[Book Spoilers] EP504 Discussion

Ran

I'm not sure if the episode bothered me because I have to accept it is another show, or I really didn't think it was good episode.I see some of the threads from the books streamlined and coming together, but to have Ser Barristan go out that way? I was yelling at the screen when the fight broke out, as I thought the Unsullied were unstoppable? I thought we were going to see some serious badass moves;even if Ser Barristan old.

Disappointed about what's happening in Dorne, and I'm okay with he Faith Militant because it will bite Cersei in the ass. I did not like the Jaime/Bronn stuff on the beach, and I loved Stannis! but i do need a rematch

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbol-meaning-of-feathers.html Symbol Meaning of Feathers

Symbolic Meanings of Feathers

Symbolic meaning of feathers deal with ascension and spiritual evolution to a higher plane. Feathers were worn by Native American Chiefs to symbolize their communication with Spirit, and to express their celestial wisdom. Also in the Native American Indian culture, feathers represented the power of the thunder gods, along with the power of air and wind.

Native American Pueblo Indians would pay homage to the Feathered Sun which is a symbol of the cosmos and the center of existence. Another symbol meaning of feathers also revolves around prayer, and the Pueblo use feather sticks as they dance in prayer for rain during solstice rituals.

As a Celtic symbol meaning, the feather was worn by Druids in the form of ornate feathered robes. Celtic Druids donned these robes in ceremonies to invoke the sky gods and gain knowledge of the celestial realm. It was believed that the feathered cloak along with the presence of the sky gods would allow the Druid to transcend the earthly plane and enter the ethereal realm.

The Egyptians believed that feathers were symbolic of sky gods too. Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of justice, would weigh the hearts of the newly dead in the underworld against the weight of a feather to determine the worthiness of his or her soul.

In Christianity feathers represented virtues. In fact, an image of three feathers were made into signet rings - each feather symbolizing Charity, hope, and faith. These rings were worn as a symbol of a virtuous soul - they were also used as wax seals. The ring would be dipped in warm wax then pressed against documents to seal the closure. The recipient would know the documents came from a virtuous man by the indication of the three-feather symbol in the wax.

A quick summary on symbol meaning of feathers include...

Symbolism of Feathers

• Truth
  • Speed
  • Lightness
  • Flight
  • Ascension

In dreams feathers meanings point to travel or the ability to move more freely in life. White feathers in dreams indicate innocence or a fresh start in a spiritual sense.

Edited by Grail King

So I thought Barristan was about to get his throat slit, but then Grey Worm kills the guy before it happens. So I'm wondering what the point of that was if he is just going to die anyway?

It's callled a cliffhanger! Now the preview spoiled it. BUt we will also learn that Unsullied is also dead or near death. Sp two characters alive in the books but dead on the show. Maybe Bronne will survive?

I don't understand why everyone loves this Stannis and Shireen scene. Stannis would never say that stuff, he never even talks to Shireen.

Sets up her being sacrificed by her mother and Millasandra behind his back.

Now to be fair about Mel there has been some speculation that she will put the moves on Jon at some point in the future. I didn't think she needed to get nude, that's sort of really just plot jumping.

I thought she was putting the moves on Jon in ADWD, just a bit more subtle. The TV show has no time for subtlety.

Considering how crowded Dany's court will be once Tyrion and Jorah get there, it makes sense to thin it out a bit beforehand. I think Grey Worm lives, but Barry's a goner.

http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbol-meaning-of-feathers.html Symbol Meaning of Feathers

Symbolic Meanings of Feathers

Symbolic meaning of feathers deal with ascension and spiritual evolution to a higher plane. Feathers were worn by Native American Chiefs to symbolize their communication with Spirit, and to express their celestial wisdom. Also in the Native American Indian culture, feathers represented the power of the thunder gods, along with the power of air and wind.

Native American Pueblo Indians would pay homage to the Feathered Sun which is a symbol of the cosmos and the center of existence. Another symbol meaning of feathers also revolves around prayer, and the Pueblo use feather sticks as they dance in prayer for rain during solstice rituals.

As a Celtic symbol meaning, the feather was worn by Druids in the form of ornate feathered robes. Celtic Druids donned these robes in ceremonies to invoke the sky gods and gain knowledge of the celestial realm. It was believed that the feathered cloak along with the presence of the sky gods would allow the Druid to transcend the earthly plane and enter the ethereal realm.

The Egyptians believed that feathers were symbolic of sky gods too. Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of justice, would weigh the hearts of the newly dead in the underworld against the weight of a feather to determine the worthiness of his or her soul.

In Christianity feathers represented virtues. In fact, an image of three feathers were made into signet rings - each feather symbolizing Charity, hope, and faith. These rings were worn as a symbol of a virtuous soul - they were also used as wax seals. The ring would be dipped in warm wax then pressed against documents to seal the closure. The recipient would know the documents came from a virtuous man by the indication of the three-feather symbol in the wax.

A quick summary on symbol meaning of feathers include...

Symbolism of Feathers

• Truth

Speed

Lightness

Flight

Ascension

In dreams feathers meanings point to travel or the ability to move more freely in life. White feathers in dreams indicate innocence or a fresh start in a spiritual sense.

Think point of the feather in the crypt scene was to remind us of the raven in Brans dream.

Edited by Cubarey

D&D really did a great job of getting rid of the whole Jeyne Poole story arch. Thank God Sansa is in Winterfell. I don't even feel like she was a part of the story afterward. GRRM says he doesn't have things planned out, he just write and sees where it goes. He's improvising after the first three books and it's leading to a bunch of useless bullshit and an overly long book. I also think he's (1) addicted to the forums and (2) can't bring himself to either validate fan theories or give up the attention. GRRM originally meant the books to be a three book triology, and now his last book was longer than the first two combined. Props to D&D for cutting Jeyne Poole. And forget Aegon, too.