How would you rate episode 504?

Ran

How would you rate episode 504?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it an 8, best of the season so far for me for a few reasons:

I loved Littlefinger talking about the tourney, I know lots of people hate exposition but I'd like more of it.

Barristan was a boss, as soon as Dany told him to go and sing a song for her I was worried for him given the title of the episode, but assuming he's down at least he looked awesome doing it.

I think although the Faith Militant scenes were a little clunky they are setting things up well and showing how Cerci isn't as smart as she thinks she is and how weak Tommin is.

The scenes at the wall were well executed and I liked the dialogue involving and about Jon.

The things I didn't like:

Sand Snakes seem disappointing and I don't particularly like where the show's gone with this... I prefer Arianne's book plan and that plot, but I guess we're only a few scenes into Dorne so will give them more of a chance.

The Unsullied should have been better than they were in the situations presented to them. In Grey Worm's fight they weren't that significantly outnumbered and are supposed to be the best trained fighters on the show.

I can only assume Stannis will be killing his daughter sometime in the near future for Melisandra's god.

Which completely contradicts what the scene in the episode laid out.

Stannis would not kill his only daughter and heir to win the throne. That's essentially where he draws the line. His wife would, but he would not.

I'll give it a 6, and I'm not a D&D hater. lol

Some adaptations they've made were really lame. For example, the Melisandre x Jon was unnecessary, even in the context of the search for royal blood and shadowbabies makers. Ok, Jon still loves Ygritte and he can't resist the damn tits. Oh, forget the tits, he has his vows too. Seriously, why not use some scenes from the books to show this interactions (Ghost said hellow)? You know, we have a lot of them in adwd, but it seems like they don't want to bring the original material to the screen. Moreover, why we need to have sex appeal and death in every single episode? I'll sound a little crazy, I know, but I think it's possible to write/produce a good tv show only with good plots. In my opinion, the tits must be a bonus and not a supporting character.

Talking about Barristan, he was not my favorite character, far from it), but I can understand why some people are so upset about his death. I'm not sure, but I think Barry died to keep the show's reputation (valar morghulis). If I'm right, that was bad decision.

Cersei was ok, but the FM problem with gays is nonsense. The smiles of madness on the militant's face was horrible too.

Well, Shireen and Stannis saved this one. :P

They are religious extremists, but they they only exist because of the rich/poor divide.

Their over the top preachings/actions/reactions are provocated from the violence and poverty suffered by the poor during the war.

That''s sorta low

Yeah, but these ratings should be taken with a grain of salt. They are in no way unbiased or reflect the opinion of the general audience.

Yeah, but these ratings should be taken with a grain of salt. They are in no way unbiased or reflect the opinion of the general audience.

Please explain the meaning of this statement. What is the bias and how does it effect the poll?

Blech. There's a base level of good based on the backstory, show history and money/quality of visuals... but this season is disappointing on the whole and overall weak, dredging bottom.

A lot of things just aren't hitting home for me right now and it all adds up. As an example the sand snakes felt rather theatrical as opposed to real and the mommy factor there detracted dramatically. They came across as caricatures... with weird monologues... like kids trying so hard to act cool that it was obvious.

6/10

Edited by Ser Not Appearing

Talking Hodor,

The preview for the next episode, already up at HBO.com, sheds some light into what you are saying.

Poor Barristan is dead

Unless he's lying on a table getting his wounds treated, or it's someone else. The one-second scene wasn't very detailed or informative. Plus it makes little sense for HBO to spoiler Barristan's status like that.

Which completely contradicts what the scene in the episode laid out.

Stannis would not kill his only daughter and heir to win the throne. That's essentially where he draws the line. His wife would, but he would not.

And he's certainly not taking them to Winterfell, so unless Jon sends Shireen with Sam to replace the apparently non-existent Mance-baby, Selyse might just burn her daughter at the stake without Stannis' permission.

A lot of people are angry about the Melisandre-Jon scene. However I think it's a pretty strong hint that Melisandre can sniff king's blood in Jon, which means her bewbs were a huge, ah, reveal, as it were. Or she's just got a hankering for a sweet Snow cone. I guess cold and ice make red priests and priestesses randy.

I know, if we could include the general audience it would probably rate greater than 8. I was a bit surprised actually, considering that we got the R+L=J hints in this episode, I thought the board would rate it somewhat higher.

Dorne is still dull and boring. dgaf about jaime and bronn.

The Shireen / Stannis scene was incredible and amazing and one of the best parts of this show. Kerry Ingram's smile melted my heart.

King's Landing stuff was pretty good, yet the Margaery / Tommen lagged. I enjoyed the small council. Aww, Mace.

Meereen was pretty good. Pissed off about Barristan and Grey Worm.

I can't even remember the Tyrion / Jorah stuff.

The Winterfell Crypt scene was gross. Who makes out in a crypt, that's like making out in a cemetery you just don't do it. I loved Sansa's 'then he raped her' line about her aunt who was underaged. Of course child sex trafficker Petyr Baelish gave her a look of 'oh you are wrong'. Of course.

I gave it a 7. Wished it had Arya in it.