[Book Spoilers] Your Unsullied friends and family's reactions to the High Sparrow Episode

Various comments by family and friends:

"These first three episodes have been boring. I need ACTION! I WANT ACTION!"

Now imagine what would have happened if they had not taken an ax to AFFC/ADWD ...

Uh-huh. A Freudian slip (you come up with this yourself?) or are you *really* keeping this amount of detailed notes from your "unsullied fiance"? :unsure:

In general these threads seem to be filled with posts where their "unsullied" friends opinion on the episode seems to match the posters. Hmm.

My apologies, I'm not sure what you mean? Perhaps you're reading my part as hers, since I didn't really format it and just put her stuff in quotes? I was the one who reacted when I realized the Slynt thing was coming up, not her. Sorry if it was unclear.

My wife thinks its adolescent, macho shit that sells itself with tits and ass - has done from the start (she never liked the idea of such a placid mum that would allow the father to take a 10 year old boy to a beheading). She also tried to read the books 3 times and thought they were crap also :D But she buys me t-shirts and stubbie holders, coz she knows I like it.

Haha, she sounds awesome! How many years together?

"Someone kill Pycelle, please."

Hahaha… My girl *really* likes Star Wars so even though she is distrustful of Pycelle, she would never wish death upon him.

One friend: "wow, Tommen is an annoying little shit in this episode."

Other friend: "The only reason I watch this show is for Arya, she's so cool. LOL, she said cunt. Do we find Tommen attractive? I can't tell. Oh, he's meant to be eight? Probably not attractive, then. Cersei is bae, Lena Headey is so much better in this than St Trinians. Is Dany in this? Hope not, where's Arya? Woa Jon, calm down. Oh ok, he's beheading people. That seems rather extreme. (well, she said one vaguely intelligent thing...) What's Tyrion doing? He's really boring. LOL, that prostitute looks like Daenerys. Oh no don't kill Tyrion. Who the hell is this guy?!"

I think I need new friends.

:dunce:

My sister has watched the four leaked episodes and thinks that nothing has happened and all the characters have turned boring. The only person she finds interesting is Cersei so I told her about all the main characters being on apprenticeships in the last two books and that Cersei and Theon had the strongest stories so I imagine they will be the most interesting in the show as well. She is desperate for me to watch the fourth episode because she wants to discuss something which happens at the end with me.

My sister has watched the four leaked episodes and thinks that nothing has happened and all the characters have turned boring. The only person she finds interesting is Cersei so I told her about all the main characters being on apprenticeships in the last two books and that Cersei and Theon had the strongest stories so I imagine they will be the most interesting in the show as well. She is desperate for me to watch the fourth episode because she wants to discuss something which happens at the end with me.

:crying: :crying:

I'm almost embarrassed to type this, but my DH.

Shortly after we have a whole Jon Snow scene, they have the Arya scene where she has to get rid of Needle, etc. My DH says didn't someone like her dad give it to her. I tell him yes, her brother gave it to her and he's like which brother, so I tell him it's Jon Snow.

He then seriously asks me, "Who's Jon Snow?"

And then I sat staring at him like: :stunned:

I mean, really? Our kids know who Jon Snow is and they aren't even allowed to watch the show.

I'm almost embarrassed to type this, but my DH.

Shortly after we have a whole Jon Snow scene, they have the Arya scene where she has to get rid of Needle, etc. My DH says didn't someone like her dad give it to her. I tell him yes, her brother gave it to her and he's like which brother, so I tell him it's Jon Snow.

He then seriously asks me, "Who's Jon Snow?"

And then I sat staring at him like: :stunned:

I mean, really? Our kids know who Jon Snow is and they aren't even allowed to watch the show.

yahaahah tha'ts hilarious.

Reminds me of how I refer to characters from other shows (ones I'm not so obsessed with). "Ya know.. that ONE guy... with the shirt?"

He'll know who you mean if you say just say mopey guy dressed in black in leiu of his name...

I thought Tomman was awesome this episode. He's a fifteen year old boy being fought over by two of the most manipulative women in the world so of course he's going to be confused. Props to Cersei who is fighting with her Vagina tied behind her back. (Which she really doesn't have to considering she is a Lannister.) :P

Now imagine what would have happened if they had not taken an ax to AFFC/ADWD ...

Exactly. If they think this is boring...

But yeah, my gf is saying it's boring. My dad's saying it's boring. Only my mom seems to be liking it so far.

Haha, she sounds awesome! How many years together?

Tooo fucking many :D

nah, she's great - we've been together almost 15 years but only married 4 of those. We did everything arse about and had to wait until the kids were a certain age before we could afford to get married.

oh, all of my friends fucking love it, except for one. they think it's so freakin' awesome but don't know anyones names or what is going on with storylines when i try to discuss it, lawl. it's like they watch it for the hype or something. ugh.

My fiancee didn't like the first two episodes, but she seemed more entertained by this one. And also pretty excited about Sansa-Ramsay match.

The most annoying part was that she didn't react to "the north remembers" replic in ANY way <_< .

On the other hand, I was so proud of her when she instantly understood that they take faces of dead people in the House of Black and White B) .

oh, all of my friends fucking love it, except for one. they think it's so freakin' awesome but don't know anyones names or what is going on with storylines when i try to discuss it, lawl. it's like they watch it for the hype or something. ugh.

:agree:

I tried to give a coin and say "Valar Morghulis" to some of my 'wathcer' friends. No need to say, each time I spent 10 minutes explaining. And this was even before i read books, so I was unsullied too, which was more frustrating.

My wife thinks its adolescent, macho shit that sells itself with tits and ass - has done from the start (she never liked the idea of such a placid mum that would allow the father to take a 10 year old boy to a beheading). She also tried to read the books 3 times and thought they were crap also :D But she buys me t-shirts and stubbie holders, coz she knows I like it.

I like your wife.

My unsullied sister shares her opinion of the show.

My boyfriend enjoyed the episode though did not grasp everything. Here some of his thoughts:

Cercei and Marg:He was intrigued by Cercei being so nice. He knows she's planning something but also wonders if she's really becoming more humble as a result of her diminishing power. Was however not impressed by Margaery and how she "lacked her usual elegance"

The beheading: wondered a little why Jon executed Janos despite him pleading for mercy. Also wondered what is he trying to prove to Stannis by doing so.

Volantis: tried to remember if there was something between Jorah and the Lannisters that would explain why Jorah was so violent

In short he liked the idea of Cercei possibly repenting (though did not necessarily believe she would), condemned Margaerys mockery and couldn't understand the use of violence. And this was my boyfriend, not my mom :lol:

I can´t even attempt to explain the show anymore:

One of my unsullied friends started thinking of the coming of age and succession rules of Westeros:

Marg and Tommen scene:

Unsullied: How old is he supposed to be?

Me: Like twelve I guess...

Awkward moment of silence.

Tommen Cersei scene:

Unsullied: So he rules as king?

Me: I guess.

Sansa Littlefinger:

Unsullied: What is LF? Is he Lord of the Vale now?

Me: He is Arryns guardian. And Lord of Harrenhall.

Unsullied: So he wants the boy to die to get the Vale, too?

Me: Well, then LF wouldn´t be guardian anymore.

Unsullied: The Arryn boy is the last of his line isn´t he?

Me: In the show... I guess...

Unsullied: So he is Lord of the Vale now?

Me: He isn´t old enough to rule yet.

Unsullied: Tommen is king. He is not much older, is he?

Me: I think so...

Unsullied: Why didn´t Lysa marry Sansa to the boy then?

Me: He was too young. :uhoh:

Unsullied: Why does LF want Sansa to marry Bolton? Does he want to kill the Boltons or Sansa? (The Sansa bit was a joke ;).)

Me: How should I know?

Unsullied: You´ve read the books!

Me: ...

Summary: my Unsullied is always thinking of whom LF may kill next. :lmao:

My sister loves Bran and was perturbed when I said he was taking the year off. She was all "but he's the most important character!" Though she also thought that Elia was Jon's mother, because there had to be a tie in with the northern shoreline. She figured Elia's death was suspicious somehow and that Jon's mother has to be an important secret, like he's the real heir. I lol'd.

My buddy refers to Essos as "the place where storylines go to die."

Both unsullied for the most part, although my friend watched episode 4 and I told my sister about RLJ.

My sister loves Bran and was perturbed when I said he was taking the year off. She was all "but he's the most important character!" Though she also thought that Elia was Jon's mother, because there had to be a tie in with the northern shoreline. She figured Elia's death was suspicious somehow and that Jon's mother has to be an important secret, like he's the real heir. I lol'd.

My buddy refers to Essos as "the place where storylines go to die."

Both unsullied for the most part, although my friend watched episode 4 and I told my sister about RLJ.

The bolded part is so true.

Archived