What is Littlefinger up to?

LadySharpTeeth

So Littlefinger left Sweet Robin with Bronze Yohn, left Sansa with the Boltons, and has gone to King's Landing in response to Cersei's raven message. Can someone out there set me straight on how any of this is a good idea?

Littlefinger works by convincing people to do things for him. What does this mean in terms of Sansa and the Boltons?

I'm looking for any speculation out there, solid or wild. Honestly, Littlefinger baffles me.

For a start, Yohn is not very Bronze here - or bright. Think of him as Nestor's mind and Belmore's belly. (I love his actor)

Petyr seems to be hinting at a perverted version of the Robert's Rebellion alliance - Boltons, Baelishes and Freys. With the Lannisters as the new Targaryens.

If he obeys Cersei, he'll be doing so to cover his plans - 'do what your enemies least expect, even if it's not in your own obvious interests', etc.

I think we are meant to feel this baffled. If it's any consolation...! But basically, I suppose, watch and find out.

My bf pointed out that when Littlefinger gets to KL the sparrows will be looking for him. He's likely to try his usual play on the High Sparrow, who has no self-interest to appeal to.This won't work. Is LF going to be in an ecclesiastical cell like Marge and Carol? That would keep him from rescuing Sansa.

Littlefinger is that character to make all the sinkholes the character who does everything and teleports everywhere. If any character is needed to fill a role guaranteed that the character to do it is Littlefinger.

He is everywhere and nowhere all at once. His game is chaos, how that translates on screen is precisely that description

Why is he going back to Kingslanding for, seriously? Littlefinger to the rescue, makes more chaos....

How is he going to stay out of someone's cell in KL? I read a comment in the Sansa thread about how LF may tell Cersei that Sansa is a fake and have her annul Sansa's marriage and pardon her so fSansa can marry a loyal Bolton and act as a hostage to keep the north quiet. Sort of using the fArya story but only to tell people in KL.

There are 2 other threads discussing this exact topic. In short summary I explained how these moves that look like they are working against LF are actually working for him.

As well as opining that we should remember what LF said himself. Making moves that seem counter productive can often confuse those who would oppose you.

Not being predictable is a core trait of someone playing the meta of GoT.

There are 2 other threads discussing this exact topic. In short summary I explained how these moves that look like they are working against LF are actually working for him.

As well as opining that we should remember what LF said himself. Making moves that seem counter productive can often confuse those who would oppose you.

Not being predictable is a core trait of someone playing the meta of GoT.

Those two threads aren't asking about LF in KL, much less wondering about his deal with the Queen of Thorns. Surely there's some better plan than to stir everything up and see what happens. As I said before, he didn't plan for the sparrows and they will bring him down if they can. They don't like brothels. I have no idea why he went to such lengths to involve Sansa in Joffreys murder. She would have been implicated whether or not she had some poison necklace. Is he making her an accessory to that and Lysa's death to control her?

Someone in another thread has speculated that LF will be setting Cersei up for her stay with the High Sparrow. After she's out of the way he will then step in as King's Hand and regent. I don't see that happening unless Kevan and Mace Tyrell are both also out of the picture. I can see him getting his old job as Master of Coin back if Cersei's out of the picture but not Hand.

In the books, LF is smart enough to keep well away from any sparrows. They aren't just in King's Landing. They're everywhere in Westeros where there are poor, war-ravaged people. Travel is dangerous for nobles. In the show, LF is flitting all over the country and going to walk right into the fight between the High Septon and the High Sparrow, asking for favors and playing the hypocrite. How is this not going to catch up with him? My first official prediction of this thread is that LF won't live out the season.

Someone in another thread has speculated that LF will be setting Cersei up for her stay with the High Sparrow. After she's out of the way he will then step in as King's Hand and regent. I don't see that happening unless Kevan and Mace Tyrell are both also out of the picture. I can see him getting his old job as Master of Coin back if Cersei's out of the picture but not Hand.

In the books, LF is smart enough to keep well away from any sparrows. They aren't just in King's Landing. They're everywhere in Westeros where there are poor, war-ravaged people. Travel is dangerous for nobles. In the show, LF is flitting all over the country and going to walk right into the fight between the High Septon and the High Sparrow, asking for favors and playing the hypocrite. How is this not going to catch up with him? My first official prediction of this thread is that LF won't live out the season.

I know, in the books, he is hiding out in the Vale due to its seclusion and security from war torn areas. like fleeing into Switzerland to avoid european mainland wars. LF is seemingly so out of character in this season. We will not know how much so until TWOW is released in less than a year from now.

I know, in the books, he is hiding out in the Vale due to its seclusion and security from war torn areas. like fleeing into Switzerland to avoid european mainland wars. LF is seemingly so out of character in this season. We will not know how much so until TWOW is released in less than a year from now.

Source for TWoW releasing in under 1 year?

Source for TWoW releasing in under 1 year?

GRRM, he has stated that he is determined to get TWOW out before season 6 which will be the show's version of most of the same events. He has conceded the show will pass him on the last book.

What if Little Finger is on fast forward?

Sansa could just be an experiment. Either she'll succeed in her rebellion, and "won't that be interesting?" Or, she'll fail and he'll have one less Stark to worry about.

He already has the Vale, so Robin, (if he survives), isn't an issue.

He's dealt major blows to all the great houses, and now has Cersei in his sights.

Perhaps once Cersei is locked away- he'll be free to act as Hand of the King. Another exciting opportunity!

So exciting that he goes to check in on Pycelle one evening...

Archived