How would you rate episode 504?

Ran

How would you rate episode 504?  

499 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

After the first viewing I would have given it a 3. I saw it again yesterday with friends and now would give it a 7. Glad I waited.

Strong points: Stannis and Shireen, Jaime saying Tarth, finally we see the poisonous nature Cersei hides behind her love of her children. Tired of that whitewashing. The Sparrows were terrifying.

Sansa at Winterfell? That whole plot line makes me cringe. Mereen is even more unsettling. Goodbye Barristan. Sheds tears.

I gave it an 1/10 despite the good Stannis scenes.

- absolute cringe inducing introduction of the Sand Snakes with pointless monologue to people who know the upbringing anyways

- buddy comedy between Jamie/Bronn on a senseless quest

- braindead LF plan giving away his trump card for fuck knows why. When he knows Stannis will win why not give her to Stannis or wait the until the ending of the fight. Why hand her over to a psychopath, whom he has apparently no knowlegde of? A guy who strolls through towns flaying people, yet it didn't even once come to his ears? COME ON!

and here -500 points: The absolutely disgusting jobbing of the Unsullied and Selmy.

I wish I could somehow ignore everyone who tried to defend that scene automatically so that I have never ever have to read anything what comes out of such a mind.

The commander of 8000 Soldiers patrolling the streets.

The head advisor/guard to the Queen strolling through the streets after prior attacks in a leather garb

Getting "ambushed" and surrounded with ABSOLUTELY OVERWHELMING ODDS (like 2:1 in the beginning) and falling like flies to ninjas with unwavering stand even though their friends get killed next to them (formerly known as slave masters who never had to lift a finger)

Yes the fight was absolut realistic: daggers in a super narrow hallway ( only like 5 metres wide) ambushing speers in armor (but still standing more than a speer length away from each other). Couch potates vs. Soldiers who trained their whole life. Yet the couch potates show better morale than the soldiers. They fight to the last man and are nimble as fuck. The Unsullied forget everything about formation and fight each for themselves.

And instead of getting reinforcements the most renown knight in the seven kingdoms fights against an unknown number of enemies without any armor for the heck of it.

After the first viewing I would have given it a 3. I saw it again yesterday with friends and now would give it a 7. Glad I waited.

Strong points: Stannis and Shireen, Jaime saying Tarth, finally we see the poisonous nature Cersei hides behind her love of her children. Tired of that whitewashing. The Sparrows were terrifying.

Sansa at Winterfell? That whole plot line makes me cringe. Mereen is even more unsettling. Goodbye Barristan. Sheds tears.

I'm warming up to Sansa at Winterfell, if they take the story in the direction of vengeance, which seems likely given Littlefinger's advice to her. I do not want to see Sansa get the Jeyne Poole treatment. But if Sansa organizes her own red wedding or Frey pies, that can be pretty cool! I'd like to see Dark Sansa go all the way.

I gave it an 1/10 despite the good Stannis scenes.

- absolute cringe inducing introduction of the Sand Snakes with pointless monologue to people who know the upbringing anyways

- buddy comedy between Jamie/Bronn on a senseless quest

- braindead LF plan giving away his trump card for fuck knows why. When he knows Stannis will win why not give her to Stannis or wait the until the ending of the fight. Why hand her over to a psychopath, whom he has apparently no knowlegde of? A guy who strolls through towns flaying people, yet it didn't even once come to his ears? COME ON!

and here -500 points: The absolutely disgusting jobbing of the Unsullied and Selmy.

I wish I could somehow ignore everyone who tried to defend that scene automatically so that I have never ever have to read anything what comes out of such a mind.

The commander of 8000 Soldiers patrolling the streets.

The head advisor/guard to the Queen strolling through the streets after prior attacks in a leather garb

Getting "ambushed" and surrounded with ABSOLUTELY OVERWHELMING ODDS (like 2:1 in the beginning) and falling like flies to ninjas with unwavering stand even though their friends get killed next to them (formerly known as slave masters who never had to lift a finger)

Yes the fight was absolut realistic: daggers in a super narrow hallway ( only like 5 metres wide) ambushing speers in armor (but still standing more than a speer length away from each other). Couch potates vs. Soldiers who trained their whole life. Yet the couch potates show better morale than the soldiers. They fight to the last man and are nimble as fuck. The Unsullied forget everything about formation and fight each for themselves.

And instead of getting reinforcements the most renown knight in the seven kingdoms fights against an unknown number of enemies without any armor for the heck of it.

It's details like this that are adding up for me as well, though I don't think any episode of this show can get near a 1.

I gave it a 6.

D&D are setting the stage for the R+L=J reveal, and the introduction of Rhaegar to the Unsullied seems rather clumsy. I mean, Littlefinger?? Hopefully the failure to cut Barry's throat results in a little more info before he dies. I doubt they will reveal before S6, so for the love of God GRRM get Winds out before next April!

And their are really no words for how ridiculous the Dorne storyline has become.

And he's certainly not taking them to Winterfell, so unless Jon sends Shireen with Sam to replace the apparently non-existent Mance-baby, Selyse might just burn her daughter at the stake without Stannis' permission.

That's my thinking, as well.

Gave it a 5, which matches my lowest ratings I think.

The usual current mix of the good and the bad, with some of the bad being extremely bad.

I keep trying to switch my brain off to enjoy it more, but I can't quite do it. I suspect Sansa's character arc has been ruined, as has Jaime's. I'm withholding judgement on certain things until I've seen where they go in this season, but I have very little hope for Dorne, as there was a reason the Sand Snakes were only side-characters in the books so to have them be a focal point meant they should have changed those characters or developed them to be more interesting. Meereen is okay overall so far but there are many highly unclear elements to it. KL is the biggest mixture of the good and the bad. The faith militant portrayal has gone too far, too quickly and seems at odds with the portrayal of the High Sparrow. It needed more development to get where it is. The change to the Cersei/Margaery/Tommen dynamics was needed due to the ageing up of Tommen, but while it's quite interesting it has problems created by the changes that haven't been addressed.

I gave it a 4, because it was dreadful. So many unbelievable scenes, and yet more pointless deaths of characters.

I'm fed up with watching this, and I've decided to switch off. I'll carry on reading here so I can find out what happens without having to sit through it.

So sad that such a great show had to take a quality nosedive like this. I'm so disappointed.

5/10.

Worse episode in the entire GoT series in my opinion. The writing just feels so poor and rushed this series now they have less of George's stuff to fall back on. Where the hell did that gay bashing come from and why do the Faith Militant come across as Nazi Stormtroopers?

Edited by tokyochojin

5/10.

Worse episode in the entire GoT series in my opinion. The writing just feels so poor and rushed this series now they have less of George's stuff to fall back on. Where the hell did that gay bashing come from and why do the Faith Militant come across as Nazi Stormtroopers?

They basically are Nazi Stormyroopers

And their are really no words for how ridiculous the Dorne storyline has become.

:rofl:

That the Faith Miltant would be homophobes is part and parcel of them being obviously modelled on Savonarola and his adherents, who were also Nasty Stormyropers. But I'm personally not sure I like the direction they're taking Loras' story in.

But I'm personally not sure I like the direction they're taking Loras' story in.

What story? Loras is merely a dude who likes dudes in the show, and nothing more.

What story? Loras is merely a dude who likes dudes in the show, and nothing more.

Funny enough, some D&D shill last week was defending Loras' characterization because they included "his badass fighting skills". Well, he forgot to bring them from season 2, because he went with the Faith Talibans like a sheep instead of "fighting like a badass", as his book character would've done.

I gave it a 3. 1 for production values, 1 for Stannis-Shereen, 1 for Larry Lannister stopping a sword with his golden hand.

Funny enough, some D&D shill last week was defending Loras' characterization because they included "his badass fighting skills". Well, he forgot to bring them from season 2, because he went with the Faith Talibans like a sheep instead of "fighting like a badass", as his book character would've done.

I gave it a 3. 1 for production values, 1 for Stannis-Shereen, 1 for Larry Lannister stopping a sword with his golden hand.

I have one freind who watches, whio dose not read the books. I made the point to him about Lras being a good fighter but he thinks Loras is good because he has the best armor, weapons and horses, that he is good because he is privledged. That he is basicly sitting back and living this decadent lifestyle at court while Westeros is burning. His thinking is that the Lannisters are letting their troops run wild in the RIverlands in order to pay them and that if the Tyrells were as righteous as they pretend to be they would try to put a stop to it. So he basicly sees Loras as an empty suit of armor and this epsiode sort of confirmed this in his mind.

The Sand Snake scene was pretty terrible. Littlefinger's logic for bringing Sansa to the Boltons and leaving her there is inexplicable.

I gave the episode a 10/10.

It doesn't matter that those two things were true. Awesome Stannishug. Fantastic fight sequence and a fitting end for Barristan (who was clearly not going to get his Dance storyline). Tons of R+L=J.

Much like last weeks, I thoroughly enjoyed it despite some obvious flaws. So what? Tons of fun.