Bakker XXXVI: The Horror of Threads to Come

Madness

Chances are good that the people who first receive any of our messages, tweets, or whatevers, would probably not have any idea who or what we are even talking about.

I think we just need to keep buzzing them, so eventually those people might actually tell someone who can make a difference.

I emailed them for my part even though I am not too enthusiastic about two or three dozen emails making much of a difference.

Yeah, I’m worried that this is going to backfire in the sense that Overlook will look at this and say “so Bakker asks his readers to email us about TUC and we receive some 7-12 emails and a few tweets? This guy really has no readers after all...”

eta: Also, I think Bakker has some readers here (possibly many...) who don’t necessarily keep up with this thread. So if you really wanted to push this you might want to start a new thread. Just saying. Someone started that thread and I think it was deleted so scratch that.

Yeah, I’m worried that this is going to backfire in the sense that Overlook will look at this and say “so Bakker asks his readers to email us about TUC and we receive some 7-12 emails and a few tweets? This guy really has no readers after all...”

Nah - smart businessmen know for every letter they get, there are about ten times that that people would send but didn't get around to in their busy lives - and ten times that of people who care about the matter, but aren't the letter writing sort to begin with.

eta: Also, I think Bakker has some readers here (possibly many...) who dont necessarily keep up with this thread. So if you really wanted to push this you might want to start a new thread. Just saying. Someone started that thread and I think it was deleted so scratch that.

So it's no longer a joke.

This thread truly had been closed off from the Outside.

Yeah I didn't even catch the thread, but I dont see why it would go against the ToS or rules, unless it was worded poorly? Or had personal info in it? well I didn't get a chance to read it so I dunno. It's late and I'm ranting. Maybe try asking a mod in pm, they don't like it when this stuff comes up in threads. Wait...

hmm, that last thread got deleted meaning I don't have the answer to my query and now I'm concerned if I ask it again, this thread would be deleted. Bakker would be proud of this dilemna.

If I were to send a polite email to a publisher is it better to send it to the one based in my home country (whom I'd be buying the book from) or to the US publisher. Or both? I could see how the US publisher could care less if they don't have distribution rights for my part of the world.

hmm, that last thread got deleted meaning I don't have the answer to my query and now I'm concerned if I ask it again, this thread would be deleted. Bakker would be proud of this dilemna.

If I were to send a polite email to a publisher is it better to send it to the one based in my home country (whom I'd be buying the book from) or to the US publisher. Or both? I could see how the US publisher could care less if they don't have distribution rights for my part of the world.

Someone said that Orbit(UK) hands were tied until Overlook(US) got the book edited and all that good stuff. Don't quote me on that, but I believe that was said earlier. So yea, email Overlook or Orbit or both. I don't see what could hurt.

While the UK publisher technically can't do anything till the US publisher has moved, the UK publisher could theoretically put pressure on their US partner.

Archived