[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XV - The stories of Bael(ish)

Batfinger this season is the dumbest character on the show. His plan is completely idiotic. If he wants to get Sansa into Stannis' hands, why couldn't he just sned her to the Wall? And that buffoon believes that Cersei won't hear for months that Sansa in WF even though the whole castle saw her.

How the hell is Stannis' army bigger than the Bolton's, BTW? Am I forgetting something from the previous season or was Batfinger talking nonsense?

Yes, definitely leaning towards this as well. ALthough Brienne could take Mance's place as well and be stuck in Winterfell, I'm thinking Sansa is going North to Jon at the end of the season. I always imagined them meeting up again since they've been the closest together in the books, geographically at least.

Sure, I really hope for them to meet again, both books and show.

Jon needs to be surrounded by redheads.

He's not. He's taking Sansa Stark as an ally.

Presumably LF is relying on Sansa working in his favor after she is WotN.

Not likely. If Sansa learned anyhing about the Game as the show would have us believe, she should have asked LF why the hell he didnot send her to Stannis. If Stannis had her, the Northmen would rally to him instantly and Roose himself confessed that they are not strong enough to resist the Northmen alone.

Batfinger this season is the dumbest character on the show. His plan is completely idiotic. If he wants to get Sansa into Stannis' hands, why couldn't he just sned her to the Wall? And that buffoon believes that Cersei won't hear for months that Sansa in WF even though the whole castle saw her.

How the hell is Stannis' army bigger than the Bolton's, BTW? Am I forgetting something from the previous season or was Batfinger talking nonsense?

Stannis got that army from Bravos to go along with his small army before he attacked the wildlings. The Bolton army is just the bolton men with some freys mixed in im sure. In the show thusfar, there are no northern supporters for either camp.

Lol. Even if we forget everything in the past that makes it impossible for Stannis to forgive LF, how can Stannis take LF as an ally after he gave a Stark to the Boltons, especially at such a time Stannis was looking for a Stark to rally the Northmen at his back?

I agree that Littlefinger's endgame must involve a dead Stannis. There is no way Littlefinger could flourish with Stannis as king. My guess is that Littlefinger's original plan involved dropping Sansa off at Winterfell and then going back to the Vale to wait out the Battle of Winterfell. But now LF is detouring to visit Kings Landing.

I do sort of accept LF's argument that Sansa needs to be in Winterfell to strike her claim while the north is still up for grabs. If somebody rustles up a different Stark figurehead or if people start getting used to a non-Stark running the north, Sansa becomes irrelevant. And with winter coming, Sansa only had a small window of time to go north. If she winters in the south, she runs a real risk of people forgetting about her or deciding that she's too southern. So if Ramsay wasn't psychotic, it might be worth the risk of putting Sansa in a war zone in order to make sure she's the primary Stark on the ground. Especially since Stannis has access to a Stark bastard and Arya is unaccounted for (and Littlefinger probably did recognize her in Harrenhal, so he might think the Lannisters still have her).

BTW, the letter Cersei sent to LF was on her table while she was talking to the High Sparrow. And in that very dialogue, she ratted out Loras.

I think it is very likely that she summoned LF so that she could use his "wicked" mind and resources to frame Marg for adultery and treason.

This is a tv show I guess. They know Sansa is a lightning rod for sympathy so the producers and writters have stuck her in the most dangerous place at the moment, Winterfell, in place of Jeyne Poole. As for show Littlefinger, he only told Sansa a half truth. Littlefinger is the one that he intends to marry to, himself. When Sweet Robin is of age, Lf is not needed there. If he marries Sansa, wardeness of the North, he starts a house with the woman he wants and has a seat for life. He is gambling but giving the Boltons Sansa will be his price for admission to the North with a Vale host and who knows, perhaps a gallant young knight amongst them may be named H H who is kin to S R ? What Littlefinger implies is that the Boltons are desperate for an ally to fight off Stannis and LF has sealed the deal with Sansa. LF does plan to double cross the Boltons so giving them Sansa gives the Boltons the feeling of holding all of the cards. It is that simple.

I do not think at all that Martin will spare her while the show invents cruelties that never happen, certainly not those who may have a fundamental impact on a character.

Considering we're talking about the same episode where the show kills Barristan off, it's really not credible to just assume that there's some kind of one-to-one equivalency with what's happening in Sansa's book arc -- particularly as the writers say they had this in mind going back to season 2, which was well before they were given the major details about the contents of the unfinished books.

I really hope not!

Pins and Needles, approaching mid-season. The Tension whenever they show an upcoming clip. Also, Sansa telling Littlefinger she does not know How to make Ramsay her own. I am screaming. "She is a Virgin you asshole, not a trained whore!" Anyways, what is going to happen was already filmed and there is not much we can do but wait with baited breath.

?

If Stannis and Sansa meet do you think he calls her Lady Lannister.

That marriage is evidently dissolved on the show, so probably not ("Lady Lannister" was only ever to try to convince Jon to join him, incidentally).

I do not think that the degree of horror happening to Sansa - or not - will be different from the books. The story may differ, may develop faster and happen at another place. If Sansa is at Winterfell now she will sooner or later be there in the books too. And if Sansa goes through hell in the series it will happen in the books as well, though maybe with different characters around her. I do not think at all that Martin will spare her while the show invents cruelties that never happen, certainly not those who may have a fundamental impact on a character.

But you are right: the real protagonist of the Winterfell arc is Reek who becomes Theon again and that story is so compelling, so wonderfully written that I would not want anyone, not even Sansa, to overshadow Alfie Allen. And so maybe Sansa will be partially there to support Theon's development which is not bad since the actor is incredible. But the alternative for Sansa's character would be: not to be there for most of the season.

As I had said, I'd rather she wouldn't be there at all. I mean, this is not her true story afterall, so we're missing out anyway. Also, whatever her story in TWoW is supposed to be, I'm dead sure it doesn't involve a sadistic psychopath. That LF gave Sansa to the Boltons is utterly nonsensical. She shoudn't be able to marry in the first place since just the previous season Lysa informed her that after Tyrion is executed, she'll be a widow and free to marry Robin, although Sansa assured her previously she's still a virgin. It appears an official annullment was still required at the time, lol.

I honestly don't get where Littlefinger is going with his Season 5 plotline. I honestly doubt he wants to make Sansa Wardeness of the North, when HE could surely be warden of the North somehow too. He is totally cut off from KL and he deliberately left the Vale. WHAT is he playing for?

I dont know how LF could think to have Northern allies himself. If Roose and Ramsay get wiped out and Sansa becomes Wardeness, all she'd have to do is tell the northern lords that LF had her and where she was and theyd question why he didnt bring her to any of them..of course LF could hold over Jofferey's death to force her into marriage, but if hes stuck in KL he cant enforce anything. Ive got a feeling this is to get LF into KL so he gets killed by the Faith or something...Ive just got a feeling hes gonna die and that frees Sansa from all things KL except for Stannis

And I can see Selyse sacrificing both herself and Shireen to free Stannis from his 'weakness' and he could take Sansa as his own, which would allow Brienne to follow her and if Stannis became king she would kill him...becoming a kingslayer just like Jaime

Sansa is so boring in this season... "Oh, yes lord P, I can't wait to obey you..."

She is like Sansa in season 1, but now she has a bitter face.

And she's so exciting in the books?

Sansa: (worried) Gee, I hope HtH likes me. Please. Please. Please! Oh I know, I'll pray to the Maiden.

LF: (confident) Don't worry Sansa. You can wrap him around your little finger. Charm him. Play hard to get.

Sansa: (coyly) I'll be all the spice you need, Harry. But don't expect me to give you my favor at the tourney.

Archived