[Book Spoilers] EP504 Discussion

Ran

Oh that would be interesting, very interesting. And for all her snobbery, Selyse is the one likely to harm Shireen and Gilly is more likely to save her.

Though what they do with Shireen after leaving the Wall is another problem. Sending away the lawful heir to the throne is much dangerous than sending away Mance Rayder's son.

I think Aemon will die before Sam's trip (if there is a trip). Because in the trailer, we can see two scenes of funeral pyres at the Wall, and one was clearly a man being burnt at stake (Mance), the other showed a man lying on a pyre. I'm guessing it will be Aemon. If I'm right, Aemon will die at the Wall. Most probably 'Kill the boy' is his last words.

I think that if they use Shireen in Dalla's baby's place, Sam and Gilly will likely smuggle her out of Castle Black. Sam knows his wayaround the place and very few people actually make their way into Shireen's presence, so it's conceivable that they use a "stand in" to pretend to be a sleeping Shireen. (Olly?)

I'm still on the fence about Selyse though. They've been using some serious foreshadowing with her ("You don't know what people are capable of...") and we know she's a cold fish with little affection for her daughter, but she didn't even want to bring Shireen with them. It was Red Mel who insisted that the Princess come along.

Hoping to see Barristan go out like Yoda in Return of the Jedi - just a long winded speech about staying strong, then right before he dies "There is another Targaryen...." or "The Dragon has three heads.." You might ask how the hell he'd know that, but screw it, it's the show!

Think Barry is already dead. in the preview we see him lying in state. Do not think they are going to have him in two scenes. Think the tear jerker seen will be the sexless sex scene between the unsullied and the 10 year old/ translater. They are going to waste valuable time on crying over the the show invented relationship.

Plus exactly what new info would Barry give Danny that he should not already of given her? They needed to clear some spots in the small council so Tyrian, Jorah can have something to do.

Think Barry is already dead. in the preview we see him lying in state. Do not think they are going to have him in two scenes. Think the tear jerker seen will be the sexless sex scene between the unsullied and the 10 year old/ translater. They are going to waste valuable time on crying over the the show invented relationship.

Plus exactly what new info would Barry give Danny that he should not already of given her? They needed to clear some spots in the small council so Tyrian, Jorah can have something to do.

It's already been confirmed by the actor and EW, he is gone. The interview came out the next morning after the episode. They had a going away party and everything for him, and he cried a little. I expect Dany to be killed next and for Meereen to become the Grey Worm Missy arc, the search for a penis.

It's already been confirmed by the actor and EW, he is gone. The interview came out the next morning after the episode. They had a going away party and everything for him, and he cried a little. I expect Dany to be killed next and for Meereen to become the Grey Worm Missy arc, the search for a penis.

Interesting (confirming he is dead I mean :p ). I assumed they had GW spare him his throat being slashed so he could have a farewell scene with Dany. Did he specifically rule out being alive briefly in the next episode?

Hoping to see Barristan go out like Yoda in Return of the Jedi - just a long winded speech about staying strong, then right before he dies "There is another Targaryen...." or "The Dragon has three heads.." You might ask how the hell he'd know that, but screw it, it's the show!

Oh, the fun things he could say. Daenerys and viewers alike would take it damn seriously, no matter what...

"Beware the three-legged desk!"

"I was never in the Kingsguard... I just made all that up."

"Clear my browser history!"

"I know who the Harpy is!" *chuckles, then dies*

"Rhaegar... he was kinda into dudes."

"I know you paid nothing for these Unsullied... but you were still ripped off."

Now, how to make a thread on this without being spoilery in the title?

Oh, the fun things he could say. Daenerys and viewers alike would take it damn seriously, no matter what...

"Beware the three-legged desk!"

"I was never in the Kingsguard... I just made all that up."

"Clear my browser history!"

"I know who the Harpy is!" *chuckles, then dies*

"Rhaegar... he was kinda into dudes."

"I know you paid nothing for these Unsullied... but you were still ripped off."

Now, how to make a thread on this without being spoilery in the title?

"Get your ass to Westeros, already"

"Get your ass to Westeros, already"

If I were Selmy, that's the ONLY thing I'd say to her before I croaked. In fact, that's the only thing I would have EVER told her.

Dany: Ser Barristan, I'm torn on what to do about Jorah.

Selmy: Fuck Jorah, go to Westeros.

--

Dany: Ser Barristan, what should I say to this freed slave who wants to be a slave again?

Selmy: Tell him that you don't give a crap because you are going to Westeros.

--

Dany: Ser Barristan, I'm not sure what dress I should wear...

Selmy: No one cares, just go to Westeros already.

Edited by sj4iy

Interesting (confirming he is dead I mean :p ). I assumed they had GW spare him his throat being slashed so he could have a farewell scene with Dany. Did he specifically rule out being alive briefly in the next episode?

No, the last scene he shot was talking to Dany before he went on his walk. But he may have shot his death scene prior to that. If he has a death scene, he will probably say something to her. Or he may just lay on a table like Tywin.

If I were Selmy, that's the ONLY thing I'd say to her before I croaked. In fact, that's the only thing I would have EVER told her.

Dany: Ser Barristan, I'm torn on what to do about Jorah.

Selmy: Fuck Jorah, go to Westeros.

--

Dany: Ser Barristan, what should I say to this freed slave who wants to be a slave again?

Selmy: Tell him that you don't give a crap because you are going to Westeros.

--

Dany: Ser Barristan, I'm not sure what dress I should wear...

Selmy: No one cares, just go to Westeros already.

:cheers:

So… They killed SB and kept… Daario? Bleergh. Maybe I should bring down my rating. Oh well, there's always next week.

Did they ever explain Ellaria's change of heart concerning the futility of revenge and all that? And do we even need the SS?

So… They killed SB and kept… Daario? Bleergh. Maybe I should bring down my rating. Oh well, there's always next week.

Did they ever explain Ellaria's change of heart concerning the futility of revenge and all that? And do we even need the SS?

t's not a cjange of heart to those who have not read the books. Sure her book reaction is reasonable but so is the show reaction, depending on how wise she is supposed to be.

The Sand snakes should have been filmed at that beautiful palace that is the scene of Sunspear. That lean two tent on the beach looked lame.

Yia about the only thing we get from the setting is that there is a lot of sand in Dorne. Of course the Palace is not supposed to be in SunSpear its the Water Gardens which is a ways outside of the city of Sunspear. There are plenty of Moorish cites in and around the area of Spain where the Alcazar Palace is located so its not like they would have had to travel far to get a good visual setting that added more then a bit of sand. All in all the setting was as bad as the dialogue and the acting. A waste of time.

Edited by Cubarey