[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Cheers, your Sanctimoniousness. :rolleyes:

Nice word use.

Maybe "Rant and Rave About the Show Without Repercussion"? Seeing as it never seems to fail that some defenders of the show end up here complaining about us and then claim that they're just ranting and raving and that the thread title isn't specific enough. Obviously they're being disingenuous, but it might mitigate one small annoyance.

You would have to be more specific - Rant and Rave about the show in a negative sense only, without repercussion, defense of, or positive views on the show allowed - something like that :D

Yea, kind of - no cure for boredom.

I see. When you do it, it's boredom; when we do it, it's because we're sad and petty. :laugh:

Dear me, I must thank you [again] for making me start laughing even before the episode starts.

Maybe "Rant and Rave About the Show Without Repercussion"? Seeing as it never seems to fail that some defenders of the show end up here complaining about us and then claim that they're just ranting and raving and that the thread title isn't specific enough. Obviously they're being disingenuous, but it might mitigate one small annoyance.

Hmm maybe the OP of the thread must include a sort of statement with some rules that will be copy/pasted to the new thread each week.

"Intro blah blah

Purpose of this thread bblah blah

What goes on in this thread

TROLL NOTICE blah blah

Rules blah blah

Thank you, bye "

My disappointment with the show has definitely built up over a couple of seasons and is about many levels... layers... too tired for English. I think it began during s3, but nothing big, really...

I don't remember the s4 episodes too clearly, but s5e4 was the worst one of the show for me.

And I totally reserve the right to change my mind and keep watching after this next ep. (It does have Olenna, after all. Yes, i like her...) :cheers:

A new take on the Death Star. The Sith lure everyone there, then fuck them to death.

Yeah. Sansa if she does this as a willing blushing bride. We need to give her a new name.

Sansa Starkbane ?

Lady Bolton ?

Sansa Turncloak ?

The Whore of Winterfell ? (Littlefinger did pimp her out, did he not?)

Hmm maybe the OP of the thread must include a sort of statement with some rules that will be copy/pasted to the new thread each week.

"Intro blah blah

TROLL NOTICE blah blah

Rules blah blah

Thank you, bye "

Sure, but those who want to will ontinue to ignore it.

Nice word use.

You would have to be more specific - Rant and Rave about the show in a negative sense only, without repercussion, defense of, or positive views on the show allowed - something like that :D

Wouldn't have been able to think of it without the inspiration you so generously provide.

Isn't Cogman responsible for the abomination that was Craster's Keep?

No he wrote the episode before that when they were first caught at Craster's Keep and you can hardly blame him for having to follow an outline.

But they also sometimes shift scenes around to different episodes, like I'd bet Hill did NOT write the Stannis and Shireen scene for Sons of the Harpy.

Just checked IMDb. The ep where they set out is called Oathkeeper and was written by Cogman. But I can't remember if they set out and arrive n the same ep, do you?

The next ep after Oathkeeper was written by the usurpers.

Yep Cogman wrote Oathkeeper where Pod says "Ser. My lady." to Brienne and with Ser Pounce and all the little details and language that just feels right, to me anyway. One of his early episodes (can't remember which one) I thought Martin had wrote it and I recall being surprised when I found out, so now I always look forward to his episodes.

Now things are so crazy I don't know what he could do to fix things but it surely won't be quite as jarring as this latest episode was for me... anyway I hope so.

I know , the Trolly McTrollingtons will keep coming but it will at least clear out some of the confusion from people who genuinely don't really know what happens in this thread.

I don't believe there is anyone who genuinely doesn't know what "rant and rave" without repercussion means.

First result in google:

rant and rave

1. shout and complain angrily and at length.

Rant and rave is a clear definition, there is nothing wrong with that - the thread title just needs to define exactly what direction the Rant and Rave is supposed to take. The bias should be clearly explained in the title.

Rant and Rave against the show, without any argument or discussion to the contrary - call the thread exactly what it is supposed to be.

Maybe we should go back to "Nitpick with impugnity" since some people apparently fail to comprehend the meaning of the idiom "rant and rave"

Yeah but...nitpick gives the impression that we nitpick through every little detail that is different in the show.

It gives ammunition to the show apologists to use against us.

Like "OMG those book purists are butthurt because the *insert any little tiny tiny detail they can come up with to undermine our opinion*"

It may have started as a nitpick but it progressed as serious ,huge issues started appearing on the show.

I think it would really benefit Sophie and Maisie to at least do college part time. They need to learn more about the world around them, diveristy and women's issues, and definitely a specific acting method. Since they are in an industry that exploits women all the time and are working with people who constantly do this (but they may not realize it because they have grown up with them) they would have more in depth understanding of what is actually happening to their characters. Especially for Sophie, I think if she understood how unempowering this storyline really is, instead of regurgitating what D and D say, I think she would play it differently or at least voice her concerns. Knowledge really is power and ignorance leads to this kind of regressive and sexist crap that shows very little respect for the actors, characters, and the source material.

I think it would really benefit Sophie and Maisie to at least do college part time. They need to learn more about the world around them, diveristy and women's issues, and definitely a specific acting method. Since they are in an industry that exploits women all the time and are working with people who constantly do this (but they may not realize it because they have grown up with them) they would have more in depth understanding of what is actually happening to their characters. Especially for Sophie, I think if she understood how unempowering this storyline really is, instead of regurgitating what D and D say, I think she would play it differently or at least voice her concerns. Knowledge really is power and ignorance leads to this kind of regressive and sexist crap that shows very little respect for the actors, characters, and the source material.

"Intro blah blah

TROLL NOTICE blah blah

Rules blah blah

Thank you, bye "

Sure, but those who want to will ontinue to ignore it.

Maybe we should go back to "Nitpick with impugnity" since some people apparently fail to comprehend the meaning of the idiom "rant and rave"

Really I think the best strategy is the old "do not engage." As gratifying as it might be to argue with people who come in and criticize us, it just fans the flames and gives them more incentive to continue. They want attention, and as long as we keep giving it to them, they'll keep coming back. If nobody responds to them, they'll get bored and go away. There will be individual posts, sure, but not a lot of these long thread derailing arguments that we see every so often.

Archived