[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Sansa, after Stannis' victory: Look, your Grace, I f***ed them all to death!

This would be right up D&D's alley, after all, they did bring us the Craster'sKeepRapingFookFest, along with dialogue indicating there is something to be said for fucking them all until they're dead. :ack:

I really can't believe this is where we may be at..............waiting for this type of story and episode, how the hell did it get THIS BAD?

Also, with regard to the defense that the show characters will end up in the same state: I'd analogize that claim to something akin to an optimal control problem. For instance, Jon Snow's transversality condition might be to end up as king. But, what is the optimal path of him getting there: Is it GRRM's version or is it D & D's version?

If the show had an understanding of the characters themselves, then the plot changes would matter less. But, look at Jamie Lannister. WTF happened to him and his journey? He's gone all the way back to his season 1 self, mooning over his sister and wanting to die with her, going on a stupid suicide mission to prove his love. Um, what? Huh? That's not a plot change it's a 180 from where he should be.

Or, just as another example, take Teenage Tommen. I have nothing against him, but since Joff was also a teenager and this kid looks only slightly younger and is old enough to get married the plot of Cersei running the kingdom into the ground no longer makes sense....because her son should be running things...he's old enough in the show....

Oh well. It's better than nothing I suppose.

Isn't Cogman responsible for the abomination that was Craster's Keep?

Just checked IMDb. The ep where they set out is called Oathkeeper and was written by Cogman. But I can't remember if they set out and arrive n the same ep, do you?

The next ep after Oathkeeper was written by the usurpers.

I have a serious question for all those who hate the show - why do you keep watching?

If you genuinely believe the books are better, why not just avoid the show entirely until the books are finished and then view it as some kind of inferior curio after the fact. Why endure something that brings you displeasure?

This would be right up D&D's alley, after all, they did bring us the Craster'sKeepRapingFookFest, along with dialogue indicating there is something to be said for fucking them all until they're dead. :ack:

I really can't believe this is where we may be at..............waiting for this type of story and episode, how the hell did it get THIS BAD?

The thing about this situation is that I won't even call Sansa "Darth Sansa" anymore because I don't recall Darth Vader fucking half of the galaxy in order to become "empowered".

I have a serious question for all those who hate the show - why do you keep watching?

If you genuinely believe the books are better, why not just avoid the show entirely until the books are finished and then view it as some kind of inferior curio after the fact. Why endure something that brings you displeasure?

Didn't you ask this already?

I love to hate it. It gives me great pleasure to watch it and identify the gaping plot holes, inconsistent characterization and increasingly even bad props and staging.

I would, if I thought I could get away with not hearing anything at all about the show. Unfortunately, that is completely unrealistic unless I find a deserted island somewhere with no internet. So I'd rather watch it firsthand than just hearing/reading about all the idiotic nonsense that is spewed through the telly every Sunday night.

I don't *hate* the show but it just doesn't do much for me besides a couple of scenes in each episode. i keep watching it because i'm too invested in certain characters (mainly arya, cersei, dany) and will take any kind of material involved with them even if its watered down from ASOIAF.

i mean i already see the show as just side filler/fanfic but its just a little grating when the writing makes no sense even with the show as its own entity. and a lot of the writing this scene is bordering more on fanfiction.net quality than AO3

I love to hate it. It gives me great pleasure to watch it and identify the gaping plot holes, inconsistent characterization and increasingly even bad props and staging.

Not sure I asked it, perhaps I did. Memory is bad :D

Kind of sad to watch something purely for the purpose of identifying issues with it. Like pointing at a retarded person and laughing, or something?

I can't answer for others, but in my case it isn't so much a case of hate as it is increasing disappointment. I keep watching because I have a small hope that things will improve. If they don't, then I might very well stop watching, which from my point of view is a shame because GOT is about the only TV show I've watched in years. It had such great potential.

But, I'll admit, I got super spoiled by the books.

Only about 2 or 100 times, I'm sure.

@unmester: I probably kept watching the show for the same reasons that you keep coming back to this thread.

I am inclined not to watch after ep5. We'll see how it works out. And so my (last) watch begins...

Btw I don't hate it, there's just too much I don't like anymore or find stupid, and logic... and characters... And btw, I don't think the books are better, I can't tell as I haven't read them.

@unmester: I probably kept watching the show for the same reasons that you keep coming back to this thread.

In the misguided hope that you can somehow improve it?

Seems I might have more luck than you watching the show, you can't change jack about a season that has already finished filming :D

In the misguided hope that you can somehow improve it?

Seems I might have more luck than you watching the show, you can't change jack about a season that has already finished filming :D

Board wonkiness... I edited my previous post.

Yes, sort of! You can't change people's opinions, either, no matter how often and desperately you try.

Or, just as another example, take Teenage Tommen. I have nothing against him, but since Joff was also a teenager and this kid looks only slightly younger and is old enough to get married the plot of Cersei running the kingdom into the ground no longer makes sense....because her son should be running things...he's old enough in the show....

I was hoping someone could explain to me what exactly the power dynamic actually is. Cersei arms the Faith Militant, but wouldn't that require a royal decree. In the books they can get Tommen to sign anything because he's 8, but isn't all the hell the FM are unleashing in the show 100% his fault?

Not sure I asked it, perhaps I did. Memory is bad :D

Kind of sad to watch something purely for the purpose of identifying issues with it. Like pointing at a retarded person and laughing, or something?

What's "sad" about it? It's fun. The show is getting stupid. It's too bad, but instead of watching it as an adaptation, I watch it mostly to make fun of it..because it's stupid now. I sometimes view photos of Kim Kardashian's giant behind and find those amusing too, or Lindsey Lohan's legal escapades. The world is full of diverting stupid and silly fluff that we can use to divert and entertain ourselves with.

GOT increasingly falls in that category.

Why do you care why anyone watches GOT?

I still think that it is incredibe that they admit to this perverted devergence from the books came to them when Sophie was a little 14 year old filming seaon 2. It is beyond sick what these guys are doing and they either are too stupid to admit how sexually obsessed they have been with her or they just do not care that they are admitting to thinking about this for that long.

Archived