[Book Spoilers] EP504 Discussion

Ran

Also, Littlefinger knows that the R/L rape story is bullshit but doesn't know anything about Ramsay being a fucking Flaying fanatic (RB=3F)? Sansa is gonna learn a horrible truth about her supposed bff.

LF now known as GOD.

He must know EVERYTHING!

All hail GOD LF!

While Mel is on Jon's lap a voice yells out your grace but no one is talking, the very next scene we are in the crypts talking about lyanna and Rhaegar

Not sure if it's related. May have been a worker outside talking about or to King Stanis.

So with Barry dead in the show, does this pretty much confirm he dies at the Battle Of Meereen in tWOW?

I wouldn't say so - no more than Grenn's death confirms his imminent demise in the books. As much as I like Barristan, his role - and any important future he may have in the books - can be fairly easily replaced by other advisor characters.

Honestly if i was barristan's actor and i read the books and had to play out a premature death scene i'd be pretty pissed about it too. Especially since they bothered to bring him back in the first place.

I don't believe Barry's actor would have reacted badly to it though. he is a professional.

This is the first time a 'major' character introduced from the prose story has been eliminated.

Curious about Grey Worm now.

From the leaked chapters of Winds of Winter we know Selmy and Grey Worm still have important roles to play , for a while at least.

So this is kind of a anti-spoiler , we won't really know what happens to them till Winds comes out.

So far in book 6 from the excepts Selmy is directing the battle to break the siege of Meereen. Grey Worm is leading an arm of the army. So both appear to play a roll in the start of Winds not clear they will be killed in the battle.

Honestly if i was barristan's actor and i read the books and had to play out a premature death scene i'd be pretty pissed about it too. Especially since they bothered to bring him back in the first place.

I don't believe Barry's actor would have reacted badly to it though. he is a professional.

Apparently Ian McElhinney didn't :

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/01/ser-barristan-dead-thrones

So we still don't know the actor who squawked.

I was disappointed in how easy the Unsullied were to kill. The Unsullied are supposed to be legendary badasses.

They're legendary soldiers, not badasses. If I remember the books correctly, they even emphasised that the Unsullied are relatively useless in small groups or as guards, as they win large battles with their unbreaking discipline, not with individual strength. Dany even had the Brazen Beasts set up in the books because the Unsullied weren't effective enough as a police force.

Who was the talking KG ? Jaime, Trant and an unnamed KG who left with Myrcella (as seen in S2 boat scene) are not in KG, and we have 5 KG with Tommen ?

Clearly Myrcella's KG either died and got replaced or walked back to KL at some point. He sure ain't in Dorne.

What if Myranda threatens Sansa and Ramsay does Ramsay things while he's trying to prove how "sweet" he is to Sansa and she finds out his nature. Theon tells her what he is. Plot to escape forms?

Just spit balling.

I like this spit ball.

I'm wondering if Sam takes Shireen with him to save her from the flames? Is Sam ever going to leave the Wall?

I hadn't thought of that but I really like the idea. I fear that Sam will not leave the Wall because of time and budget constraints but Jon will definitely need a new maester so it's very possible. Especially since Gilly can't remain at the Wall for ever with that baby. Eventually she'll need to leave so they may indeed have Sam take her and Shireen away on his way to Oldtown. I also like the speculation that Selyse tries to burn Shireen but she's saved by Gilly and someone knocks Selyse to the ground, giving us the scene we saw in the previews.

I did notice he gave Sansa the same advice he gives her in the leaked chapter about making Harry the Heir hers. If they try to combine Harry with Ramsay I may be ill.

Of course they're combining HtH with Ramsey. She will charm him but he'll have a bite that Harry will never have in the books. I doubt he'll actually hurt her though.

he says he's only fighting for the Iron Throne so Shireen can have it.

Beneath Stannis's stubbornness is a loving/caring man who the majority of readers fail to ever see.

That's complete BS. He's only fighting for the Throne for himself and only if that fails, his daughter. The text shows he is not a loving, caring man but that he is also not a monster. We do not see any emotion from him other than rage and passion and both are connected to what is "his by right". He's not warm or loving at all which is the problem. He does grieve over Renly but that does seem to be heavily tinged with guilt since he's figured out that something was not right about that death and his red witch and he are connected to it.

It seems they're trying to create a true "queen's season," and maybe got a little sloppy using stupid Mace, irresponsible Loras, and pussy Tommen, against Margery (I have to contact grandmother) and Cyrsei. It's supposed to show the power of women this season, but Mace is just seriously Disney dumb this episode. Even the 'stache. ridiculous!

"Disney dumb" - love it

Omg, I can't believe that the Sons of the Harpy, who are average fighters and fighting with short daggers managed to kill Barristan Selmy, who is one of the best swordsmen ever seen in Westeros. If only Barristan had armor on himself, he would still live.

Simply, horrible......

He's an old man, and he still managed to take out a bunch of them. Even Arthur Dayne didn't survive such odds.

At this point the show is ruined.I like the part with Jaime and Bronn,but there will be no Blackfish :( .Their storyline is excellent so far.

Where is Aegon ,Jon Connington ....

Where is Arianne ,she is much better than that Elaria

Barristan killed by this lames with daggers!!??In the blok defeated Mero with the STICK,defeated Khraz , with Jorah he conquered Yunkai.One of the most epic characters treated like that by directors ! It has no point.What they do?More Grey Worm ,Sansa.

Madness!Madness and stupidity!

Ah, the Unsullied. Discipline and formation. Formation and discipline. That's what they're famous for. Scratch famous, legendary. So what happens when a handful of them get ambushed in a narrow alley? Equipped with their standard issue shields and spears? That's right, a bunch of uncoordinated individual fights at shortest possible distance. What the Unsullied were good at, again?...

The Sand Snakes. Oh my, what a sad bunch of cartoon, one-dimensional, unlikeable, unrelatable villains. Comparing them to the originals put aside (I, for one, am no book purist and I don't automatically loathe any change), they're simply shitty characters on their own.

Melisandre begins to look like a ripoff of Areola, the foreign exchange student from "Not Another Teen Movie" (NSFW). Like, seriously, I almost expected to hear "My breasts are perky, yes?". Or maybe that's what Melisandre has always been? Dunno. Anyway, Areola was an OK minor character in a comedy, but not sure if she works in a drama.

But I liked that the show makers keep working at humanizing Stannis, because maybe that means they'll kill him off soon? Throw us a bone, before GRRM kills him off in Book 6? A boy can dream...

So much forshadowing in Stannis storyline....Brienne on her way towards him (Winterfell), talking about avenging Renly, now that scene with his daughter to make him more likeable to the show audience, LF talking about him being a safe bet with superior army and being the best commander.

This doesnt look good for him, the bookmakers also have him first to die next as one of the major characters. The question only is how, will it be by Brienne or does he die against the Boltons?

So much forshadowing in Stannis storyline....Brienne on her way towards him (Winterfell), talking about avenging Renly, now that scene with his daughter to make him more likeable to the show audience, LF talking about him being a safe bet with superior army and being the best commander.

This doesnt look good for him, the bookmakers also have him first to die next as one of the major characters. The question only is how, will it be by Brienne or does he die against the Boltons?

Sadly, its pretty obvious what's coming. Brienne is going to kill Stannis, which obviously, is rather bad for Stannis, but its also going to completely blow up LF's plans to use Stannis to liberate and install Sansa there. Poor Sansa may end up stuck with Ramsay for a while.