Robb's Will vs. Stannis' Will

Mithras

Not really. What is the point of "Oh shit. I am a bastard but not the bastard I thought I was."

What is the point of making him a bastard and then sending him to an institution that renounces all the titles and claims from narrative perspective? It would be way more interesting if he learns he is legitimate, having sworn the vows of the NW.

The point of "Oh shit. I am a bastard but not the bastard I thought I was" is so readers can see what it means to be one person's bastard rather than another. His story has followed him being a snow who had to deal with catelyn. That shaped Jon as a character.

It will then follow him being a Sand (or whatever) which will reshape his character. When he does realize this we will see some kind of change in his personality and thinking, which can be compared to him as a snow. And then we can see what it means to be one person's bastard rather than another.

Plus the idea of him being legitimate is all based on circumstances we know almost nothing about.

The point of "Oh shit. I am a bastard but not the bastard I thought I was" is so readers can see what it means to be one person's bastard rather than another. His story has followed him being a snow who had to deal with catelyn. That shaped Jon as a character.

It will then follow him being a Sand (or whatever) which will reshape his character. When he does realize this we will see some kind of change in his personality and thinking, which can be compared to him as a snow. And then we can see what it means to be one person's bastard rather than another.

Plus the idea of him being legitimate is all based on circumstances we know almost nothing about.

What if the point of Jon's story is that he will be a great King because he was born thinking he was bastard, being treated like a bastard and had to earn everything he ever had?

You cant say what the point of Jon's story is until the series is over.

That would be like telling me what the point of Ned's Story is before the end of GoT. Him getting his head chopped off changed a lot of things don't you think?

It will be the same with Jon, we will know the point of his story when it is over

What if the point of Jon's story is that he will be a great King because he was born thinking he was bastard, being treated like a bastard and had to earn everything he ever had?

You cant say what the point of Jon's story is until the series is over.

That would be like telling me what the point of Ned's Story is before the end of GoT. Him getting his head chopped off changed a lot of things don't you think?

It will be the same with Jon, we will know the point of his story when it is over

No I can't. But the point I'm following on is the theme his story has been following-being a bastard. The same way Neds story followed him trying to do what's right and honourable. Same way Catelyn's story has been about protecting her family. Same way Sansa's story has been about accepting reality isn't songs and fairy tales.

That is an extremely bad reading of Jon's story. Besides, he will never be a Sand, assuming that he is a bastard of R and L. He grew up in North and if he is a bastard, he is always a Snow.

That is an extremely bad reading of Jon's story. Besides, he will never be a Sand, assuming that he is

a bastard of R and L. He grew up in North and if he is a bastard, he is always a Snow.

I was using sand as another way to describe him being a bastard.

Plus this comment just shows how disrespectful people can be on these forums. Thinking they can say what they want because your hiding behind a profile picture. That's what trolls do, think on that.

Actually edit- that's what BULLIES do.

I was using sand as another way to describe him being a bastard.

Plus this comment just shows how disrespectful people can be on these forums. Thinking they can say what they want because your hiding behind a profile picture. That's what trolls do, think on that.

Trust me he won't.

Balerion won't say it so I will, mithras you're a troll.

• 4 weeks later...

dont see it happening. Stannis has been spending most of the books talking about how the laws of succession make him the one true king, if he dies, that would make shireen the rightful heir, and stannis wouldnt throw her aside in his will, especially since he has already explicitly said to Justin Massey that if he dies he should bring the sellswords over to fight for shireen instead, so he clearly isnt considering the idea.

Robert's claim didnot only derive from his warhammer. His Targaryen blood was also important. If Stannis believes that Jon is the legitimate son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, considering previous precedents about choosing male heirs over female ones in the succession line, Stannis might not feel troubled with the succession rules. Plus, this would also be a political move against Dany. Jon's claim will outrank hers, so even if Stannis dies at battle, his heir Jon will have a stronger claim than Dany's and his cause might prevail in the end.

By all accounts Stannis is expecting Shireen to function as his heir in the possibility of her death He has his men even say if he falls bring the sellswords to fight for her claim. I don't think he'd marry her off in a death document. If she's to be his heir, her hand in marriage is one of the few cards she has to play. I think he'd give her the freedom to do so. Or if he's going to marry her off, he'd do it while he's alive.

Archived