[Book Spoilers] Speculation on title of episode - double meaning?

In addition to Aemon telling Jon to kill his inner boy, I'm hoping the episode ends with a younger version of Merritt Frey encountering Lady Stoneheart, who rasps, "Kill the boy." Then maybe she can send someone to kill Ollie as a bonus.

Meanwhile, Littlefinger the Brain-Damaged Bat-Pimp can plot against Robin, even though it would mean an end to his claim on the Vale. Making moves that seem to work against his own interest, and all that.

But seriously, no matter how slim the odds are, I'm hoping we'll get Lady Stoneheart for Mothers' Day.

Jon becoming the LC with a hard decision and Aemon dying

Tommen being pressured by Marge to become a man. The only way she can rule through him is if he has some semblance of power. The Faith shattered some of the illusion.

Trystane...don't ask me why, but I think the Sand Snakes and Cruella De Ellaria decide they also want to kill him because he loves Myrcella legitimately and to show Doran what's what.

No. No no no no no. I can't see her killing an innocent. I know technically Walda is a Frey...but killing an unborn child? She's still her father's daughter.

I don't want to spoil your fun, but you are still trying to follow the book logic. D&D threw the books out of the window. So, in their minuscule brains killing an unborn child of Roose would be tit for tat as far as Robb's unborn child is concerned.

Maybe it is implied that Ramsay plans to kill Walda's son. However, I don't believe it since the show lost its ability to do subtlety, so things can't be implied. Maybe he will say it out loud next episode or somehow in this one.

I don't want to spoil your fun, but you are still trying to follow the book logic. D&D threw the books out of the window. So, in their minuscule brains killing an unborn child of Roose would be tit for tat as far as Robb's unborn child is concerned.

Did she know that robb's wife was pregnant?

What do you do if you lose your maester ? They never seem to have a back up, tho Stannis did in the books, the Boltons seem maesterless.

Are there medics, other 'doctor' types, GRRM never explains. Does he?

Write to the Citadel and tell them you need a new one. Really, that's not a joke.

But in the case of the NW, I don't know if it's customary to find a maester to take the black, or to send a brother to become a maester. Maester Aemon had already trained at the Citadel when he took the black, but Sam obviously was already a sworn brother when Jon shipped him off to Oldtown in the books. So I guess it can go either way

Lots of interesting posts. I'll have to admit that this thread has given me one of the rarest opportunities to read all of them before I post - usually there're are umpteen posts by the time I get there.

I think the title refers to Jon's 'killing the boy' in him as book Mormont told him early on, by giving Tormund status by enlisting his aid in handling the Willings. That's already been set up in an episode before when Jon told Stannis that the Wildlings would only follow one of their own. So we see Jon moving forward with what he sees as wise even though it will be making him enemies in the Watch. I know they were filming in a location for Hard Home, so it may be that sending a rescue party there will be another nail in his coffin a la killing the 'boy commander'. Not sure IRC but doesn't Jon send Alliser Thorne to lead the expedition to Hard Home?

Other than that, I guess it could also be Ramsay killing unborn Roose Jr, as the book notes Roose realizes Ramsay would kill any natural-born son he had. Not sure about Sansa, but we do know she's totally embittered by now and accepted LF's plot to marry a Bolton specifically to avenge her family. It does look like Brienne will come on the scene in this episode. However, on a side note: Just imagine Roose doing the shag with Fat Walda! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not sure of the paragraph above re Ramsay, however, as the second episode showed us very little of THBW, even though that was the title. So, it may just be Jon killing the boy within. I do bet, though, that's it's Maester Aemon who delivers that line, such a good one, since Mormont didn't.

ET correct grammar, for clarity.

Honestly, many of the show episode titles could be interpreted to have several meanings.

This show title to book readers seems very obvious:

Maester Aemon is going to die but not before giving very sage advice to Jon Snow about his future as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

But other possibilities exist, my guess:

At some point, we are going to see the innocence and hero worship light in lil' Olly's eyes go out when he finally gets disillusioned with Jon. Thus, the boy in him is killed.

Boy, you really hit the nail on the head hahah.

I expect them to have Jon write the Citadel for a master. Since they've shown Sam doing research in the Castle Black library.

You know, a thought just came to me. When Randall Tarly told Sam he had to take the black or he'd be killed, why didn't Sam just offer to become a maester instead? They also surrender all titles and lands. I don't think Randall would have minded.

So many boys to kill:

Roose telling Ramsey he almost killed him

Ramsey wanting Walda's child dead.

Reek apologizing for "killing" Bran and Rickon

Daenerys channeling her father killing the other Brandon Stark (ok, this one is stretching the meaning of kill the boy)

So many boys to kill:

Roose telling Ramsey he almost killed him

Ramsey wanting Walda's child dead.

Reek apologizing for "killing" Bran and Rickon

Yes and Jorah, Mormont's boy is now pretty much fucked.

Archived