[Book Spoilers] EP504 Discussion

Ran

Ser Grandfather is dead and Dany contemplates unleashing Rheagol and Viseyrion (sp?)

Sansa finds out that Ramsay is a monster . .

Stannis leaves for Winterfell . . . . .

Tyrion and Jorah see Drogon

Thank You.

Think Ramsey had Theon say how he burned the boys?

Yes, and if it comes to fruition, I'll be happy as a clam, and this says about how much I just want this arc to be over. There's also Myranda on the promo, I'm thinking she might be unpleasant to Ramsay and he'll punish her in front of Sansa. He says "You know what happens to people that don't please me", but I don't think that line is to Sansa, I'm thinking it goes to Reek/Myranda.

I agree on what could happen..no way is Sansa getting raped..I think Myranda will take Jeyne's place in that and Sansa might be witness to it, unwilling or not..i think Myranda will threaten her in some way or even physically or sexually assault her which will piss Ramsay off cuz she'll be forcing the attention of Roose and Ramsay will punish her

This also seems to play a part.

Edited by Alayne's Shadow.

What did i just watch? What even was that? It was so assy i just...i cant...

Outside of Stannis and Shireen's lovely scene and that Rhaegar exposition, this just sucked. Everything about it sucked. The Faith Militant is a decent threat but perhaps laying it on too thick? Like holy crap. Its more gradual in the books iirc. Loras..fuck me...i knew it. :ack: I just..

:tantrum: i already hate this season. Mel, get off my Jon!

Now to be fair about Mel there has been some speculation that she will put the moves on Jon at some point in the future. I didn't think she needed to get nude, that's sort of really just plot jumping.

As for people talking about Selmy I don't think he is dead I think he has picked up the Belwas role to an extent and Belwas was out of action for a bit as well. Till after the pit. I hope Ian is coming back, he is underutilized and finally we see him talking and he has a sword and he eats all the chickens. By the way he cut down 9 armed men in close quarters with no armor on and surrounded. I think Selmy did pretty damn good.

I am not enjoying the faith arc or the Dorne arc but for the most part enjoyed the rest.

I don't understand why everyone loves this Stannis and Shireen scene. Stannis would never say that stuff, he never even talks to Shireen.

I personally think they're trying to make her character more prominent and sympathetic this season in order to use her as Melisandre's king's blood sacrifice.

I wonder if this was who Benioff meant. That one panel from a few months ago that I watched on youtube had Benioff mention a "total dick" castmember that they killed off, and the actor really gave them a hard time about it.

It looks like it was him. That's really sad, if it is.

So the Rhaegar the singing minstrel story was to drive home how much of not a rapist he was? After Sansa's comments in the crypts? Can we really expect non-readers to pick up on these things?

Yes. My mum got it and any other not-so-casual viewer will be able to get it. Also did you see Stannis' face? After Mel was all "son of a tavern wench", Stannis all "looool"

I refused to believe that they killed Ser Barriston, but that 2 seconds of preview for next weeks episode does make it look real. Why have the final throat slice interrupted?

I was actually really stoked about that fight when I first saw the episode a month ago. I was cheering even. This was assuming Barry lived. I'm pretty pissed now.

I wonder if this was who Benioff meant. That one panel from a few months ago that I watched on youtube had Benioff mention a "total dick" castmember that they killed off, and the actor really gave them a hard time about it.

I assumed it was Aiden Gillan the entire time. Could it have been Ian?

This is bullshit though, Ser Barriston was my favorite side character in the entire series, and I was stoked when he started getting his own POV chapters.

Am I going down the path of a lot of people on this board? I used to love both the show and the novels equally, but the more this goes on, the less the series is doing as much for me.

Well, love Ramin's music as always, and the show still looks cool.

I think it's a Belwas with Selmy no reason to skip the throat scene. Unless he needs to tell Dany something before he dies. If he dies I will be pissed. But right now I consider him injured, and alive.

Stannis and Shireen scene was really sweet and awesome. Finally viewers will now know why Stannis is the Mannis. What a guy!

Don't like the scene with Cersie and the Sparrow. I wanted them to discuss the crown's debt to the church. The sparrow then tells her, the church doesn't need money but men to protect themselves -and mentions faith militant. So then Cersei grants it and cuts the debt. She thinks she is a great deal broker but has been manipulated.

The show version was all Cersei and the Sparrow doesn't come across as sly and devious.

Not really. They didn't do well together the first time, it would be even worse a second time.She needs a void in her life to consider taking back Jorah, anyhow. This provides that void.

But we don't even know if she takes Jorah back, we don't know if he survives, we don't know if and how they'll meet again. For all we know Dany flies directly to Westeros, no pit stop at the Dothraki Sea

At the risk of eating crow later, I say they killed Selmy so they could give part of his Meereen chapters to Tyrion