Bakker XXXVI: The Horror of Threads to Come

Madness

I may be losing it...

My four year old son was taking his good sweet time getting out of the shower, so I told him no TV before bed... He started to whine, so I (playfully) yelled at him "No weepers on the slog!!!!"

:blushing:

I may be losing it...

My four year old son was taking his good sweet time getting out of the shower, so I told him no TV before bed... He started to whine, so I (playfully) yelled at him "No weepers on the slog!!!!"

:blushing:

Nah,your good brother. When me and the kids wrestle of a night, my daughter (5) says, "Daddy do your Noir Kikoka, pleeeaaaase!". I let out a big warcry and say, "My name is Cnaüir urs Skiötha, and I am the Breaker of Horses and Men!". Then I proceed to go Ultimate Warrior on them. I feel like a beast and they absolutely love it.

Why haven't Bakker released that chapter yet, anyway? I thought he was waiting until the final final version of the manuscript was done?

I heard the rest of the Ishual chapter, don't know. And, I believe I heard somewhere that Madness advise against it because there are a bunch of reveals in that chapter.

Why hasn't Bakker released that chapter yet, anyway? I thought he was waiting until the final final version of the manuscript was done?

The last update that I'm aware of was that he was waiting for the official release date. Only then will he part with a merest fraction.

Weak personality, Kalbear.

I also don't know what portion I would advocate sharing (if Bakker actually heeded anything I suggest about self-promotion). Definitely, his intended preview is too much information - for the fandom and for newcomers. The original preview was a good portion to pick.

And even in giving it some thought now - I just don't know. As I wrote in the "To Madness..." thread on SA, a lesser writer wouldn't have written PON at all and might have settled for TAE and TSTSNBN. Bakker has spent five books setting the stage for a truly awe-inspiring story and thus everything in VI is mind-wrenching. Again, from Quorum and then "To Madness..." thread, it's the maddening way Bakker's assembled the pieces he's given us over five volumes.

The idea of it being somehow too much info for a preview only makes me more curious!

But looking back to preview chapters for other series', I couldn't remember any that are truly revelatory; that stuff is usually left for the book. What we did get is pretty awesome, actually: the first appearance (in the books, at least) of a major character! And it definitely left me wanting more. So maybe it's a good choice after all?

"Maddening" is a good word to describe everything about this series.

Archived