[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XV - The stories of Bael(ish)

Because the Northern culture, just like the one in King's Landing, values men over women. (Remember, for all the talk about LF not vetting Ramsay, Ned didn't vet Joffrey properly, either.) Roose thinks that if Ramsay gets Sansa pregnant fast enough, the North will accept the status quo - there will be, after all, a ruling *line*.

Oh alright, I get what you mean. I suppose that would make a lot of sense. Apparently in the episode 9/10 synopsis, there's mention of "Winterfell prepares for a wedding" or something along those lines,so I guess we'll see. A wishful-thinking part of me hopes that she's treated decently, but knowing the Bolton's, it's obvious they don't mind going back on their word.

I'm starting to get the feeling that for the first time in the show ever there will not be a character merge, but a character split. Jeyne Poole will be impersonated by Sansa (for the inheritance part) AND by Myranda (for the sick torture part). Could be an interesting concept.

edit: typo

As I had said, I'd rather she wouldn't be there at all. I mean, this is not her true story afterall, so we're missing out anyway. Also, whatever her story in TWoW is supposed to be, I'm dead sure it doesn't involve a sadistic psychopath. That LF gave Sansa to the Boltons is utterly nonsensical. She shoudn't be able to marry in the first place since just the previous season Lysa informed her that after Tyrion is executed, she'll be a widow and free to marry Robin, although Sansa assured her previously she's still a virgin. It appears an official annullment was still required at the time, lol.

Yes, you are right.

And I cannot imagine that the showmakers forget their storyline so easily (haters will disagree ;) ), so I believe the marriage to Tyrion will come up again, maybe not now, maybe not even this year but the longer it takes the more impact that storyline will have.

And I predict that relying on the legal impact of that already existing marriage might save the life of one or both protagonists, Sansa and Tyrion. After that all about their future is open and in Martin's hands.

Nah, I don't think so, she just stood there no passion or anything and her expressions says she isn't trusting or believing his words, her body language as he leaves the crypts sat the same.

The showmakers keep it deliberately open if Sansa has fallen for Baelish. We are even left alone to guess what the exact nature of Baelish's feelings for Sansa are.

I think this is great, I would not want Sansa to give a hint of dislike towards LF's approach now since that way it enhances the plot, we don't know if they might become lovers or enemies in the end.

P.S., we all guess that they will be deadly antagonists in the end. But we are supposed - by Martin and by the show - to see the possibility that Sansa might side with Baelish and go down with him.

Honestly my my brain is just malfunctioning with this storyline.

Littlefinger sends Sansa to WF for god knows why and then admits this episode that he believes Stannis will take WF and appoint her Warderness of the North. Like why on earth did he not give Sansa to Stannis in the first place? Sansa is obviously going to be raped and tortured by Ramsay, she will escape with Theon and get captured by Stannis all the same. Book Littlefinger would be laughing so hard at this pathetic excuse of an adaptation on his character.

Because that's only one plan ... Littlefinger has like five plans and he explained two already in that conversation. Stannis wins or Stannis loses, either way Sansa should be OK till he gets back. Giving her to Stannis is stupid, if he loses she cannot go over to the Boltons.

Edit: is it me or are they building up Sansa to be the one Jon rushes to and gets killed?

Yes, I can see it being Sansa and not Arya (fArya in truth) that Jon tries to defend. As usual at this point, the show dicks around with the story, then ends up in a similar place.

I loved Roose Bolton and "I'd like to read the letter."

Please don't let anything bad happen to Fat Walda. That I just can't take. She's such a sweetie.

Well, this whole Sansa plot makes me retch. And reactivating Littlefinger as 'backstory guy' again actually made me very angry. He never does this kind of thing in the books.

Well, this whole Sansa plot makes me retch. And reactivating Littlefinger as 'backstory guy' again actually made me very angry. He never does this kind of thing in the books.

I can't decide which is worse here. That the showSansa arc so far looks extremely out of the top or that the bookSansa story is not as good/presentable for the show as that of Jeyne/fArya who is a minor character in Jon's and Theon's stories.

Because that's only one plan ... Littlefinger has like five plans and he explained two already in that conversation. Stannis wins or Stannis loses, either way Sansa should be OK till he gets back.

Why wouldn't the Boltons just murder if they see they are losing the battle? Why help Stannis by letting them have her?

The positive thing is that the show is obviously not going to spoil us for Sansa's TWoW material unless they end up putting the reset button at the end of this season (as they did after the stupid Craster's plot). For all we know she might just return to the Vale when everything is over. I imagine a skeleton of the Winterfell escape plot will remain in the show.

By the way:

Does anybody else think the show is greatly out of line with suddenly bringing up Rhaegar and Lyanna? Those characters never mattered all that much in the show, and it strange that they suddenly should matter. Especially to the character - Littlefinger - who is bringing them up.

Oh, and please don't make Littlefinger Tommen's Hand. Please don't. I could not bear that. I'm starting to have nightmares about Littlefinger killing Ser Kevan because 'the ladder' demands it...

By the way:

Does anybody else think the show is greatly out of line with suddenly bringing up Rhaegar and Lyanna? Those characters never mattered all that much in the show, and it strange that they suddenly should matter. Especially to the character - Littlefinger - who is bringing them up.

Whenever we visit the crypts in the books, Lyanna is brought up. That is the rule.

That's not what I'm talking about. It was the feeling that the show's obsession with weirdo minstrel Rhaegar is strangely out of place after it never explored this kind of thing in the past with the proper characters. Just bringing up stuff for plot's sake is what the show does but it feels very weird if they suddenly are dumping information on characters they could have begin exploring seasons ago.

The show never showed a flashback before but they did. I bet they will do more in the future, especially in regards to R+L=J.

Minstrel Rhaegar stuff definitely sounded absurd but Lyanna and Harrenhal stuff was given in a proper context, though everybody wished that somebody other than LF gave us the story with all the smiles died.

Not sure about the flashbacks. The show usually only brings up stuff when it is going to become important - which could be a big hint that Jon's heritage will be revealed in this season. Or that Rhaegar will become more important - say, if Trystane is Aegon and likes to sing to Myrcella/run away with her and become a singer in Essos.

I'm not sure we'll need flashbacks for the Jon thing if the stuff has been revealed.

The positive thing is that the show is obviously not going to spoil us for Sansa's TWoW material unless they end up putting the reset button at the end of this season (as they did after the stupid Craster's plot). For all we know she might just return to the Vale when everything is over. I imagine a skeleton of the Winterfell escape plot will remain in the show.

By the way:

Oh, and please don't make Littlefinger Tommen's Hand. Please don't. I could not bear that. I'm starting to have nightmares about Littlefinger killing Ser Kevan because 'the ladder' demands it...

Been hinted at from 1st episode and anytime people enter the crypts, they do a flash of her statue, it was pointed out how much it mattered when Robert says he kills him ( Rhaegar ) every night in his dreams etc.

Actually we don't know if they are spoiling her TWoW material. There is a lot of doubt that the show just sends her back to the Vale after Winterfell. So we may be seeing some later chapters of TWoW where she does leave the Vale for the North. We'd need to have the books to know if we're being spoiled or not. As to Craster's that scene spoiled nothing but it also didn't take Bran to a different outcome. He just made a pitstop there on his way to BR. If the strategy with Sansa's story is indeed similar to Bran's then Ramsey would be a pitstop but she'd still be on her way to Stannis/the North in TWoW.

The show never showed a flashback before but they did. I bet they will do more in the future, especially in regards to R+L=J.

Minstrel Rhaegar stuff definitely sounded absurd but Lyanna and Harrenhal stuff was given in a proper context, though everybody wished that somebody other than LF gave us the story with all the smiles died.

Yes, I'm not happy that they gave him, Eddard's thoughts, Sansa's thoughts, the Hound's words, why can't they let the actual person do their own words, Ned could have said the smile portion as he's alone in the black cells as self loathing, Sansa when she was in her own room looking in the mirror, the Hound when he was doing the killer speech, I was really thrilled they let Sansa do "or maybe he'll give me yours" to Joffry .

I go with the flow watching the show but hate LF giving up all the lines or hints.

Minstrel Rhaegar stuff definitely sounded absurd

Why? Rhaegar was known to love music? Why is it absurd? Because they had him singing in the streets? Who's to say? He clearly wasn't concerned with people's opinions of his actions as we see when he crowns Lyanna at a public event his wife is attending. He's been characterized as very self-centered in the books. It makes him sympathetic which shows us that D&DE are going with there was no abduction or rape.

Actually we don't know if they are spoiling her TWoW material. There is a lot of doubt that the show just sends her back to the Vale after Winterfell. So we may be seeing some later chapters of TWoW where she does leave the Vale for the North. We'd need to have the books to know if we're being spoiled or not. As to Craster's that scene spoiled nothing but it also didn't take Bran to a different outcome. He just made a pitstop there on his way to BR. If the strategy with Sansa's story is indeed similar to Bran's then Ramsey would be a pitstop but she'd still be on her way to Stannis/the North in TWoW.

I think it is a detour instead of a pit stop in Sansa's case.

The books never say that Rhaegar made a fool of himself by entertaining smallfolk like some idiot. The man was a melancholic youth and the Heir Apparent to the Iron Throne of Westeros, not some street singer. The chances that George will reveal this particular side of Rhaegar's character in future books is about zero if you ask me.

Sansa is not going to marry/be betrothed to Ramsay in TWoW. She is filling on for Jeyne, that's it. If Sansa is going north in TWoW then this will happen long after the Bolton-Stannis is determined, which means the overall story/setting will be completely different then.

Archived