The Sons of the Harpy Description & Discussion

I saw a spoiler on Goodreads from someone who saw a leaked episode. There is indeed going to be a WHAM! But I really hope that it was a troll post and not real. I guess I'll see when I tune in tonight.

I saw a spoiler on Goodreads from someone who saw a leaked episode. There is indeed going to be a WHAM! But I really hope that it was a troll post and not real. I guess I'll see when I tune in tonight.

And I can't believe how time flies - we about to catch up with the leaks - 4 weeks go by like nothing!

I just realized that with Jaime on his stupid mission he won't be around to treat with the Blackfish. I really think that was my favorite part of AFFC

Yep, that's Dumb & Dumber's reverse Midas touch - turn solid gold source material into stinking piles of shit. Look at what they did to the revelation of Varys' allegiance. Instead of a dramatic, shocking twist viewed from the eyes of a confused, frightened Kevan, it was an underwhelming, rambling explanation to a hungover Tyrion.

I hope Areo cuts Bronn in half in place of Ser Oakheart. Bronn went from a mildly amusing background character to the Lannister bros' best buddy. He has hogged way too much screen time for a minor role. Die!

I got spoiled by accident on Youtube of all places, saw a 90 second video marked trailer and clicked on it. It was not a trailer, so fucking pissed. What the hell is leaked info doing on You Tube and it's still there after being reported but that was like a week ago, and it was up for at least two weeks with a ton of views. It was not fake either, it was legit and pretty epic. But still fuck that if I wanted to see the leaked show I would watch it. Lying and saying it was a trailer. Still pissed about that.

I got spoiled by accident on Youtube of all places, saw a 90 second video marked trailer and clicked on it. It was not a trailer, so fucking pissed. What the hell is leaked info doing on You Tube and it's still there after being reported but that was like a week ago, and it was up for at least two weeks with a ton of views. It was not fake either, it was legit and pretty epic. But still fuck that if I wanted to see the leaked show I would watch it. Lying and saying it was a trailer. Still pissed about that.

The internet is dark and full of terrors - very much like GRRMs idea of magic, a sword without a hilt.

I love that Sansa is in Winterfell. I think George RR Martin only really outlined his story till the red wedding in the early days and imagined it eventually turning into a giant action move... or not. The original treatment didn't even talk about the Dragons. He's purposely dragging it out. From a story telling perspective, Switching Sansa for Jeyne Poole is brilliant. What is she even doing in the Vale still in the books? Nothing is happening! I haven't felt the nail biting suspense in books four and five. I started skipping chapters in four and couldn't finish five for years after I read a wiki outline. The show is better story telling and isn't getting bogged down in world building.

I love that Sansa is in Winterfell. I think George RR Martin only really outlined his story till the red wedding in the early days and imagined it eventually turning into a giant action move... or not. The original treatment didn't even talk about the Dragons. He's purposely dragging it out. From a story telling perspective, Switching Sansa for Jeyne Poole is brilliant. What is she even doing in the Vale still in the books? Nothing is happening! I haven't felt the nail biting suspense in books four and five. I started skipping chapters in four and couldn't finish five for years after I read a wiki outline. The show is better story telling and isn't getting bogged down in world building.

haha

People are complaining about Sons of Harpy fight. So let me state my opinion. IUnsullied are soldiers, not warriors. Barristan says as much in the books. They had spears in a hallway as well. Not a good combo. Unsullied aren't very smart either, another thing Barristan points out.

Lastly, the Sons of the Harpy have to be a believable threat.

People are complaining about Sons of Harpy fight. So let me state my opinion. IUnsullied are soldiers, not warriors. Barristan says as much in the books. They had spears in a hallway as well. Not a good combo. Unsullied aren't very smart either, another thing Barristan points out.

Lastly, the Sons of the Harpy have to be a believable threat.

I felt that way the first time I saw the fight, but after several viewings, I've realized that despite the Unsullied being excellent warriors, they're very much outnumbered greatly.

It's like 6 against 20 until Ser Grandfather shows up.

I hope Barristan survives, but his death may leave an opening for Tyrion to fill his place as Dany’s advisor.

And finally they're starting to drop more anvils of R + L = J hints. Especially like Littlefinger's expression when Sansa said something about Rhaegar kidnapping and raping Lyanna.

Stannis/Shireen scene is so good. I hate to think that it's a premonition of their tragic ends later.

Sandsnakes are meh.

Archived