[book+show spoilers] the crow festher

I was 1/2 expecting Sansa or LF to notice missing swords while they were down there.

Ha, me as well! Didn't see any missing ones though, sadly...

I must admit that, both when reading the books and watching the series, I'm quite oblivious but has there been a lot of R+L=J hints?

My favorite moment is on the way out when she says to him something like: "The next time we meet, I'll be a married woman." Was this Sansa offering up her cherry to Littlefinger so he won't leave her with the Boltons? Mayhaps she sees all her immediate marriage options and PB is the least objectionable, or mayhaps she is actually developing feelings for him?

Note: this idea might show up on a separate thread, but since all my New Posts on the TV side get rejected I thought I'd post it here.

My favorite moment is on the way out when she says to him something like: "The next time we meet, I'll be a married woman." Was this Sansa offering up her cherry to Littlefinger so he won't leave her with the Boltons? Mayhaps she sees all her immediate marriage options and PB is the least objectionable, or mayhaps she is actually developing feelings for him?

Note: this idea might show up on a separate thread, but since all my New Posts on the TV side get rejected I thought I'd post it here.

No, she's telling him that she may be married to Ramsey.

No, she's telling him that she may be married to Ramsey.

I think she was testing him to see his reaction. It is her clever way of seeking info without making a very direct question regarding something that personal that she knows he covets. This was an example of a learned Sansa in regards to manipulation and mind games. Subtle as it may have seemed.

I took the "married woman" comment to be Sansa's way of saying you're an idiot for leaving me here alone, they're not going to wait to try and get me married off.

I took the "married woman" comment to be Sansa's way of saying you're an idiot for leaving me here alone, they're not going to wait to try and get me married off.

I agree, I think that the wedding will take place or they will attempt to have it take place asap. unless, they need to call Northern highborns to whitness that this is indeed Sansa Stark as undoubtably she was very memorable to all as she was the shinning jewel of marital offspring of Ned and Cat. This may buy her time but I think wedding happens on or by episode 7, the bedding is up in the air.

I agree, I think that the wedding will take place or they will attempt to have it take place asap. unless, they need to call Northern highborns to whitness that this is indeed Sansa Stark as undoubtably she was very memorable to all as she was the shinning jewel of marital offspring of Ned and Cat. This may buy her time but I think wedding happens on or by episode 7, the bedding is up in the air.

Definitely sooner than later. Roose doesn't trust LF and while he's gone would be a perfect time to seal the deal before LF could have made any arrangement to betray them or wiggle out of the promise somehow.

By the looks of next week's preview, Myranda has a fit of jealousy and Ramsay punishes her (the line about remember what happens when someone bores me...). So I think shit will be going down but I doubt it's anything to do with the wedding. I hope Sansa isn't a part of it, but that she finds out what happens so she knows what kind of guy she's really dealing with.

Ya know, I didn't even think like that, but with her facial and body language that makes sense.

I like in the promo that Brienne does sense Sansa's in trouble, but doesn't know it yet.

I think the feather is more symbolic, it doesn't necessarily have a practical purpose or meaning.

It immediately takes you back to the first episode when Robert and Ned where discussing Lyanna, and now Sansa and Littlefinger are also discussing Lyanna. It is always somewhat sad to look back at the beginning, and to think what all of the surviving characters have been through and how many people have died along the way. That is the obvious symbolism.

But there is also quite a bit of irony here, Littlefinger asks how many people had to die because Rheagar choose Lyanna, but Littlefinger has done exactly the same thing. He is the one who started all these current wars, and it is also because of the love he had for a women. He is also responsible for killing thousand of people.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here, but it might also be a bit of foreshadowing or forewarning, all the people who where involved with the Rheagar and Lyanna event have died, specifically Robert who placed the feather there, it perhaps shows that Littlefinger will also get his due.

I think the feather is more symbolic, it doesn't necessarily have a practical purpose or meaning.

It immediately takes you back to the first episode when Robert and Ned where discussing Lyanna, and now Sansa and Littlefinger are also discussing Lyanna. It is always somewhat sad to look back at the beginning, and to think what all of the surviving characters have been through and how many people have died along the way. That is the obvious symbolism.

But there is also quite a bit of irony here, Littlefinger asks how many people had to die because Rheagar choose Lyanna, but Littlefinger has done exactly the same thing. He is the one who started all these current wars, and it is also because of the love he had for a women. He is also responsible for killing thousand of people.

Maybe I am getting ahead of myself here, but it might also be a bit of foreshadowing or forewarning, all the people who where involved with the Rheagar and Lyanna event have died, specifically Robert who placed the feather there, it perhaps shows that Littlefinger will also get his due.

^This....The feather did connect us back to Season 1 but it also shows Robert didn't "get" Lyanna at all....she was fond of flowers..not feathers..lol

^This....The feather did connect us back to Season 1 but it also shows Robert didn't "get" Lyanna at all....she was fond of flowers..not feathers..lol

And LF didn't get Cat and hopefully not get Sansa.

That's all good points. But to be a devil's advocate - about Stannis and Melisande's points - Melisande need not to suspect about Jon's true heritage.

He is a Ned Stark's bastard - brother to Robb Stark - former King of the North and descendant of Kings of Winter. The royal blood Melisande is lusting for can be just Stark's blood not necessarily Targ's. She is not picky that way - any type of royal blood will do.

I think Mel might be aware of Jon's dual heritage. When she speaks to Jon about the power he has inside him, she mentions 'two parts/halves of a whole' or something similar, so she probably knows about his lineage from both Targ and Stark(the old kings of the north).

Hmmm, I wonder if Mel will give birth to twin shadow babies if she has her way with Jon?!?

I got the same impression. Not necessary feelings, but some kind of interest there is. Sure she realizes that LF can not be fully trusted but that does not exclude getting crush on him.

Regarding feather - I do not think it bears a lot of relevance or symbolism. Just nice intro for L+R+R story.

That's all good points. But to be a devil's advocate - about Stannis and Melisande's points - Melisande need not to suspect about Jon's true heritage.

He is a Ned Stark's bastard - brother to Robb Stark - former King of the North and descendant of Kings of Winter. The royal blood Melisande is lusting for can be just Stark's blood not necessarily Targ's. She is not picky that way - any type of royal blood will do.

Yeah, I was thinking about this as I wrote it, to be fair. To play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate (if that's even a thing...) then I guess I could argue that half the families in Westeros were petty Andal kings (some less petty than others) until Aegon arrived: 300 years isn't thaaat long, really. But I know, I know, Kings of Winter > King of the Flowery Fields of the Reach or Big Rock That No-One Can Even Attack So Why Even Try or Cool Castle That The Big Bad Wolf(god) Huffed and Puffed At but Couldn't Blow Off The Cliff.

I'll choose to hang on desperately to my belief that they were referencing R+L=J, purely to redeem this train wreck of a season. ;)

It was not a crow's feather.

Genuine question, what was it? Looked fairly crow-y to me.

Yeah, I was thinking about this as I wrote it, to be fair. To play devil's advocate to your devil's advocate (if that's even a thing...) then I guess I could argue that half the families in Westeros were petty Andal kings (some less petty than others) until Aegon arrived: 300 years isn't thaaat long, really. But I know, I know, Kings of Winter > King of the Flowery Fields of the Reach or Big Rock That No-One Can Even Attack So Why Even Try or Cool Castle That The Big Bad Wolf(god) Huffed and Puffed At but Couldn't Blow Off The Cliff.

I'll choose to hang on desperately to my belief that they were referencing R+L=J, purely to redeem this train wreck of a season. ;)

Genuine question, what was it? Looked fairly crow-y to me.

Per show runners, it was from a southern bird, not a crow or raven and it's like we bring flowers to our dead love ones.

I think Mel might be aware of Jon's dual heritage. When she speaks to Jon about the power he has inside him, she mentions 'two parts/halves of a whole' or something similar, so she probably knows about his lineage from both Targ and Stark(the old kings of the north).

Hmmm, I wonder if Mel will give birth to twin shadow babies if she has her way with Jon?!?

The two parts are man and woman, each half joining together to create a whole new life. She was trying to get Jon to have sex with her and make a shadowbaby. Nothing to do with Targaryens.

Yup. Also let's not forget that she wanted Davos' shadowbaby as well. So it can be anybody, not necessary of royal lineage.

Archived