[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

*a wild Sansa appears*

Dad: "Jaime's going to rescue her, right?"

Me: "What? Jaime's literally at the opposite end of the continent. He's rescuing Myrcella!"

My girlfriend and dad still think this season has been all build up and no payoff. Only my mom seems to be enjoying it.

We're all more hyped for "Penny Dreadful", truth be told

My unsullied husband loves Morocco, so he was stoked by the moorish water gardens and architecture in Dorne.

He loved seeing Tyrion's big mouth getting him the smack down. Just tickled him to death.

He thought Jorah was taking Tyrion to Cersei at first to get the lordship promised for his bounty.

There were a few comparisons made between the battle scenes and the Mayweather and Pacquiao fight. Jaime's hand block won that round.

The Mel and Jon scene got some eyerolls, even from the men.

I was asked to recap how Jorah got kicked to the curb by Dany, but the scene between him and Tyron got a few chuckles.

My friends hated Jon killing Janos Slynt. I had to explain that its the guy who betrayed Ned in season 1 etc etc to make them see how cool it is.

They think Jaime is gonna die, trying to predict shocking death of the season. Jaime might as well die this season, but it took a lot of self-control not to mention the Ides. After all, the show may keep Jon unharmed.

They don't understand what is the deal with the sparrows, but right now they only see it as a comeback cause for Lancel. I think HS arresting Cersei is going to be a big shock. I spoiled a little bit telling Cersei was foolish to let them take swords.

They don't understand what is the deal with the sparrows, but right now they only see it as a comeback cause for Lancel. I think HS arresting Cersei is going to be a big shock. I spoiled a little bit telling Cersei was foolish to let them take swords.

My bro got without prompting that Cersei is a fool. He even quoted Tywin "she's not as clever as she thinks she is", I was so proud! :)

Meanwhile he is wondering whether most or many of the slaves are against Dany now. I'm like well some of the greedier bastards are... Getting to the point where i don't know any better than him and can speculate too.

My cousin's predictions:

"That big dragon's going to come back and fuck shit up. Oh, and the old guy and Grey Worm are dead. They did kill like 20 guys though."

Stannis is going to win against the Boltons, despite Bolton having more troops (I reminded him that, despite LF's statement, Stannis said he needed more men to defeat Roose in S5E1). Sansa will be rescued, Roose and Ramsay will be killed. Theon will kill himself.

Cersei is going to suffer a huge setback as the High Sparrow gains more power, but will live, because we'll need someone to hate after Stannis kills Roose and Ramsay.

He figured out R + L = J. He already strongly suspected it, but Stannis saying "that wasn't Ned's way" and LF having a slight look of skepticism when Sansa said Rhaegar raped Lyanna fully convinced him.

Jon is going to do SOMETHING with Melisandre, which will result in SOMETHING.

Bronn is gonna die. Jaime's gonna live.

Jon isn't going to stay at the Wall, because that would be pointless.

Tyrion will talk Dany (who he thinks is stupid) into letting him become an adviser now that Barry and Grey Worm are "dead". He doesn't know what'll happen with Jorah.

He doesn't even remember Arya. I can't really blame him.

My cousin's predictions:

"That big dragon's going to come back and fuck shit up. Oh, and the old guy and Grey Worm are dead. They did kill like 20 guys though."

Stannis is going to win against the Boltons, despite Bolton having more troops (I reminded him that, despite LF's statement, Stannis said he needed more men to defeat Roose in S5E1). Sansa will be rescued, Roose and Ramsay will be killed. Theon will kill himself.

Cersei is going to suffer a huge setback as the High Sparrow gains more power, but will live, because we'll need someone to hate after Stannis kills Roose and Ramsay.

He figured out R + L = J. He already strongly suspected it, but Stannis saying "that wasn't Ned's way" and LF having a slight look of skepticism when Sansa said Rhaegar raped Lyanna fully convinced him.

Jon is going to do SOMETHING with Melisandre, which will result in SOMETHING.

Bronn is gonna die. Jaime's gonna live.

Jon isn't going to stay at the Wall, because that would be pointless.

Tyrion will talk Dany (who he thinks is stupid) into letting him become an adviser now that Barry and Grey Worm are "dead". He doesn't know what'll happen with Jorah.

He doesn't even remember Arya. I can't really blame him.

Over half that was the 4chan spoilers....most of that was debunked as fake.

If you think that the items above could still happen....perhaps.

I personally want to see Bron go on, and Jamie die. (Still not forgiving for throwing a kid out a window)[The North remembers]

Over half that was the 4chan spoilers....most of that was debunked as fake.

If you think that the items above could still happen....perhaps.

I personally want to see Bron go on, and Jamie die. (Still not forgiving for throwing a kid out a window)[The North remembers]

I don't. My cousin does.

I am a book reader myself, but I'm interested - for those you know who are unsullied, do they even know where Dorne even is in relation to KL and the rest of Westeros? Because all that camera swirling in the opening credits these days I know would certainly have confused me. It's almost seems as if Dorne is on another continent the way it's been made out. Why not go from the Wall back to KL, then Dorne, and then Essos? I don't get it.

My wife stopped reading the books halfway through Feast. So I guess she's "Unsullied" moving forward, but here's a gem:

Last night, during the Sand Snake scene, she asked which one was the princess. "You mean Doran's daughter?" "Yes, she was great." "They cut her from the show."

She just stared at me with this look of complete disbelief. I missed the rest of that scene laughing.

:)

I'm going to have to wait until Thursday to see what my dad thinks, probably the best episode of the season or at least I enjoyed this one the most, so I can't wait to see what he says.

My sister, who has started the first book and knows a lot due to her asking me questions or me reading her parts, watched it with me for the most part. She knows R + L = J and we were both fistpumping and hooting over every mention of it.

During the Jaime and Dornish guard fight, she kept saying "They're getting too close to that cliff!" She also loved Jaime's little quips about being one handed, especially the burying the bodies after Jaime managed to stop the guard with his hand.

Not so big on Mel/Jon but she's still "eeehhhh!" about nudity.

We both got a little sad about Ser Grandfather. She did say he went out well, and that Grey Worm took out a lot of them too. I'd seen people talking about the leaked episodes, and a lot of debating on his fate, but the music gave it away even to my sister, who does not catch some obvious things.

We frankly didn't get to heard much after the Unsullied/Sons fight. We were watching on my tablet, and I have The Simpsons: Tapped Out installed. Homer will say something when a push notification goes off, and right as Grey Worm stabbed that Son with the spear, the notification goes off with Homer saying "Better them than me!" It was perfect! We could not stop laughing for the rest of the episode, but we didn't miss too much.

I watched it first and told my Unsullied friends which scenes they needed to pay attention to if they wanted to know who Jon's parents are. The two that I've spoken to figured it out - but I think that's cause I told them which scenes were important.

Then we had the usual "who's that guy? Who's he?" when Loras got arrested, and she couldn't figure out why he was being arrested. She thought HS was a good guy and was shocked when I told her he's kind of an ass.

There was outrage about Jon/Mel, then a "HHHH nooo waaayyy how does she know?!" with the "You know nothing Jon Snow". She thought Mel was Ygritte ressurrected or something... -.-

Not much reaction for the rest of the episode, other than "I weirdly like Ramsay" and "Haha Bronn, Bronn's so funny". Until we got to Grey Worm and Barristan... she was outraged about Grey Worm ("if he dies then I stop watching") and then went "there's no way that boring old guy is better than all those Unsullied" to which I got very angry and explained the badassery that is Ser Barristan the Bold.

Archived