(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

<snip>

Sorry, but no negative nitpicking here. There should be a thread for it specifically (and the discussion thread allows it). This is just for what we liked- not what we didn't like.

Kit Harrington is finally acting, isn't he? Perhaps he finally has some scenes to act in?

I'd given up on him as one of those kind of pretty boy actors that is all about selling films to teenage girls and nothing about actual acting, until this season.

Even last season was good from him and especially end of the season.Not his biggest fan,but he's much better.

I liked the parallel between Tommen and the sparrows interacting and the riot scene with Joffrey. Same hecklers, same insults, but Tommen decides not to start a riot. Nice kid.

Loved Stannis and Shireen of course. Now we know Stannis dies, they just made him a sympathetic character.

The decision from whomever to make Littlefinger speak like a human and not a deranged throat sore maniac screaming "IAMTHEVILLAIN" has been fantastic. Best I've seen from Gillen since S1 which he was great in. He's hitting it perfectly this season.

Yes!!! I started noticing that the last couple episodes too and went and rewatched a bit of the first season and last season to compare. He is definitely back to a less villain-y tone of voice. I think it's less growly...? Not sure but his accent sounds much more normal and he sounds less mustache-twirly. I'm really loving him this season.

E'ryone tellin' all their stories: Stannis to Shireen, Barristan to Dany, Petyr to Sansa. Excellent

Stannis and Mel talking to each other. Oh, how long have I waited to see that :)

Tommen being adorable and useless.

Small Council gold is just guaranteed right now.

Cersei thinking she is "winning" . Tee hee.

Bronn and Jaime

Tyrion and Jorah

"You now nothing Jon Snow" was freaky good.

Mentions of Rhaegar and Lyanna had me jumping for joy.

And of course Stannis. He hit all the right notes in this episode. From "...not Ned Stark's way" to that awesome father-daughter scene.

-Stannis and Shireen. Show Stannis is a much more likeable character imo. I hope all the whining about D&D hating him, or ruining his character can stop now. That was a very touching scene. I think they've humanized him more than the books ever have.

-LF talking about Harrenhal. "And all the smiles died"

-Dany and Barristan talking about Rhaegar.

-Ser Barristan the Bold!!! He went out like a boss if he is really dead. I sure hope he's not. :crying:

-Jaime looking at Tarth.

-Meereen looked amazing from Dany's balcony.

-The addition of Dorne with the snake during the credits.

I'm obvs in the minority but freakin' loved the entireity of the crypt scene, even LF's plan is I think is a lot better than I feared. l actually adored how he deftly showed Sansa that there is a way to ensure she gets her revenge no matter how things play out in the war to come, but trusts her enough to figure out the details herself. I mean don't get me wrong I still hate LF and want him to die super bad but right now I'm rooting for him 100%. ...I'm maybe even to the point of hoping that Sansa actually falls for him before she stabs him through the heart for her father... ok it felt really dirty to type that...

Other nice details everyone already said: Jaime x Tarth moment *le sigh*, Jorah slapping Tyrion bwaha, everything Stannis (!!!). Stannis is too good now, damn it, he's going to die horribly isn't he, fucking A. :crying:

I think all the great stuff has been mentioned. Loved the Stannis and Shireen scene. Loved Sansa and Petyr in the crypts of Winterell. Loved the talk between Barristan and Dany about Rhaegar. Loved the Sons of the Harpy ambush and Barristan going out like a BAMF.

I loved Stannis and Shireen but combined with that heavy stare between Mel and Selyse, I fear Shireen is not long for this world. But they were both perfect in this scene!

I literally squealed and clapped at "You know nothing Jon Snow."

Oh Jaime and Tarth! I love that nothing more was said that that, it was all on his face.

So everyone seems to hate the Sand Snakes - I'm reserving judgment (and am positively pre-disposed as I liked them in the books) but for the purposes of this positive thread I must say that I loved their costumes!!!

Jonathan Pryce continues to nail it. I actually really like that he is not coming out full-force as zealot from the beginning. He seems so... gentle!

Poor Tommen. DCC is so much fun to watch but you just feel so awful for him! He's trying so hard.

And of course all the R+L=J. I'm really excited to talk to my Unsullied friends as I am wondering if they picked it up as much as those of us who have read the books.

I'll just copy my 'how you rated this episode' thread post here - I loved:

- all the father-daughter stuff in the episode (Barristan/Dany (adopted), Littlefinger/Sansa (adopted, also creepy), Stannis/Shireen, Oberyn/Sand Snakes, Jaime/Myrcella) (this especially, I feel like it's the season for fathers/daughters)

- Jaime going "Tarth" with a dreamy face (I'm a Jaime/Brienne shipper, so there :P)

- both fights

- Margaery getting exhausted by Tommen's childishness, storming out. That kid is so not getting it tonight, in more ways than one.

- Mace bumbling about

- creepy Lancel

- all the history exposition

- Jon with Melisandre. Heh.

- Tyrion and Varys. Anything and everything with Tyrion and Varys.

- The Shireen and Stannis scene. I love Shireen, she's really been an MVP this season, and that scene with Stannis was just beautiful.

- The Melisandre/Jon scene was awesome. Jon was tempted, but he resisted because of his love for Ygritte. But, ooh, when Melisandre said the line: "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I got chills.

- Jaime reacting to the island of Tarth. All the Jaime/Brienne feels.

- Oh, Tommen and Cersei are both so over their heads and neither even remotely realizes it.

Overall, I continue to really enjoy this season so far.

Wardeness of the North.... It has a nice ring to it. The whole scene was amazing.

Margeary switching from fierce bitch to demure queen and lover of Tommen.... perfect!

Cersei playing Mace like a proper fool...

Jamie and Bronn together were great, glad Bronn is still around.

I liked how nine Westerosi men-at-arms and nine Unsullied (plus Barry and Grey Worm) were put into nearly the same situation: in a cramped area, surrounded on both sides by two or three times as many pissed off civilians with small and simple hand weapons (e.g. knives). Yet, while the Westerosi men were stated as being easily able to slaughter the mob, the Unsullied got cut to ribbons in that situation, even while Grey Worm and Barristan were running around being video game characters and killing a dozen men each in the middle of the battle.

Archived