[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Part 2

teemo

My standards are pretty low for the show. As long as I don't hate one or both of them, I figure that's something. I still like both of them.

I still like them too, but they are not the same characters anymore, are they?

By He of Many Faces, it is Arya's nipples that are in danger of becoming a lethal weapon one day. I shall make a donation to the HoBaW and try and disctract Jaqen, errrrrrrrrr, the Kindly Man, whoever........to save us and her from this fate. :leer:

Can't stop laughing. :lol:

LOL Yup, that was the DenimBorn, right? They like no one but Asha Yara, and who could blame them?

Actually I kind of enjoyed the look... I thought they conveyed the sort of harsh life the Iron born had.... but yeah Denim lol... My biggest peeve is them dropping the Iron born Arc.... I mean they could have easily kept it without actors by just keeping the story alive with bits and pieces being spoken of in the small council.... I feel like D&D failed here by not using the small council more to keep us semi informed about the Riverlands, the Sparrows, and the Iron Born...even if you do not have the budget for those actors...It certainly would have been mysterious and kept the viewers interest... and would have been interesting dialog IMHO....

My standards are pretty low for the show. As long as I don't hate one or both of them, I figure that's something. I still like both of them.

Dude, I get you. I’m giving the Arya plot a free pass because at least she’s in fucking Braavos. That’s how low my standards are: being in the right physical location.

I've seen a few references to St. Tyrion. What is meant by this?

We have our own language here. This should help.

Yeah, it would be quite...hard

Indeed..

Conversation would probably go

A: Shit it don't look like that normally (D Damn it cut we cannot have ..tion

A: That ain't right (D: Take this anti imflammatory

A: Don't wanna die (D: Wear this um strapon

A: Not my ass (D: Cuttttt lets just get a woman instead

Comical really

It's short for Bronn of the Soon to be Dead.

Ha, yeah as soon as Jamie started telling him about the castle etc he'd get after this mission I thought "well, bye bye Bronn".

Totally reminds me of Last Action Hero "2 days to retirement....."

Oh course, how else could they make even the Dorne plot all about the Lannisters?

Also taking this opportunity to plug my latest bit of tumblr madness.

Trading Kittens for Coitus: The Adaptation of Margaery and Tommen in Game of Thrones

I think the titles speaks for itself.

Read it and I love you. I'm gonna use it when people ask me why I got fed up with the show.

Small suggestion: You could add the line when Cersei mentions Tommen's father was good at jousts. It helps the context.

I've now read all the part 1 and part 2 of this thread so feel compelled to comment.

However all the good rants and raves have been done already way better than I could.

Mostly annoyed about the LF/Sansa/Boltons debacle. WTF? So LF is an idiot now then eh?

The most glaring thing about it to me is the whole revenge argument that convinces Sansa to go through with it.

What and how exactly is this revenge? Is Sansa supposed to hope that Ramsey doesn't rape/kill her long enough to stab him or Roose in the back when they are not looking? Coz that will end well, she'd surely come through that unscathed and unflayed.

The argument seems to be "Marry him and fuck him against your will. Revenge!!"

Related to that story line and one of the links on the other thread. I can't believe I am going to say this, it makes me question everything I am as a human being but I think I actually DON'T want to see some boobs?!

If Sansa has a topless scene watching it is going to make me feel uncomfortable. We've watched that actress grow up from season 1 and I can't separate her in my head from that child.

I appreciate Sophie has grown into an attractive adult but in my mind its just still wrong. Like someone else said it's like they've waited for her to turn 18 so they can go "woohoo, show us your boobs!". And if I accidentally think for even a second when I see it "Nice tits!" I am going to feel weirdly complicit in their nudity grooming crap.

Anyway, I was only going to type the first 2 sentences but got carried away!

That is how I feel, She is still Ned's little girl and is innocent yet has whitnessed much. I don't care if she goes into a a psycho killer rage but her person in this show to me ought to be off limits until/unless she gets her prince charming or atleast someone who is worthy of her.

Can't stop laughing. :lol:

A Girl.............couldn't help herself, LOL

I have to get through the fact that the show will not only never show us him in the tub, but alas, he may be stuck in that horrible robe forever. I told you there was a way they COULD almost ruin Tom for me, almost, LOL

Actually I kind of enjoyed the look... I thought they conveyed the sort of harsh life the Iron born had.... but yeah Denim lol... My biggest peeve is them dropping the Iron born Arc.... I mean they could have easily kept it without actors by just keeping the story alive with bits and pieces being spoken of in the small council.... I feel like D&D failed here by not using the small council more to keep us semi informed about the Riverlands, the Sparrows, and the Iron Born...even if you do not have the budget for those actors...It certainly would have been mysterious and kept the viewers interest... and would have been interesting dialog IMHO....

I did kind of like the look myself, acid wash and all. The colors seemed to go good with the sea and some of the blue eyes on some of the Iron, errrrrrrrrr, DenimBorn. In all honesty, Dany's Denim seemed more questionable, I guess that could be why the Happy Hooker, or Seriously Adjusted Sex Slave........cut the ass out of her own pair?

I agree, the Small Council could have been used over the years to keep some ideas alive, but hey.........let's have musical chairs and pen fetching, LOL Not that some of that wasn't good, it was, BUT........that's no reason that the scenes couldn't have been, and still could be, more.

Another thing about Marg/T/c is the fact Cersei can actually give Tommen what Marg is giving him: independence. That's kinda the point. Cersei doesn't because she doesn't want to.

In their situation, Marg and Cersei have little power, in theory. The one with the power is Tommen. Cersei has gotten hold of his power because she wants it, though she doesn't deserve it. Margaery doesn't take Tommen's power, she tries to give it to him and, by consequence, Tommen empowers her. That shows she's smart. Cersei is trying to get hold of something that she's not meant to have and she can lose at the moment Tommen feels he likes Marg. the most.

Also, MargBoleyn seems happy she's having sex, even if it's a teenager. bookMarg must be relieved she's not been thrown into someone's bed for the moment.

If by some miracle he lives through the season, we could always alter it. I do think the reason he lost Lollys engagement is because he's a goner.

They cast her for nothing when they could have cast Trystane actor as Quentyn and some random kid to be Trystane :dunno:

Just seen promo photo with Sand Snakes for the next episode. Nymeria and Tyene look so interchangeable. At least Obara has a distinct armour. Why couldn't they keep Tyene's "deadly septa" looks and personality?

(But I have to admit that I always pictured Nym as Asian)

I don't have a problem with Sansa having a topless scene at some point, she's a woman now.

Actually, that's kind of my problem with situations like this. Age or legality doesn't make you a man or a woman just like being a fully adult doesn't make all of your decisions smart. You're not wiser the day you turn 18 than the day before.

When a young starlet is underage, I've seen many people very much having a countdown to her legal age. The thing is, they are lusting after a minor and they're waiting for a date to feel themselves less pervert about it. Like, saying, after Sophie turned 18, that they would want to bang her makes the fact they simply kept it quiet when she was 17y11m29d23h59m59s ok.

And the fact that producers expect a girl to become legally allowed to undress for the purpose of undress her, is also sickening.

Oh good.... Let’s keep this thread pure and good guys, if you don’t feed trolls, they wither and die.

What do people think of how the Ironborn were depicted in season 2? I don’t remember much there that made their cultural distinctiveness clear, even then.

I feel like the Show!Ironborn came off kind of generic pirate-y. Not having Damphair there to meet Theon really cut a great opportunity to get insight into their culture. We get a little of it from Balon, and a little more from Theon's crew, but in general it felt very generic. My favorite depiction of them in the show was at Moat Cailin last season, where they just kill the one guy who doesn't want to yield. The worst was the Yara pep talk before the Dreadfort invasion. It was just the exact opposite of a speech that they would give.

Archived