"I've heard very little about you. Which makes you quite a rare thing, as lords go"

cgf

I'm somewhat surprised by how many people I've heard talk LF at his word with this line. Is this the common interpretation? Every time I've watched that scene I've just assumed this was LF's little way of subtly bringing Ramsay's reputation up without letting Ramsay be sure that that's what he was doing. A way to poke the monster he had heard about and see how good he was at his "good boy" act, that Ramsay had previously used to sucker Theon.

Admittedly I think LF wants to use Ramsay against Roose to get back at Roose for the RW, as well as to clear out the north for Sansa without either of them bloodying their hands, but that's a thought for another thread. I'm just curious if most people took Petyr at his word with this line, or if they assumed he was lying, as I did.

Wish I could make this a poll, but if this site has that feature, it is beyond my ability.

i do agree. at the same time,

I'm somewhat surprised by how many people I've heard talk LF at his word with this line. Is this the common interpretation? Every time I've watched that scene I've just assumed this was LF's little way of subtly bringing Ramsay's reputation up without letting Ramsay be sure that that's what he was doing. A way to poke the monster he had heard about and see how good he was at his "good boy" act, that Ramsay had previously used to sucker Theon.

Admittedly I think LF wants to use Ramsay against Roose to get back at Roose for the RW, as well as to clear out the north for Sansa without either of them bloodying their hands, but that's a thought for another thread. I'm just curious if most people took Petyr at his word with this line, or if they assumed he was lying, as I did.

Wish I could make this a poll, but if this site has that feature, it is beyond my ability.

I agree. id be surprised if LF didn't have little birds telling him about Ramsay..

I am honestly really unsure about if he is telling the truth here or not...

On the one hand, Littlefinger usually have good info on most people. On the other hand, Ramsay was up until recently Ramsay Snow, the bastard son of a lord (and not a great lord, at the time, only a vassal).

Of course, if anyone bothers to keep an eye on the bastards and seemingly powerless, it's Littlefinger.

It makes no sense for him to not be telling the truth, because if he knows what Ramsay's really like his plan goes from being merely dumb to completely insane. It makes absolutely no sense to hand over his prize strategic asset, and put himself in the hands of, a crazy psychopath who has proven that he will gruesomely mutilate and kill people even when it makes absolutely no sense for him to do that. The whole plan for an alliance with the Boltons is premised on the idea that the Boltons are rational actors.

I find LF saying something like this to anyone to be extremely out of character. Almost as out of character as Ramsay's response. Anybody else think it's unlikely that Ramsay would ever just blurt out the information that he's a bastard? I know it's common knowledge but he kills people for pointing it out to him.

You may be correct about Littlefinger's reasons for his apparently out-of-character action, but I'm still wondering. Could show!LF really be that confident in Sansa's ability to outsmart a house full of sadists that he would knowingly leave her there? It almost makes more sense if he's never heard of Ramsay before. It would be out of character, but at least it wouldn't be cruel.

The way Martin has it in the book is much smarter. Stay safe in the Vale and make suitors travel to you.

It almost confirms that he is playing dumb to the boltons and making himself look needed for an alliance with them when it seems surely he is luring them into a false sense of security with a Vale army ally. Lf will use the Vale to sweep the Boltons out of power and make himself a hero. He is probably planning on either teaming with Stannis because the Iron Bank is backing him or simply taking him out too. LF has a long working relationship with the Iron Bank and they usually back winners when they can.

However, the wild card scenario is this, he finds out after delivering Sansa to Winterfell that he is being recalled asap to King's Landing. I wonder how that is throwing a monkey wrench into his plans at this time? This gets him out of Winterfell and leaves Sansa there alone with these people. I am sure that is most unnexpected and opens the door to Sansa being succeptable to victimization.

Given how important Sansa is to LF, I doubt he would risk her safety when he needs her to help secure the North. It is unlikely he would risk that much, esp without hedging his bet.

Also I think he does truly like her, and that adds to him wanting to protect her. She is his most valuable asset and ally, at least till Rickon comes into play.

Given how important Sansa is to LF, I doubt he would risk her safety when he needs her to help secure the North. It is unlikely he would risk that much, esp without hedging his bet.

Also I think he does truly like her, and that adds to him wanting to protect her. She is his most valuable asset and ally, at least till Rickon comes into play.

Sansa is the only person in this world he would consider and I believe want to settle down with, the power and the woman go hand and hand. His political position and her "legal troubles" make that difficult at the time. The current occupants of the house seat he really wants are the Boltons. His hold on the Vale is tenuous at best. If he gets the North and marries Sansa, he can start a house there in Winterfell. He does not know of Bran and Rickon though, so he really is playing out of his depth, not only because of House Bolton and Ramsay but the North and who is actually alive that he does not know of.

^

Do you ever think that we'll see Rickon and Osha again? I have my doubts.

Well GRRM was so impressed with Natalia Tena, that he said he needs to have more for Osha in the books, so I take it we have more of her in the show, when ?

LF has heard very little about Ramsay politically - as a Lord, where he came from, who his mother is, how he was raised, who he squired for - etc, etc. He may have heard that Ramsay enjoys flaying people but I don't think this is what LF is referring to.

Wasn't Littlefinger taking the piss, the master of teleports.

It would be dumber to assume Littlefinger can pass through Moat Calin without hearing of the Bastards exploits? Then again everybody can just travel around it so I guess dumb isn't clever. How those Boltons deeds merited their control and present title.

What do we know from a show perspective of Ramsey's lineage?

He is a Bastard who was not called upon during the war under Roose banners. Did Roose lose kin, or had the Bastard killed them? Does Ramsey love his Dad now that he has made a name for himself? Either way flaying was outlawed by the Starks, so I guess any Sigil doesn't hold much of a description into both Sansa and Littlefinger's recollection.

Someone should photoshop Edward Scissorhands over Ramsey while Littlefinger is saying: "I don't know you very well laddie", that would really strike point.

Knowing who are you marrying your ward to is savvy medieval (and modern) politicians 101 and somehow he doesn't know him (which is just a show cop-out for him on what may happen to show!Sansa).

He knew of Winterfell Theon and the boys, seasons ago within direct conversation before the Eyrie. What game is he planning now? He is supposedly gonna teleport back to KL, but will Sansa be reborn before then?

His entire character is quite contradicting. He is going to KL where he should be tried under guillotine by the sparrows and government for committing treason. Instead he pawns Sansa in pretense to Love that he had known better about.

His game is obvious because otherwise he would have wed her to Sweet Robyn. No he still wants her, so it is just a ruse with the Boltons. Which should see a Mars Attacks, when Brienne killed his army.

Well the Master of Teleports knows best

One thing that strikes me about this conversation is how he turns to Roose after it and says "He seems pleased."

And Roose kind of looks at him responds like, "Ughhh, shouldn't he be? Really, wtf. You have fewer brains about you than a pie."

Archived