Bakker XXXVI: The Horror of Threads to Come

Madness

Thanks for the info - I'll send one to both and hopefully that counts as three if Orbit start asking on our behalf.

With these kinds of things I wish the publishers would at least hand the rights back.

Just to throw in a crackpot theory-of-the-day, what if Chorae are blind-spots to the No-God?

Evidence of this?

Well, coincidentally (and by that I mean, no way it's a coincidence) the two places that "survive" the Apocalypse are Atrithau and Sakarpus. Atrithau is built on Anarcane ground and Sakarpus has the Chorae Hoard. They survived because the No-God could not see them to marshal all the constructs against them.

In addition, that's why the carapace is covered in them and why he is constantly asking, "What do you see?" It was purposely made blind to itself, so it could not discern it's own nature.

I don't think so MSJ,

I assume Eyeore to be a reference to a very sad little donkey. Akka also claims he is a spy in the first book (a role which is not inconsiderably built upon) and then we actually see no examples of Akka spying.

Well yes, and you are hardly a spy if every character you encounter knows you are a spy or you tell them you are a spy. That's effectively a complete and categorical textual refutation of the claim to spyhood.

Archived