[Book Spoilers Inc WoW Chapters] Ser Barristan Selmy

Actually she didn't.

Your grace, not slave soldiers please.

Your grace we must exercise restraint

Your grace the masters will take advantage of this

Ignored..

Look, I think you are a Dany fan. No probz with that. But you atleast got to admit she is a bad queen and (little arrogant) at the moment. (Until Barristan's death).

I hope she changes

Your grace, not slave soldiers please.

Your grace we must exercise restraint

Your grace the masters will take advantage of this

Ignored..

Look, I think you are a Dany fan. No probz with that. But you atleast got to admit she is a bad queen and (little arrogant) at the moment. (Until Barristan's death).

I hope she changes

Selmy advised her to give the son of the harpy a fair trial. She listened and agreed. So yes you are wrong, she didn't ignore him every time.

Selmy advised her to give the son of the harpy a fair trial. She listened and agreed. So yes you are wrong, she didn't ignore him every time.

She only listened to him because he told her the limits of Aerys justice went far each time.

Also she did NOT give the guy who killed the harpy a fair trial.

A fair trial is what you saw in KL for Tyrion.

She always considered Barristan to be too much of a pacifist.

She only listened to him because he told her the limits of Aerys justice went far each time.

Also she did NOT give the guy who killed the harpy a fair trial.

A fair trial is what you saw in KL for Tyrion.

She always considered Barristan to be too much of a pacifist.

Tyrion pled not guilty. Mossador confessed. It's not all that different than happens in our world honestly. People who plead guilty don't get trials, all that's worked out is sentencing.

What? People who plead not guilty are given trials. Isnt That how you try to prove you did not do it?

Anyway.. what I meant is you shouldnt take decisions on your own ever. You must have an audience, somme for, some against etc.

I think that is a kind of system Baristan asked her to establish.

My post said people people who plead guilty don't get trials.

Actually what happened is really pretty typical of our world. People who plead guilty are sentenced by one judge. That's it.

I'm not defending Dany's sentence, that was utter idiocy. There is a reason that mercy exists in the law. I'm just saying that what happened isn't equatable to Tyrion's trial on his guilt or innocence.

ETA: Sorry I should have been clear - I'm talking about the U.S. system.

My post said people people who plead guilty don't get trials.

Actually what happened is really pretty typical of our world. People who plead guilty are sentenced by one judge. That's it.

I'm not defending Dany's sentence, that was utter idiocy. There is a reason that mercy exists in the law. I'm just saying that what happened isn't equatable to Tyrion's trial on his guilt or innocence.

ETA: Sorry I should have been clear - I'm talking about the U.S. system.

It took me sometime to get what you were saying.

Lol, turned out you replied before I edited my post :)

SOTH are based on the KKK. This is important because some posters on this thread seem to think the SOTH henchmen are former slaves and others describe them as noblemen. The Klan had many members who were governors, senators and wealthy planters, but the men who did all the lynchings and burning were poor white folk. SOTH probably have many rich people in leadership.

Hizdar: He is young and poor.

Mossador: He is born free.

. . .

Dany: Perhaps the only thing that gave him pride was knowing there was someone lower than he was.

Barry will die in the books. In his last chapter, Ned curses 9 characters including him. 4 are dead in the books and now 5 in the show. All of those still alive in both media, Cersei, Jamie, Varys and LF are in trouble. Cersei dies in Maggy's prophesy, and she's on Arya's list. Jamie is probably in the custody of an undead crazy person who hates his ass in a big way. He also had a dream in which the bloodline of Lann the Clever is extinguished. All I have for Varys is that some say Arya will cut his head off. LF of course carries the curse of King Harren. In addition, The Ghost of High Heart prophesied that Sansa will kill him.

Barristan the Old was the one character on the list who might have survived, despite his seniority. Now I'm sure he won't.

The reason he died so soon is because tyrion is taking his role before the end of the season. I have seen some cast / shooting photos where tyrion is setting right next to dany like he is an adviser to her now it seems not a prisoner.

• 1 month later...

Archived