(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

That shot of Ellaria Sand riding along the beach before the Sandsnake scene. :)

Yup, that was lovely. I get the sense that they decided, "OK, this year, we've got the money, and we're going to do the horses RIGHT this time!" And indeed, they're doing them right.

I continue to enjoy the ambiguity in some of the characters - the mystery around what exactly they're thinking. Jaime when he looks at Tarth, Sansa with Littlefinger - the double sense that we're not sure what they're thinking, and they're also not sure what they're thinking.

Mace's face when Cersei gives him the Iron Bank mission - trying to be blusteringly happy and preening as usual, but also momentarily cluing in with an "Oh f*ck, this isn't good" expression.

The moment when Tommen is on the steps, and its echoes of Tywin's speech about good and bad rulers last season. We've liked Tommen as a sweet kid so far, but now there's the sense that, uh oh, his rule may not be good for the realm either. (Not that his mother's helping him much.)

The Stannis/Shireen scene was of course fantastic.

Initially I thought Sansa found something leftover by Bran and Rickon and the crypts, but when someone pointed out it was the feather left by King Robert, that made it even better. Very nice callback.

"You had a wonderful teacher."

Tyrion, given the chance to play the game a bit, recovering a little from his funk. But also getting a few punches in the face - he's gradually cluing in that he's lost his status.

Jorah stealing a boat, then dropping some coins on the fisherman's chest.

Tyrion frantically trying to saw through his bonds, only to be picked up and unceremoniously dumped in the boat.

Tyrion grunting around his gag, on-and-on-and-on until Jorah releases it.

Jorah averting the usual snark-vs-snark gag by punching Tyrion in the face.

Jaime stating he's going to cut Tyrion in half (that would make him the quarterman) hopefully setting up a suitably Shakespearean confrontation in future.

Finally Jaime finds a use for his golden hand! And then finds it's stuck.

Bronn talking yet again about how good sex is with combat.

Jaime's unspoken reaction when told they're sailing past Tarth.

Sansa pointedly telling Littlefinger she'll be married next time they meet, and his enigmatic smile…

Meryn Trant going to Braavos, where A Girl has her death list…

Jon's expression when he gets Melisandre's tits right in his face. The guy's what, 17 years old at this stage?

When Jon tries to use his oath of celibacy as an excuse, Melisandre gives him a look that says, "Yeah right, the whole Nights Watch knows you broke that one!"

Queen Margaery dressing in her famous cleavage-revealing outfits before walking out on King Tommen. No more sex until you've got back my brother!

Bronn trolling Jaime about his twincest and lack of fighting ability, and Jaime getting back by opting out of any physical labour.

Jorah stealing a boat, then dropping some coins on the fisherman's chest.

Tyrion frantically trying to saw through his bonds, only to be picked up and unceremoniously dumped in the boat.

Tyrion grunting around his gag, on-and-on-and-on until Jorah releases it.

Jorah averting the usual snark-vs-snark gag by punching Tyrion in the face.

Jaime stating he's going to cut Tyrion in half (that would make him the quarterman) hopefully setting up a suitably Shakespearean confrontation in future.

Finally Jaime finds a use for his golden hand! And then finds it's stuck.

Bronn talking yet again about how good sex is with combat.

Jaime's unspoken reaction when told they're sailing past Tarth.

Sansa pointedly telling Littlefinger she'll be married next time they meet, and his enigmatic smile

Meryn Trant going to Braavos, where A Girl has her death list

Jon's expression when he gets Melisandre's tits right in his face. The guy's what, 17 years old at this stage?

When Jon tries to use his oath of celibacy as an excuse, Melisandre gives him a look that says, "Yeah right, the whole Nights Watch knows you broke that one!"

Queen Margaery dressing in her famous cleavage-revealing outfits before walking out on King Tommen. No more sex until you've got back my brother!

Bronn trolling Jaime about his twincest and lack of fighting ability, and Jaime getting back by opting out of any physical labour.

Actually, Jon was 17 in the first season. They aged up the characters.

I liked how nine Westerosi men-at-arms and nine Unsullied (plus Barry and Grey Worm) were put into nearly the same situation: in a cramped area, surrounded on both sides by two or three times as many pissed off civilians with small and simple hand weapons (e.g. knives). Yet, while the Westerosi men were stated as being easily able to slaughter the mob, the Unsullied got cut to ribbons in that situation, even while Grey Worm and Barristan were running around being video game characters and killing a dozen men each in the middle of the battle.

D'you remember the last time that many westerosi knights were with a king in a crowd like that? You know, the time the king didn't defuse the situation and barely escaped with his life and wife?

I liked Jon’s moment of rebellion over the Bolton correspondence, and Sam talking him down. I’ve long thought that the pink letter was unlikely to happen in the show because it is too convoluted, but this season has been making something of a point of correspondence at the Wall.

Jaime and Bronn’s conversation was also good. Bronn being skeptical of the plan, Jaime baring his soul a bit, Bronn having no soul.

‘Aren’t you getting along with mother?” Really excited about the rest of the Kings Landing season. I also like this season’s deployment of Lancel, who seems to be the right amount of crazy.

I thought Greyworms unhelming was pretty cool. Was not happy to find out he was one of the ambushed unsullied. I also thought using the same Harpy-sympathizing prostitute to set up the ambush was clever.

They did a great job with camera work, lighting and makeup making Tommen look young and harmless after not being able to get anything done. Compared to previous episodes trying to make him look older and more kingly.

Archived