[BOOK SPOILERS] Scenes you wish you could rewrite

EXT. BOAT - DAY

Jorah hefts Tyrion into the air, tosses him overboard. He watches the water. Waits until the bubbles stop frothing to the surface.

Jorah smiles to himself. He sits back down, uncorks a skin of wine and drinks deep. Off he sails to Meereen and his queen. In the b.g., shark fins circle the spot where Tyrion sank.

That scene was so badly written that it would be an improvement, if they let Nym and Tyene have some lesbian action in the background as a distraction.

Jesus, don't give them ideas...

It would've been glorious if Areo Hotah showed up with the Dornish army right after Obara's speech and was like "Um....no." Snap cut to a prison cell door slamming shut and Ellaria with the (three!) Sand Snakes looking all sad and bummed they didn't get any more screen time.

That'd be worth an emmy right there.

I honestly think they missed the perfect opportunity to show Sansa as not being a total fool for LF's plans. It would have been near perfect for her to have wiped her mouth after LF turns and walks away. Instead she stands there with that expressionless face. Heck, she even closed her eyes for the kiss. Just an opinion.

Sons of the Harpy "ambushing" the unsullied patrol. Lure the patrol into a trap, have them outnumbered, have the element of surprise, get slaughtered like the mythic peasent levies of westeros. Epic fail right there. Also, unsullied patrolling the streets with spears. Spear is a battlefield weapon, normally used in formations. Short sword should have been their weapon of choice there.

I get the show writers needed an action scene. It is a good idea actually. But the way it is delivered is amateurish. Involving Barristan in it is a bit pointless too.

My version:

Dothraki patrol the streets with a logical close quarters weapon. Sons of the Harpy lure them into a trap. Ambush them on both sides. (Optional: Use ranged weapons and put the unsullied into a crossfire and kill the entire patrol, with 1 or 2 losses at most.) But since those ambushers are not an actual military branch such human stupidity can be allowed. At least be victorious in the end. No Barristan involved. Save his badass scenes for his coup that hopefully will happen later on.

Why would you do this terrible thing? Have you READ these forums? Trying to get people here to get coherent, non-shit dialogue that would ever even slightly work on tv is like encouraging Helen Keller to try and play real-life frogger. The end result is just gonna be incredibly sad, making you wonder why, if God does exist, he'd let such awful things happen.

Where to start?

As egregious as turning the dignified, respected Faith Militant into sadistic cultists smashing property and slaughtering people in the streets was, I'd probably say Sansa and Littlefinger. I would have given her more lines to explain how her father felt about the tournament. "Father said that's when all the smiles died." Sure, Ned would not have been that open with his feelings, but it would have at least given the story more emotion and meaning as opposed to being yet another piece of gossip for Littlefinger.

Why would you do this terrible thing? Have you READ these forums? Trying to get people here to get coherent, non-shit dialogue that would ever even slightly work on tv is like encouraging Helen Keller to try and play real-life frogger. The end result is just gonna be incredibly sad, making you wonder why, if God does exist, he'd let such awful things happen.

:agree:

Archived