation direction team shooting at the water gardens and whoever these guys are should get a beat down and fired for such an abysmal performance.

First of all D and D don't do a good job in writing rescue missions, flashback yara trying to save Theon. But we can excuse some of that because a real good rescue scene should look like something from a mission impossible movie and there is no time to script such a sophisticated scene on GOT. But that Myrcella rescue mission is not even at the level of Theon it was pitiful. The whole setup was childish bronn and jamie turned the corner as if running into myrcella at the super mall, three idiots jump in what the hell was that, areo hotah a great fighter in his own right goes freeze hands up all of you as if he is eddie in a beverly hills cop movie HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Gosh I shudder at how Brienne is going to rescue Sansa another comedy of errors.

They messed up dorne real bad it is all on prince doran now to salvage this and I think the whole damn plot is a lost cause.

First of all jamie should have not done this secret mission at all, he should be going in prepared with the mountain head with a team of gold cloaks for his protection, his mission should have been to be with myrcella to make sure she is ok. The whole premise was all so stupid and what is worst it makes bronn look like an idiot. Can you imagine bronn acting like this when he was with Tyrion, Tyrion understands strategy he would never be this stupid some of that should have rubbed off on bronn.

I already said my piece about Dorne in this episode in the rant&rave topic. But I would add that I don't even get what they're trying to do here. I expect a scene next episode where the Sand Snakes, Not!Ellaria, Jaime and Bronn are all brought before Doran. Bronn will have a couple one-liners, Doran will be furious with the Sand Snakes and Not!Ellaria, and maybe we even get a glimpse of what he is planning or if he is even planning to do anything at all. But other than that, what is the point of this whole storyline? In the books, it was somewhat clear. Here I'm not sure. Hell, even Jaime admitted he is making it up as he goes. So what? Will he rescue Myrcella after all? Will Myrcella even survive? Are the Sand Snakes going to do anything that could be considered meaningful or impactful? Or Not!Ellaria? Book to show changes never fail to baffle me, but Dorne this season truly is an enigma. As much as I hate the very problematic Sansa in WF change, at least I get it to some degree. But show Dorne I don't. Oh and I think those who miss the Greyjoys aren't considering the possibility that they probably would have butchered that storyline as much as the dornish. I am, for one, thankful that Euron and Victarion are safe and sound in the books for now.

First of all D and D don't do a good job in writing rescue missions, flashback yara trying to save Theon. But we can excuse some of that because a real good rescue scene should look like something from a mission impossible movie and there is no time to script such a sophisticated scene on GOT. But that Myrcella rescue mission is not even at the level of Theon it was pitiful. The whole setup was childish bronn and jamie turned the corner as if running into myrcella at the super mall, three idiots jump in what the hell was that, areo hotah a great fighter in his own right goes freeze hands up all of you as if he is eddie in a beverly hills cop movie HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Totally. I had a flashback to good old "Hercules" and "Xena" times, it was this level of poor action scene and acting...

My guess is, that it is all just too much for a 10 episodes series. The books expanded so wide with so many characters, a TV show cannot cope with this and stay on the same level unless they upgrade to 15 or 20 episodes each season. The high class level of GoT went down the drain this season.

And really - why would they put more effort and thinking into it? They became rich and popular, there is a huge fandom, so there is no need for improvement.

Dorne has genuinely produced some of the worst television I've ever seen. And I watched wrestling for a while.

"For fuck sake" - Bronn summed the whole thing up.

Even if any of it made any degree of sense the acting and cliched characters involved is honestly like something from a very bad amateur comedy sketch.

-Doran's the character with the least screentime, instead of the most as he should be in any adaptation that leaves out Arianne.

-Still no characterisation from Nymeria and Tyene whatsoever

-Jaime and Bronn break in during broad daylight a minute after Areo Hotah was reminded of his duties

-Sand Snakes try to take Myrcella in broad daylight

-fight choreography was bad.

-Obara wasn't allowed to own onehanded Jaime when the show reminded us how poor a fighter he is with one arm a hundred times.

-Trystane and Myrcella's plans are unclear as hell. Are you gonna complain to Doran that he won't let the wedding happen? Are you gonna request the wedding happen sooner? Cause it SEEMS like you're gonna ask if you can marry your betrothed, to which Myrcella asks if he's doing it because they are already getting married?

How did this happen?

What was the point of all that if nobody dies or is mutilated. Come on, guys, why not mutilate Myrcella or have Areo kill Bronn or Ellaria in Arys' place. Instead this whole thing ends up without a single drop of blood being spilled?! This show is becoming a waste of time on every level if you ask me.

TV-Areo is more interesting than Book-Areo. I kept hoping he'd kill at least one of the Sand Brats.

I think it's more that in the show we only see Areo when he's doing stuff, like arresting the Sandsnakes. In the books we have to sit through Areo's dull inner monologue. But neither is particularly gripping.

The choreography of the fight scene was incredibly poor. I feel like because it was 2 vs. 3 they weren't really sure what to do with the leftover Sandsnake. We'd have one fighting Jaime, one fighting Bronn and then at any given time the third Sandsnake would be missing and it wasn't clear what they were doing. Likewise Myrcella just sits there like a lemon the whole time.

The whole Dornish "plot" has been pitiful. This should have been a major focus of the season, delving deep into the characters of Arianne and Doran (remember Arianne?). Instead we get D+D's Sandsnakes: http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2011/06/untitled-2-1309279310.jpg

The Dorne fight made Yara and her merry band of dog fearers look masterful.

Siddig is just being wasted though. What was the pint of getting someone good like him and having him barely feature in 2/3 of the season. Dorne is wasted potential but its all been focused on the nonsensical Sand Snakes and an daft love story. Plus how terrible is the security in the Water Gardens that those two idiots could get in there so easily. I wish Dorne was better it looks beautiful its such a shame its wasted on the storyline so far.

Can anybody actually tell apart any Sand Snake for the other? I never cared trying, but one of them (wrongly) claimed she was Obara Sand. Not sure why anyone should care. And is this oversized axe really good for anything? I got a very bad 'morning star of the Witch-king from RotK' kind of vibe...

Archived