[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

I can finally say it after holding it in for four weeks, LF's plan makes no freaking sense. If he wants Sansa to ally with whomever emerged victorious in the Stannis/Bolton battle of Winterfell, why wouldn't he stay in the Vale until the battle is over and give Sansa to the victor? Why would he put Sansa in danger in the middle of the battle beforehand? It's just idiotic.

I'd been holding it in for weeks too. And yes, super idiotic. Everyone who thought LF had some sort of master plan are gonna be so disappointed in their golden boy now

Also, I gotta say, I fucking HATED Cersei's reasoning for arming the Faith. It was just because Margaery was a big meanie! Women, amirite? Who understands them. One minute they're throwing shade over drinks, the other they're arming religious fanatics.

In the books getting back at Margaery was far from Cersei's mind when she reformed the Faith Militant. If I remember correctly, her motives for doing so were:

- To get the High Sparrow to anoint Tommen

- To get the Sparrows out of the city

- To get the HS to waive the Crown's debt to the Faith

- To gain propaganda against Stannis' red god

But no, for D&D it has to be ONLY to get revenge on Margaery because this show is now a telenovela

Littlefinger wants Stannis and Roose to batter each other and Lf with Vale troops led by Royce, sweep both army remnants away, then he is a hero and gets Sansa and Winterfell, ads to the Vale and there you go, new kingdom

The problem is that LF doesn't have to take Sansa to WF in order to accomplish this. He could just keep her safely tucked away in the Vale. Bringing her to WF only increases the odds of her being murdered or discovered by Cersei. It's piss poor reasoning. He had already informed Roose of his marriage proposal prior to his arrival. There's no reason for him to take her there.

The Sand Snake scene was just...bad. Why did they kill the informant? Obara's speech made sense when she made it in the book, here it sounded like random monologue. I am not usually critical of bad acting or of shows in general (I actually like the newer Star Wars trilogy and the newer Indiana Jones, and my friends hate me for it), but that scene was awful.

Loved the Stannis and Shireen scene. but what the hell, Melisandre? What the hell? At least Jon put her in her place.

And Barristan died. :crying:

Also, why are the sparrows just murderers now? In the books I liked them because even though they were a little fanatical, they were also giving food to the poor like the high sparrow was last episode. Now it is just "Religious fanatics hating gay people and anyone who has sex". Not quite as deep, and they better change that now.

Littlefinger wants Stannis and Roose to batter each other and Lf with Vale troops led by Royce, sweep both army remnants away, then he is a hero and gets Sansa and Winterfell, ads to the Vale and there you go, new kingdom

I'm just waiting for some of Ser Puddles' homies to make a mockingbird slush.

You don't think it had something to do with the fact that Doran would tuck Myrcella safely away to prevent her being taken by Jaime? They want to keep that info to themselves.

Gold buys a man silence for a time, a spear through his head buys it forever.

No. For all he knows, he has sold the info to the Martells. Why would he try to sell it again to Doran? That would be like a Russian spy selling secrets to the Assistant Director of the CIA and then trying to resell it to the Director of the CIA. An idea so stupid I can't believe I'm addressing it. Or do you think the captain is somehow aware of the obscure internecine quarrels of the Martell family?

Not to mention they tortured him first, which was completely unnecessary. No one will ever sell you any information if it gets out that you are a totally unpredictable psychopath. D&D were clearly trying to show how "badass" the Sand Snakes are and accidentally committed character assassination.

I still refuse to believe Barristan is dead. I'm just going to remain in denial on that one.

By far the biggest insult was seeing "Dorne" appear in the credits as if it were a city.

I've taken to just completely ignoring all Jaime scenes and will probably do the same with anything involving the Sandsnakes.

They should have just completely changed Tyene's name since the character doesn't resemble anything from the character in the books, physically or personality wise.

The TV show seems to be now one VERY bad fanfiction writing. It's being painful to watch, I promised myself last weekend that I wouldn't do it, but, I wanted to be proven wrong with a good episode. And the only place I can nitpick and be understood is on forums, almost all my friends are Unsullied :meh:

- Melisandre is all mighty, but, yet, showrunners made her to resort to the touch-my-boobies-let's-have-some-sex tactic, seriously? Where are the wildlings, btw? They were so many and almost wiped all the Nightswatc and, now, they're nowhere to be seen. Their presence is assuredly causing some disturbances, nevermind, Melisandre's boobs are far more important.

What disturbs me is that, specially after s03, they choose to prioritize things that aren't important(Theon torture scene, for instance) and leave behind some more interesting plots from books, because...they simply want to.

Brienne the Brute would have sliced through those Harpies like buttuh. Like buttuhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

But Barry had the advantage and from the beginning, before the first blow, he let one go right along the wall behind him? Sorry, if he had to die the proper way would have been him carving through as he did with the next to last throwing a knife in his chest while he was killing the next to last. THEN, have Grey Worm kill the one who threw the knife. Pure unfortunate bad luck rather than being beaten in the end. But, hey, I'm not a genius like these writers are.

I can finally say it after holding it in for four weeks, LF's plan makes no freaking sense. If he wants Sansa to ally with whomever emerged victorious in the Stannis/Bolton battle of Winterfell, why wouldn't he stay in the Vale until the battle is over and give Sansa to the victor? Why would he put Sansa in danger in the middle of the battle beforehand? It's just idiotic.

100% agree. His "plan" makes less sense every week.

Someone on one of the other threads just brought up a funny point concerning the Larry/Bronn scene. So Bronn has to bury all of these bodies by himself? Does he even have a shovel? Is he going to be burying the dead horse too? Why is Larry continually pissing on the one guy who agreed to join him on a super dangerous mission and who just saved his ass? It's like we're back to Jaime circa season 1. So much for all that humility he supposedly learned from his travels with Brienne. I think maybe that awesome leather outfit is making him feel like too much of a badass.

I found they did more of a disservice to Grey Worm and the unsullied then to old man Barristan. Barry is an older man now...his reflexes and such not quite as quick...he's still tough, still good...and he killed a number of men, but yeah...he was gonna get nicked.

But GreyWorm and the Unsullied looked kinda lost...I get they were outnumbered but if I recall correctly during season 3, episode 9....GreyWorm, Daario and Jorah fought off about 20 times their numbers by themselves and handled it pretty easily.

Okay, okay, I have to address this. Complain about how Barry was treated all you want. But the Unsullied getting dispatched like bitches was the best part of the episode. It's entirely logical considering what they are: physically weak, lightly armored spearmen that are trained in outdated tactics and have had all individual initiative beaten out of them. Of course they're going to be bad combatants, despite what the incredibly stupid slavers say. Especially when facing 2-3 times their numbers, even if their enemies are just basically pissed off civilians with knives. It also works as foreshadowing of how shitty they are since the show doesn't have Bittersteel curb-stomping them with a group of Westerosi exiles.

Fair point about them being outnumbered and surrounded, and that this is the least jarring aspect of the episode. But, since when exceptional "individual initiative" is a prerequisite to be a good soldier? It doesn't ring true to my rudimentary notions about infantry. Initiative is for the commanders, rankless pawns are to take orders and carry them out. Moreover, what the Unsullied lacked in testosterone, they made up in discipline. Again, fair point that they couldn't use their discipline to their advantage in the circumstances they were in (no formations and the like).

Other than that, well. What can be added to the points already made? All that it's left is to wait for memes to poke fun on the book-butchering being made.

But GreyWorm and the Unsullied looked kinda lost...I get they were outnumbered but if I recall correctly during season 3, episode 9....GreyWorm, Daario and Jorah fought off about 20 times their numbers by themselves and handled it pretty easily.

And those were hired guards, not "civilians". But what is consistency in the face of plot convenience? Nothing (is nothing).

The TV show seems to be now one VERY bad fanfiction writing. It's being painful to watch, I promised myself last weekend that I wouldn't do it, but, I wanted to be proven wrong with a good episode. And the only place I can nitpick and be understood is on forums, almost all my friends are Unsullied :meh:

- Melisandre is all mighty, but, yet, showrunners made her to resort to the touch-my-boobies-let's-have-some-sex tactic, seriously? Where are the wildlings, btw? They were so many and almost wiped all the Nightswatc and, now, they're nowhere to be seen. Their presence is assuredly causing some disturbances, nevermind, Melisandre's boobs are far more important.

What disturbs me is that, specially after s03, they choose to prioritize things that aren't important(Theon torture scene, for instance) and leave behind some more interesting plots from books, because...they simply want to.

The Theon torture scenes were important. His arc is not just about him being brutalized, but why he feels the way he does and why he is mentally screwed up by everything Ramsay has done to him. You cant play that off and not show it...these aren't the books. You need to somehow do Ramsay justice as well. He's the most evil character in the books really, and the show has already tried to tone him down...he needs to be amped up. Which is why I sincerely hope we see some of those awful things Ramsay does in book 5 this season.

Archived