[BOOK SPOILERS] Loras

I think Loras is in some trouble if Margaery was counting on Good King Tommen to rescue him from the cells. But by the sound of it, she's getting grandma on the scene to help out.

I think I remember something about most of them (or a big chunk) went back to Highgarden with Queen of Thorns.

Well Highgarden isn't too far away. How long can the sparrows possibly keep Loras. I mean hopefully Olenna brings some backup with her

Well Highgarden isn't too far away. How long can the sparrows possibly keep Loras. I mean hopefully Olenna brings some backup with her

The Tyrell bannermen were at the wedding - or at least the banners were - they should still be around, no? Why would they leave King's Landing when they're trying to consolidate power? I hope this isn't an oversight on the writer's part. Too convenient for them all to leave when the shit hits the fan.

So they have Loras arrested instead of Margaery (books) - both leads to one thing: the Queen of Thornes will not sit

idly by whilst her heirs are treated like this, she knows how to play the game of thrones. So I really liked it when Margaery

said she's going to write to her grandmother, because in the books I also waited for the Tyrells to react.

However, I ask myself what is going to happen to Loras, because he IS homosexual - thus in the eyes of the Sparrows a

sinner, and what are they going to do about that? But the Sparrows are pictured as such fanatics here, that they hardly

can be seen as "good", so in the end there will come their downfall, too - thats my guess (because it just doesn't work to

forbid all people their amusements, people will rebell against it in the end)

Maybe a Henry VIII parallel. Anne Boleyn was brought down when accused of incest with her possibly gay brother to whom she was very close. There seems to be a similar arc developing on the show. Perhaps Margaery will find herself accused by Cersei of bedding her own brother. Very ironic coming from Cersei but given that Margaery's marriage has been consummated on the show she can't be brought down by a simple charge of fornication as she is acceptably non-virginal so there needs another angle.

Let's face it: At the latest in season 3 but actually already in season 2 when they gave one if his most iconic book moments (the slaying of Robar and Emmon) to Brienne it became clear that D&D do not give the slightest fuck about the book character Loras Tyrell.

Sadly I can't even blame them much for that because 85% (might be underestimating since I'm a fangirl after all) of ASOIAF fandom does not give the slightest fuck about the book character Loras Tyrell either. Doesn't mean I can't still be extremely bitter about it.

It's also kinda funny to think how Finn Jones and Natalie Dormer auditioned for other more major characters (Jon Snow and Cersei Lannister*) first, were rejected for those, and then offered the Tyrell roles, hence are both number-two choice cast as faces of House Tyrell. And by funny it makes you go "Hm...?" Only first choice for the Tyrells may be Diana Rigg and it shows (hah!).

(*not confirmed but my guess in Natalie Dormer's case; could also have been Melisandre.)

My first thought it during this episode was -

Wait a minute, Cersei, you actually had the High Sparrow arrest Loras for immoral sex - and one of the HS's most loyal servants (Lancel) is if FULL knowledge of your incest/adultery/murderous shenanigans?

I hope he dies. I'm tired of his character being one big gay joke. He was my favourite Tyrell in the books but Show!Loras needs to be put out of his misery.

You, Sir, have the best name on this board.

(And so I keep it on topic, I agree with you)

(See you in another life, brother.)

Wait a minute, Cersei, you actually had the High Sparrow arrest Loras for immoral sex - and one of the HS's most loyal servants (Lancel) is if FULL knowledge of your incest/adultery/murderous shenanigans?

Which is going to be her demise. If that part stays close to the books.

Well even if the Faith inquisition is taking a different turn, we know from the novels this is going to blow up in Cersei's face. So I would imagine Lancel is going to betray Cersei before the season is up. He's actually kinda scary looking now.

They made the faith militant just immediately into evil fanatics in the show, whereas in the books they haven't quite gotten to that point yet. I think the show is just taking a sharp left turn away from the books and it'll just be what it is.

Loras will go on trial for sexual perversion and Margaery having stormed the keep of Dragonstone is too injured to fight for her defenseless brother. Being a member of the royal family via proxy rule seven in the Charter of Cersei Amendments, Loras can only be defended by a knight of the Kingsguard. Yet he has had sex with all but Jaime Lannister, also suspiciously absent! Ergo, he must be defended by Ser Olivar Brothele known in his 15th year as "the prostitute," hastily knighted and promoted to the Kingsguard by her loving grace Cersei Lannister after the death of Ser Meryn Trant to some child in Braavos. The Faith choose their champion Ser Gregor Clegane, we didn't change his name because you might forget or be confused. Olivar is slain as his offer for oral is rejected via greatsword through throat. Loras is forced to walk the streets of Kingslanding naked before staggering to the Red Keep where he is executed by a Sand Snake because the Sand Snakes are COOOL YO!

Mace is slightly bemused in Braavos as he isn't sure if his only children's deaths are an honor or a really high honor! AS HIGH AS HONOR! OMG I'M LORD OF THE EYRIE NOW TOO? I have to tell Mother!

Loras will go on trial for sexual perversion and Margaery having stormed the keep of Dragonstone is too injured to fight for her defenseless brother. Being a member of the royal family via proxy rule seven in the Charter of Cersei Amendments, Loras can only be defended by a knight of the Kingsguard. Yet he has had sex with all but Jaime Lannister, also suspiciously absent! Ergo, he must be defended by Ser Olivar Brothele known in his 15th year as "the prostitute," hastily knighted and promoted to the Kingsguard by her loving grace Cersei Lannister after the death of Ser Meryn Trant to some child in Braavos. The Faith choose their champion Ser Gregor Clegane, we didn't change his name because you might forget or be confused. Olivar is slain as his offer for oral is rejected via greatsword through throat. Loras is forced to walk the streets of Kingslanding naked before staggering to the Red Keep where he is executed by a Sand Snake because the Sand Snakes are COOOL YO!

Mace is slightly bemused in Braavos as he isn't sure if his only children's deaths are an honor or a really high honor! AS HIGH AS HONOR! OMG I'M LORD OF THE EYRIE NOW TOO? I have to tell Mother!

You have a dark gift, MLF.

I think Loras is taking the place of the Kettleblacks. Either he'll be tortured and himself mention Cersei's incest rumors as a way out, or Margaery/Olenna will volunteer it to save him. In some way, he's the catalyst for Cersei's imprisonment/walk of shame.

Clearly it's the worst-kept secret in Westeros anyway as all the smallfolk realize Tommen is illegitimate, but I thought it was interesting that an episode or so back, Loras points out that everyone knows everything about everyone in Kings Landing.

I hope it's that, and not just gratuitous gay-bashing on the part of the show writers.

Archived