[Book Spoilers] Your Unsullied friends and family's reactions to the High Sparrow Episode

My Unsullied fiancée.

Arya: Nothing. Just sat quietly.

Wedding: "Oh Jesus. … Wow, okay, that went smoothly. This can't bode well."

Cersei v Margaery: "Why is she being so nice? She's never this nice. … She's going to kill Margaery, isn't she?"

Ramsay: "Ugh, this guy. I hope he and Stannis fight and kill one another." I don't mind Stannis but I love how much she loathes him, and how the hatred is apparently equal to Ramsay Bolton in her mind. "Oh no. No no no. NO. It's Sansa, isn't it?"

Sansa: "He's going to kill her! She can't get revenge, she's Sansa. She's harmless. He's going to kill her, and Littlefinger is going to let it happen. If this is in the books at all and you didn't tell me I'm going to shoot you." She's referring to my silence with regard to Mountain v. Viper, as she was constantly worried about the outcome. This time I explained that while the writers have merged some story lines, I don't know what they are keeping/changing/losing and that the character Sansa seems to be displacing is still alive at the end of the book.

Brienne: Nothing. Just sat quietly. Which, of course, is funny considering the foreshadowing with regard to her public enemy number 1. (Or 2, I can't tell if she dislikes Ramsay more.)

Jon declines: "He's such a dummy. … What's that guy's name again?" Davos. "He's awesome. Isn't he the one you liked in the last book?" I explained how Davos had the awesome DWD chapters, but that storyline was likely out.

Arya 2: Nothing, until the pier. Then, as Arya stood there holding Needle, she was on the edge of her seat. "Don't do it, Arya. Come on, keep it and hide it somewhere. … Good girl. Phew."

Sansa 2: "Theon! Save her! Get yourselves out of there! Aw crap." I started when the servant delivered her line. "That's two episodes in a row they surprised you! Why is that important?" I explained about it being from the Davos storyline.

Jon LC: "That was really cool for him to be nice to Thorne like that." I started again as soon as I realized the Slynt execution was happening. I'd thought it was later based on a (likely inaccurate) synopsis for episode 5 or 6. "What now? Oh. Oh no, another one! I was right! They're going to kill Slynt! Finally, a good one! But wait, Jon doesn't know this guy is partly responsible for what happened to Ned, does he?" I shrugged. "Tell him you helped get Ned killed, you bastard! Aw man! Well, he's still gone. Good riddance to bad trash."

High Sparrow: "Pycelle hasn't said anything about this. Ah, there it is. … Hey, that's the guy from Brazil! That's awesome they got him in the show!" No connection made to her earlier prediction about Cersei and Margaergy, though.

Qyburn: "Isn't that The Mountain? I thought he was dead? Doesn't she know Littlefinger betrayed her?"

Winterfell: "There's no way Littlefinger doesn't know about Ramsay. He knows what he's doing. I do not like Littlefinger, either. … That was a great scene, though."

Volantis: "Oh, no, not another Melisandre. … Uh oh, I think Tyrion is going to say that line you hate! Wait, was that Jorah? … Ha, just like when he peed off the Wall. Uh oh, it is Jorah! Oh no! He's going to bring Tyrion back to Cersei!"

I managed to keep quiet about that last bit.

My fiancee thought it was boring.

Wasn't sure why Sansa would marry into the family that killed her mom and brother, or how that would possibly lead to revenge.

Thought the high sparrow in the brothel was hilariously bad. Was surprised the Jon executed Janos despite his cries for mercy.

Over all she hasn't been impressed with this season.

One friend: "wow, Tommen is an annoying little shit in this episode."

Other friend: "The only reason I watch this show is for Arya, she's so cool. LOL, she said cunt. Do we find Tommen attractive? I can't tell. Oh, he's meant to be eight? Probably not attractive, then. Cersei is bae, Lena Headey is so much better in this than St Trinians. Is Dany in this? Hope not, where's Arya? Woa Jon, calm down. Oh ok, he's beheading people. That seems rather extreme. (well, she said one vaguely intelligent thing...) What's Tyrion doing? He's really boring. LOL, that prostitute looks like Daenerys. Oh no don't kill Tyrion. Who the hell is this guy?!"

I think I need new friends.

My 'unsullied' wife really liked the introduction of the 'High Sparrow' and his storyline. Also, it is worth noting that she picked up on all the 'side-shots' of Olly giving a stink face and said, "That kid is gonna be trouble." The inclusion of the actor who played Jaquen was a smart idea. She had been lukewarm on the Arya storyline and was worried because she was leaving Westeros but seeing Jaquen's familiar face connected the dots for her nicely.

My sister.

Where is Khalessi??? Ssssssssss

She loved all of Arya scenes and especially that with Needle.She thought that Arya will never give up her identity as Arya Stark,because Needle will always remind her of Winterfell and her family.

Jon should've accepted the offer from Stanis and go to Winterfell...but somehow he will end up going there in the future.

LC execution was badass according to her.When Slynt cried and begged for mercy...she said and I quote:ain't nobody got time for that.Good riddance.

Highlight of the episode Cersei and Margaery.She thinks that Cersei must be a Targaryen and fireproof like Khalessi :bang: after sustaining third degree burns.

High Sparrow will be Cersei's downfall.

Qyburn will create some sort of monster like Frankenstein for Cersei and he will help her in the future.

Sansa will do some crazy things to Boltons and Theon will help her.Some sort of revenge.

Jorah/Tyrion will end up in Meereen,but it will not be that easy.Just a feeling.Something bad will happen to them.

My Unsullied fiancée.

Jon LC: "That was really cool for him to be nice to Thorne like that." I started again as soon as I realized the Slynt execution was happening. I'd thought it was later based on a (likely inaccurate) synopsis for episode 5 or 6. "What now? Oh. Oh no, another one! I was right! They're going to kill Slynt! Finally, a good one! But wait, Jon doesn't know this guy is partly responsible for what happened to Ned, does he?" I shrugged. "Tell him you helped get Ned killed, you bastard! Aw man! Well, he's still gone. Good riddance to bad trash."

Uh-huh. A Freudian slip (you come up with this yourself?) or are you *really* keeping this amount of detailed notes from your "unsullied fiance"? :unsure:

In general these threads seem to be filled with posts where their "unsullied" friends opinion on the episode seems to match the posters. Hmm.

I watch GOT with a bunch of Unsullied and they LOVE the show. I'll be honest, I didn't read the books until the break between season one and two and having read the books I felt my enthusiasm for the show wane. I've always tried to view the show and books as completely separate entities and I think I've succeeded for the first time this season. Minor changes from season one have become ever widening gyres as the plot mechanics tick forward. To that end, my enjoyment of the show has hit a new nadir. I know it's impossible to cram the book's complexity into the show. However, in previous seasons I saw the show as kind of a puppet show. It drew on and hinted at plots that occurred in the books and that was rewarding as a reader. For me the amalgamation of Ellaria, Arianne, and Darkstar was a bridge too far.

I talk to only one unsullied friend who watches the show and never read the books and she says the series are getting better no matter what and since she hasn't read the books, the changes that were made not affect her at all. It's hard to hear this. She is loving the series and is only curious.

On the other hand, I am surprised that I have one book reader and show watcher friend and she thinks the episodes are great and d&d (i'm pretty sure she doesn't know who is "d&d") are handling suuper well all the changes and it would be for the better and it will make no difference at the end.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

(First post on the forums after lurking for a while. Mildly exciting!)

My Dad doesn't comment much while watching the show, which might be for the best, honestly. Though he forgot who Brienne and Pod are chasing after.

He also asked who the High Septon was (had to say "he's the pope of Westeros") then thought he was the same person who stood up to Cersei at the small council meeting last episode ("No, Dad, that's Cersei's uncle" "She has an uncle?")

He also thought Tyrion was kidnapped by Daario, which is odd because just the other day he was asking if Jorah ever comes back. I thought he'd pick up on that...

My wife thinks its adolescent, macho shit that sells itself with tits and ass - has done from the start (she never liked the idea of such a placid mum that would allow the father to take a 10 year old boy to a beheading). She also tried to read the books 3 times and thought they were crap also :D But she buys me t-shirts and stubbie holders, coz she knows I like it.

There were five of us - two book readers, two completely unsullied and one guy who is at the end ASOS right now, so I'll count him as an Unsullied for this season. Reactions and predictions seemed to converge mostly on this:

- Braavos: Arya ditching the coin should become a meme. Everyone loved her moment with Needle and everyone loves Kindly Jaqen.
- Volantis: Nobody believes for a second that Jorah will take Tyrion to Cersei. They are all convinced that he will try to barter his way back into Dany's good graces, but will fail hard.
- King's Landing: Everyone agrees that Margaery rocks and Cersei is going down hard. Everyone had the same O_O reaction to the brothel scene (which is a good thing, since that scene was meant to be repulsive and awkward).
- Riverlands/Vale: Brienne and Pod are going to head north and meet Stannis at Winterfell. Everybody dies in the following conflict.
- Winterfell: Everyone hopes that Sansa will murder Ramsay. The alternatives give them nightmares.
- The Wall and beyond: Everyone is glad that Janos is dead, although they think that it will come back to bite Jon.

Husband...."This show has gotten boring"

On Arya at House of Black and White " get out of there girl. You don't belong there. Go home.This is a bit boring" " Hey, there's needle - dont throw that away!"

On Cersei and Margery "Lots of hate there between those two"

On Sansa "WTF! Dont go there. You don't have to marry him"

On Roose " Whose that guy?"

On Stannis "Whose Stannis?" "Oh that guy"

On Tyrion "I bet we are supposed to think he's going to get taken to Cersei. bet its Dany"

On Jon " You idiot, take the offer, get Winterfell back" "Thats a sharp sword"

I'm afraid I had to agree with him on the slow plodding pace of this season so far, especially Arya scenes.

Various comments by family and friends:

"These first three episodes have been boring. I need ACTION! I WANT ACTION!"

"Ok...so now I understand why you're worried about your girl [sansa]. But I think Jon Snow will hear about her marriage to that Bastard and come save her. Never fear my friend! Snow-boy will save his sister. Him...or Stannis...or that Brienne chick. Or maybe she'll kill Ramsey herself on their wedding night. *Shrugs* Your girl is due for a kill. It's been five f-king seasons!"

[On Sansa being betrothed to Ramsey (3 different people's reactions)]:

"Ok, now I'm worried."

"Ok, now I'm intrigued."

"Ok, now I'm confused."

lol.

"Every time I think Arya's story is going to get good, she goes back to sweeping floors."

"Is Sansa's hair dyed because she's trying to disguise herself, or because dark hair is necessary for being evil?" (lol)

"Its all fun and games, Margaery, until Cersei stabs you in the throat."

"Idiot Jorah! He was going to Dany anyways."

"Someone kill Pycelle, please."

My "unsullied" brother thought that the High Sparrow was Lancel, Cersei's cousin. He was also confused by Jaqen's reaction to Arya being surrounded by Arya's things; he thought Jaqen didn't believe Arya was Arya when he said "no one claims she is no one, yet she is surroudned by Arya Stark's things". lol

My mom & sister are both unsullied. We don't get to watch the show together but we always chat about it after. My mom still can't remember most of their names and gets confused when I ask her what she thinks about this person or that person. My sister is better with the names and pays closer attention.

She thinks Jaime will come back with Myrcella but really hopes that someone, anyone kills Cersei.

"Sansa is going to go buck wild and kill everyone."

She wants Jon to go fight at Winterfell but not with that king & that crazy lady. She asked me if Jon was this badass in the books.

Says Arya is going to "fall out of the loop" like Bran. "I really have no idea what will happen with him."

She really wants Tyrion to get to Dany somehow & help her be Queen of Westeros.

She says Tommen seems good & thinks he will try to be a good King for the most part. She likes Margaery but can't decide if she is good or bad :lol:

She really likes Jon, Tyrion, Littlefinger?! & she liked The Hound

She doesn't like the guy Sansa is going to marry or the guy he tortured and she really hates Cersei

Archived