[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Overall, this was just meh for me. I did put some isolated scenes in the positive nitpicking thread, but even those were more stand alone that didn't make much sense in context.

Dorne...only thing I liked was the fight in sand dunes, but plotwise it doesn't make sense that Jaime and Bronn are even there. It actually managed to get my vote this week for most off the rails plot line, which says a lot since Sansa normally gets that vote from me.

The Winterfell Crypts scene was meh too, so now we get LF to spill the R+L=J beans? Well...it's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it.

Jon and Mel w...t...f! The bewbie quota strikes again.

Melisandre. What are they doing??? Seriously, what are they fucking doing??? There is nothing in the book about Mel seducing Jon, and it completely misses the point of both that relationship, and more to the point what Mel actually wants. There were a couple of messy plot-points in this episode, but this was by far the worst.

My initial thoughts: http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/118081143015/got-5x04-musings

Poor Carol...I wonder if she had a low grade fever this episode? She went from her normal brilliant political maneuvering so to randomly arming The Faith just to get Loras and then encouraging Tommen to hop around the streets. I'm worried about her.

I'll say more later, but:

Favorite scene: Unsullied getting their asses kicked by untrained, unarmored civilians with kitchen knives. Interesting choice, seeing as four knights vs 15 unarmored, untrained civilians with knives and clubs was viewed as a slaughter in favor of the knights. Yeah, fuck those illogical overrated shits. One of the only sane things in this season.

Also, Jorah punching Tyrion.

Least favorite scene: Mel getting naked and trying to seduce Jon. Incredibly undignified and eye-roll worthy. Also, the Sand Snake scene was just pathetic.

Well, I think my transformation into a full blown book snob is almost complete

That was...underwhelming

But the Sand Snakes take the fucking cake. Holy Whale Riders, was that monologue bad!

Everyone complaining about Obara's monologue has forgotten that it came DIRECTLY from the books. Get your facts straight people.

My initial thoughts: http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/118081143015/got-5x04-musings

Poor Carol...I wonder if she had a low grade fever this episode? She went from her normal brilliant political maneuvering so to randomly arming The Faith just to get Loras and then encouraging Tommen to hop around the streets. I'm worried about her.

Your commentary is a balm on my soul.

Everyone complaining about Obara's monologue has forgotten that it came DIRECTLY from the books. Get your facts straight people.

Yes it did. And it was shit in the books too. There was no need to adapt that drivel.

Another thing that bugged me: I hated that it was Cersei's decision to arm the Faith Millitant, rather than something that came as part and parcel of a deal. The move looks completely illogical, rather than a false step she made in her haste to get the High Sparrow onside. More unnecessary plot simplification.

Yes it did. And it was shit in the books too. There was no need to adapt that drivel.

Well, that was far from good in the books and the actress who performed the speech delivered it painfully. It was hard to watch her almost smiling face and she throwing that spear.

And it was just Mel's boobs filling the screen a la male gaze. Didn't even need a person attached to them.

BOOBS, JON! BOOBS!!!

Nice to see Benioff and Weiss haven't lost their touch.

Yes, I very much agree. Maybe I'm too lazy to put in the mental energy to figure out where they're going with this, but it just seemed like an excuse to show bewbs! And of course, we got a brothel scene with naked ladies when the Faith went on their rampage.

So, yeah, it looks like Stannis and Melisandre will leave the Wall without ever preparing for or mentioning the Others.

The who? They're wandering around the Riverlands, I think.

Archived