[Book Spoilers] EP504 Discussion

Ran

I now accept that the show (from this season on) is not based on the books only inspired by them.

You're right, it's time to accept it; but it is disappointing not to see the Jon, my fave character, and Jaime, a close second, not portrayed how they are in the books.

That look... :cheers:

The voice? I must have missed it too.

When I saw the look, I in interpreted it as LF comparing himself and Sansa to Rhaegar and Lyanna. He just kidnapped a Stark girl, and he could rape her, he very much wants her for sure, but he does not hurt her, not yet. He knows what is going on between him and Sansa is not what other people will expect or believe if they hear that he kidnapped Sansa. So he is thinking what Rhaegar would have done with Lyanna.

Edited by Hos the Hostage

If Meera knew, why would she withhold that information from Bran? She had plenty of time to relay it over the course of their journey. That would be bad writing on top of bad writing.

Yeah, that's a good point. So either Bloodraven or Bran sees it when he "flies".

On the subject of the Unsullied getting fucked up in tonight's episode ... spears aren't a great option in a narrow, tight hallway, especially when your armor is light and has quite a few exposed points. Plus the numbers were against them, and skill often won't amount to much against determined attackers who really want you dead.

On the subject of the Unsullied getting fucked up in tonight's episode ... spears aren't a great option in a narrow, tight hallway, especially when your armor is light and has quite a few exposed points. Plus the numbers were against them, and skill often won't amount to much against determined attackers who really want you dead.

I don't know if they were aiming for a realistic portrayal of that type of combat, but yeah, that's true. Spears and shield walls work great in fixed formation on a battlefield. They suck royally when the opponent can attack from multiple angles, in close quarters and especially when the spear man can be isolated and attacked individually.

Guys It was an ambush, and knives in close corridors are extremely lethal. It proved show Daarios point earlier this season the Unsullied are nigh invincible as a unit, however, in individual hand to hand combat is average at best. Also, The Harpies need to bee somewhat of a physical threat towards Danny. Anyways on to the Faith Militant.

I understand the changes they had to make. Mostly because of the lack of the Kettleback brothers they really have to tip toe around the plot, and so far suprisingly it's pretty solid. I liked the engraving scene with Lancel. It showed a breif glimpse at how poteintally crazy the Sparrows are. I also liked the touch of the small folk calling Tommen an abomination.

The Dornish storyline so far is meh. Nothing more, and nothing less.

The Wall scenes are superb, and the Winterfell scenes are pretty solid.

So I thought Barristan was about to get his throat slit, but then Grey Worm kills the guy before it happens. So I'm wondering what the point of that was if he is just going to die anyway?

Maybe he can have a last conversation with Dany.