[BOOK SPOILERS] Loras

That actually may not be a bad twist. Bring Kings Landing on the brink of war between Tyrell and Lannister. Kevin steps in and begins to make progress toward a peace..and then...

I'm sorry but not even Ser Kevan can wave a magic wand to make peace with House Tyrell if their heir is actually killed. This would mean just an out-and-out bloodbath in KL (which, yes, Sansa once predicted in the books).

Loras getting whacked early would explain why Euron and such don't seem to be in the series. Euron's whole steez seems to be taking apart the Reach. If Loras dies and Margaery gets into trouble as well, who needs the Ironborn?

I have been completely unable to figure out why Cersei had Loras arrested - for the second time this season I gave her the Missing Intelligence Award, this time in a tie with Ellaria and the Sand Snakes. Here are some extracts from my recap, which I wrote scene-by-scene as I was watching it (censored just in case):

"So who does she want to have arrested? I honestly don’t know. Let me think for a bit. No, I’m drawing a blank on that. Based on the previews it could be Loras although that makes absolutely no sense. Then again, there are already many adaptation choices this season that fall into that category."

"****** ****! I’ve actually managed to accurately predict another act of stupidity by the writers, with Cersei getting her own fiancé arrested even though the Tyrells are a powerful and influential family who are married to the crown."

"She should be doing everything in order to placate the Tyrells, instead, she arrests almost the most important one of all: Loras, heir to Highgarden. Not only that but she arrested him for no good reason! Just wait until granny finds out!"

I also said something about her being a tad hypocritical.

I have been completely unable to figure out why Cersei had Loras arrested - for the second time this season I gave her the Missing Intelligence Award, this time in a tie with Ellaria and the Sand Snakes. Here are some extracts from my recap, which I wrote scene-by-scene as I was watching it (censored just in case):

"So who does she want to have arrested? I honestly don’t know. Let me think for a bit. No, I’m drawing a blank on that. Based on the previews it could be Loras although that makes absolutely no sense. Then again, there are already many adaptation choices this season that fall into that category."

"****** ****! I’ve actually managed to accurately predict another act of stupidity by the writers, with Cersei getting her own fiancé arrested even though the Tyrells are a powerful and influential family who are married to the crown."

"She should be doing everything in order to placate the Tyrells, instead, she arrests almost the most important one of all: Loras, heir to Highgarden. Not only that but she arrested him for no good reason! Just wait until granny finds out!"

I also said something about her being a tad hypocritical.

She didn't want to marry him, but the Tyrell alliance was still important. She figures that if she gets him arrested by the Faith - an institution outside of Cersei herself - she won't have to go through with it.

Yeah it makes no sense to anybody with a brain, but this is Cersei we're talking about.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived