[BOOK SPOILERS] Loras

Loras will go on trial for sexual perversion and Margaery having stormed the keep of Dragonstone is too injured to fight for her defenseless brother. Being a member of the royal family via proxy rule seven in the Charter of Cersei Amendments, Loras can only be defended by a knight of the Kingsguard. Yet he has had sex with all but Jaime Lannister, also suspiciously absent! Ergo, he must be defended by Ser Olivar Brothele known in his 15th year as "the prostitute," hastily knighted and promoted to the Kingsguard by her loving grace Cersei Lannister after the death of Ser Meryn Trant to some child in Braavos. The Faith choose their champion Ser Gregor Clegane, we didn't change his name because you might forget or be confused. Olivar is slain as his offer for oral is rejected via greatsword through throat. Loras is forced to walk the streets of Kingslanding naked before staggering to the Red Keep where he is executed by a Sand Snake because the Sand Snakes are COOOL YO!

Mace is slightly bemused in Braavos as he isn't sure if his only children's deaths are an honor or a really high honor! AS HIGH AS HONOR! OMG I'M LORD OF THE EYRIE NOW TOO? I have to tell Mother!

:lmao:

So, he was arrested. What do you guys think? I totally was not expecting that...

Was totally expecting that. As a white guy he's the perfect target to use for some group's moral outrage without setting off a controversy. Cersei is freed from the marriage bargain. We get a triangle of Tommen and Margery and Cersei. We get to see if Tommen is a King or a "soft boy." A reason to bring the Queen of Thornes back. If he gets a trial by combat we get an excuse for Clyburn's Frankenmountain to make an appearance. All sorts of storylines and motivations brought on by this.

If you watch the second trailer carefully (the wheel one) you can see Loras's "trial". Cersei, Tommen, Marg, and Oleanna are all there while Loras charges someone and is restrained. I'm assuming it is that guy he was sleeping with on the show. So he will be found guilty and killed (probably in a trial by combat -- he doesn't need a champion, he can defend himself). Cersei is arrested and has her walk of shame like in the books.

Screenshot_2015-05-06-13-15-51_zpspa6e6j

Are we sure that Loras is actually even hurt in the books? I think that is a big "gotcha" waiting to happen if you also buy into the whole Grand Tyrell Conspiracy thing.

I don't think he was. Aurane Waters is the only one who tells Cersei this. I think it is all part of the Tyrell plot.

I don't think he was. Aurane Waters is the only one who tells Cersei this. I think it is all part of the Tyrell plot.

Okay, I was thinking it was only someone telling that they'd been told Loras had been injured in the siege and that we "don't have a body" as it were.

Loras will go on trial for sexual perversion and Margaery having stormed the keep of Dragonstone is too injured to fight for her defenseless brother. Being a member of the royal family via proxy rule seven in the Charter of Cersei Amendments, Loras can only be defended by a knight of the Kingsguard. Yet he has had sex with all but Jaime Lannister, also suspiciously absent! Ergo, he must be defended by Ser Olivar Brothele known in his 15th year as "the prostitute," hastily knighted and promoted to the Kingsguard by her loving grace Cersei Lannister after the death of Ser Meryn Trant to some child in Braavos. The Faith choose their champion Ser Gregor Clegane, we didn't change his name because you might forget or be confused. Olivar is slain as his offer for oral is rejected via greatsword through throat. Loras is forced to walk the streets of Kingslanding naked before staggering to the Red Keep where he is executed by a Sand Snake because the Sand Snakes are COOOL YO!

Mace is slightly bemused in Braavos as he isn't sure if his only children's deaths are an honor or a really high honor! AS HIGH AS HONOR! OMG I'M LORD OF THE EYRIE NOW TOO? I have to tell Mother!

This is so great. You should have added /spoilers though. You just gave away the rest of the season.

Possibility 1

In the book, Cersei has Margaery arrested and then the tables are turned on her and she is arrested. I think this will likely happen towards the end of this season.

Possibility 2

Loras demands a trial by fight. Cersei chooses her Freakish Frankenstein that Qyburn has been working on as her champion or the High Sparrow chooses Lancel. Either way I think Loras survives all of this, after all now a days every show has to have a homosexual in the plot. Even though in the book Loras is much more complex character and barely mentions his sexuality.

I believe Lancel is going to tell on Cersei. He has already shown remorse and its logical he wants to come clean with the Faith. That's how Cersei get arrested. Loras' arrest will bring the balance of power to the Tyrells, and the conflict between the roses and the lions is what will bring Kevan Lannister back to King's Landing. In Episode 9, Cersei will do her walk-of-shame and in Episode 10, Kevan will receive a message from "Pycelle".

Is probably that, if Loras is really wounded and dies in the books, show-Loras is killed by the Faith. Maybe killed by FrankGregor.

I believe Lancel is going to tell on Cersei. He has already shown remorse and its logical he wants to come clean with the Faith. That's how Cersei get arrested. Loras' arrest will bring the balance of power to the Tyrells, and the conflict between the roses and the lions is what will bring Kevan Lannister back to King's Landing. In Episode 9, Cersei will do her walk-of-shame and in Episode 10, Kevan will receive a message from "Pycelle".

Is probably that, if Loras is really wounded and dies in the books, show-Loras is killed by the Faith. Maybe killed by FrankGregor.

Why would the High Sparrow believe a homosexual he believes is the incarnate of sin that Cersei and Jaime produced Tommen? Especially when she gave him the powers by actually going to him and asking for him to cleanse sin from the city?

Why would the High Sparrow believe a homosexual he believes is the incarnate of sin that Cersei and Jaime produced Tommen? Especially when she gave him the powers by actually going to him and asking for him to cleanse sin from the city?

Loras is the gay knight, Lancel is the dude who slept with Cersei.

ETA: But I think neither of them could have proof for the Cersei/ Jaime/ Tommen thing. So what Lancel can tell them is that she slept with him, her cousin.

Loras is the gay knight, Lancel is the dude who slept with Cersei.

ETA: But I think neither of them could have proof for the Cersei/ Jaime/ Tommen thing. So what Lancel can tell them is that she slept with him, her cousin.

Wow I completely blanked on that. Sorry. I read Loras not Lancel. I think I was in the sun too long. :drunk:

This post was more entertaining than the last 2 books.

Possibility 1

In the book, Cersei has Margaery arrested and then the tables are turned on her and she is arrested. I think this will likely happen towards the end of this season.

Possibility 2

Loras demands a trial by fight. Cersei chooses her Freakish Frankenstein that Qyburn has been working on as her champion or the High Sparrow chooses Lancel. Either way I think Loras survives all of this, after all now a days every show has to have a homosexual in the plot. Even though in the book Loras is much more complex character and barely mentions his sexuality.

The corollary to this being how hard it is to do "bad" things to female characters. It seems likely this whole thing with the Sparrow will turn back around on Cersei in the show since she gets in trouble in the books. The walk of shame for her seems a given. (Or do they throw a bone to Tommen and subject Loras to it for his release?)

I just wonder if the writers are brave enough to risk the criticism that will come from "slut-shaming" Cersei. (I tend to think Sansa is "safe" in Winterfell for a similar reason. There is generally a pretty serious freak out when a woman character gets sexually assaulted outside of a Law&Order episode.) But there was the Cersei and Jaimie in the Sept scene.

Won't the fate of Loras somewhat hinge on what kind of mess they want to make in King's Landing? How evil and how much of a problem to they want to make these Sparrows? Are they meant to bring anarchy to King's Landing to make Dany's arrival that of a savior?

I hope he dies. I'm tired of his character being one big gay joke. He was my favourite Tyrell in the books but Show!Loras needs to be put out of his misery.

That actually may not be a bad twist. Bring Kings Landing on the brink of war between Tyrell and Lannister. Kevin steps in and begins to make progress toward a peace..and then...

That actually may not be a bad twist. Bring Kings Landing on the brink of war between Tyrell and Lannister. Kevin steps in and begins to make progress toward a peace..and then...

Sansa had thoughts in ASOS about a civil war between the Tyrells and Lannisters in King's Landing. We also saw some of this in ADWD with half the guardsmen in the throne room being Lannister and the other half being Tyrell.

It seems Olenna goes straight to the High Sparrow to discuss releasing Loras and he rebuffs her with that "you are the few we are the many" line. I really can't imagine what Olenna will do to the High Sparrow - given what she was able to do to the King..

Archived