Bakker XXXVI: The Horror of Threads to Come

Madness

Didn't Madness already confrim that accidentally?

Is that a running gag around here? It would seem one could complete an entire novel by piecing together the random bits from TUC Madness has "accidentally" let slip over the years.

What if Seswatha is actually a time-traveling Kellhus? hmmm

Too much of a hack writer.

In all the dreams all the characters are fairly two dimensional and simplistic. Took me ages to realise this is because Seswatha has photoshopped the dreams and isn't that good a writer.

SNIP

So in this theory, is it completely Moe's spirit or soul just transferred into Cnaiur's body? Is there any Cnauir left other than the physical form? Is this new Moe/Nayu hybrid attracted to itself and the world's first truly self-moving soul?

I'm trying to figure out how Caniur's passion would be useful if it's Moe's Dunyain intellect that's in there.

So in this theory, is it completely Moe's spirit or soul just transferred into Cnaiur's body? Is there any Cnauir left other than the physical form? Is this new Moe/Nayu hybrid attracted to itself and the world's first truly self-moving soul?

I'm trying to figure out how Caniur's passion would be useful if it's Moe's Dunyain intellect that's in there.

Triskan, you really believe I know how this shit works? LOL. But, didn't they say in their Dûnyain convo, that passion is what he lacked to become a powerful Chisaurim? I'm just assuming that's Moe took the bits he needed. Cnaüir's body and passion. If a Dûnyain was capable of feeling, passion, etc, etc then who knows what his intellect could add. I was just Nerdaneling, man! :)

ETA: And the swazond was part of what healed them and made them whole. That's why we get no references to Meppa having any scarring. And I'm sure all those souls goes along way in adding to Meppa's powers too.

.H., so this is just Seswatha's benjuka plate, right?

Yeah, he has controlled the flow of information from the past to the "present." I actually believe that he made up the Celmomian Prophecy, as a way to fulfill his own plan.

Seswatha is a huge manipulator. Seswatha's Heart is what guides the Mandate, not his brain. What comes from the heart? The Dreams as presented to the Mandate aren't factual articles, they are feelings. They aren't questioned by the dreamers, because they have the air of experiential articles. As Akka has began to doubt though, the dreams have taken on a seemingly more factual air, or it seems.

If the Heart is the seat of the soul and all thoughts originate from the soul then does this mean the Heart is the seat of all thoughts?

If so what implications does this have - for both Seswatha and for Serwe? When Kellhus pulled out Serwes heart was this another form of the Grasping?

In Earwa thoughts originate from the soul, so I assume do passions, how could these be separated?

Probably something to do with this,

“But souls are exceedingly complicated,” he continued. “Far more so than the crude sorceries used to trap them. The intricacies of identity are always sheared away. Memory. Faculty. Character. These are cast into the pit... Only the most base urges survive in proxies.”

Although I’m not sure if this fits Meppa’s case, or even Shae’s.

Poor old Madness, Criticised for what he does say and for what he doesn't.

Actually, I applaud Madness. If it was me that was trusted with The Unholy of Unholies, we'd all have no need to wait for discussion. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. And, he never truly confirmed anything, but, let's say he just stopped himself awfully quick and took off in another direction.

ETA: SR, I believe you was on that podcast. You've been on all of them, right? When we getting another?

https://rsbakker.wordpress.com/2015/06/20/in-the-shadow-of-summer/

And lastly, things keep dragging on with my publishers regarding The Unholy Consult. My delay turning the manuscript in and the quick turnover of editorial staff in the industry means that no one was up to speed on the series–but six months on from submission, and still we have no word. My fear (not my agent’s) is that they might be re-evaluating their commitment to the series–the way all publishers are reviewing their commitments to their midlist authors. I know for a fact that other publishers are interested in snapping the series up, so there’s no need to organize a wake, but who knows what kind of delay would result. Perhaps shooting them emails explaining why they should believe this series will continue growing might help? I dunno.

Not fucking cool. The wait has been too long already.

EDIT:

No word on new TSACasts, MSJ, mostly because the regulars haven't had the time to coordinate and I'm useless as anything except a moderator in those contexts. It just takes any interested fans getting together via whatever medium they choose. I'm always down to be involved or help facilitate, though.

Also - the general plying of Madness from the Westerosi is seriously lacking. I had already given up participating here months before I recieved the Unmentionable. The only thing that really bothers me about the whole experience is that I won't participate at SA until publication.

Overlook I believe.

Interestingly, it appears that Bakker kept the rights to publish the series elsewhere, which is relatively rare for contracts these days (leading to some authors being unable to publish their series and/or resell the books if dropped). I sincerely hope this is not the case, though, as that would put us at least another 2+ years from TUC.

Looks like Bakker is still working, though... wonder what the novella is about?

Archived