The Fall: Gillian Anderson

Lily Valley

Is anyone else watching this?

I got sucked in because of my beloved Gillian Anderson. I love her character. I really like the editing.

I have questions:

Anyone want to weigh in on how different the criminal justice system is in Ireland? By the third episode I was calling for a search warrant and a SWAT team to knock doors down. I am assuming this is not done in other parts of the world the way it is done in the US. Our "Law and Order" series are not far off of how easy / frequent it is to have search teams sent to a neighbors house. SWATting is a very disgusting "thing" in the US.

The development of the story is very interesting for me along the lines of international differences in police work.

Gillian's character is wonderful for promoting some great feminist ideas. I love the way she handles the camera.

We have a few weeks before OITNB.

Watch?

The first series discussion seems to have been lost in the ether but this is the second series discussion:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/114277-the-fall-tv-series/

I enjoyed the first series better than the second because it seemed to veer a little (which it naturally should have). Stella is such a great character that challenges everyone because she's a woman as a man in a man's world . And thankfully there's a vehicle out there that displays Jamie Dornan's acting ability. He's not the greatest thespian who ever lived, but plays Paul Spector well.

I really enjoyed this show, mainly because of Stella, but also, pretty much every actor in it is great. Jamie Dornan's portrayal of Paul is fantastic, but the woman who plays his wife is even better.

Edit: Thanks Kair, I didn't see your post the first time through. I went back several pages and couldn't find it.

I had to use the magic of Google site search to locate it myself. I'll admit I had nothing to contribute to it except one gripe part way two series two *L*

I do find the procedural aspects interesting. Between The Fall, The Missing and reading a few Tana French books I find there's a been a misery and level of despair you don't see in American police shows. Or at least the misery and despair of American shows is displayed alongside sensational/exploitative storytelling. Even the cinematography with it's more muted colouring plays a part in British tv crime dramas.

Husband and I recently watched the first season. I really liked it for the reasons above re. Stella's character and the different procedural aspects, especially as I work with crime scene investigation here in the US.

Does the second season continue with the same crime? I was shocked that there was not a "bad-guy-goes-down" resolution.

snow "had to watch with subtitles" leo

Archived