Bolt-On Theory- Roose is an immortal creature wearing other people's skin.

The first time I heard this theory I immediately thought "that's stupid" but it keeps growing on me. I just started a re-re-re-read with the plan to keep an eye out for A+J=T and Bolt-On stuff. Normally I'd say that I prefer the idea of him just being a creepy human, but for some reason I'm hoping this one is in some way true.

This has as much or more textual "evidence" as a lot of theories that I hear on here.

Love to see a link to what you are talking about Wavey Sauce.

The first time I heard this theory I immediately thought "that's stupid" but it keeps growing on me. I just started a re-re-re-read with the plan to keep an eye out for A+J=T and Bolt-On stuff. Normally I'd say that I prefer the idea of him just being a creepy human, but for some reason I'm hoping this one is in some way true.

This has as much or more textual "evidence" as a lot of theories that I hear on here.

Love to see a link to what you are talking about Wavey Sauce.

Actually the world of ice and fire book was one of the big reveals that looks like that Tyrion is a targ and makes it seem very likely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4DBiY-ej0

more towards the end they go over some of the shot down theories etc (dan and linda to)

Cleganebowl another one shot down sadly

Tywin marries Joanna In 263 AC. Not long thereafter, Queen Rhaella dismissed Joanna from her service and Joanna departed to Casterly Rock. Jaime and Cersei were born in 266 AC so it's safe to say that they belong to Tywin. In 272 AC Joanna brought jaime and Cersei to Kings Landing for the Aerys' 10th year anniversary tourney. The King humiliated Joanna by basically saying she had saggy breasts now almost forcing Tywin to resign. In 273 AC Tyrion was born. The timeline works for Tyrion but that's about it

Agh, since the threads back up, something interesting Queen of dragonstone pointed out in a thread

Ser Aenys shook his head stubbornly. "You do not know the Lannisters as we do, my lord. King Stannis thought that Lord Tywin was a thousand leagues away as well, and it undid him."
The pale man in the bed smiled faintly as the leeches nursed of his blood. "I am not a man to be undone, ser."

Maybe nothing, just interesting

Actually the world of ice and fire book was one of the big reveals that looks like that Tyrion is a targ and makes it seem very likely

more towards the end they go over some of the shot down theories etc (dan and linda to)

Dude, that's a two hour long video. Your going to need to narrow the time down a bit more, because "towards the end" is very, very vague,
Plus, is this being shot down by Martin, or fans? Because if it's the latter, it's not shot down

Dude, that's a two hour long video. Your going to need to narrow the time down a bit more, because "towards the end" is very, very vague,
Plus, is this being shot down by Martin, or fans? Because if it's the latter, it's not shot down

My thoughts exactly. "Watch the video" isn't exactly what I wanted to hear.

Agh, since the threads back up, something interesting Queen of dragonstone pointed out in a thread Maybe nothing, just interestingDude, that's a two hour long video. Your going to need to narrow the time down a bit more, because "towards the end" is very, very vague,

Then read the GRRM replies if you cant sit still for 10-15 min

I think, if you are going to say GRRM specifically shot down a theory then you should be prepared to back that up with some specific information. Like, this video at the 1:41 mark. Because I watched the last 30 minutes of that terrible video and did not see any mention of the bolton's. i watched part of the video series on their website about the bolton, but couldn't get through it because the quality was horrible. So I agree: more specificity to back up a pretty surprising claim.

I think, if you are going to say GRRM specifically shot down a theory then you should be prepared to back that up with some specific information. Like, this video at the 1:41 mark. Because I watched the last 30 minutes of that terrible video and did not see any mention of the bolton's. i watched part of the video series on their website about the bolton, but couldn't get through it because the quality was horrible. So I agree: more specificity to back up a pretty surprising claim.

I said towards the end.

And also with the elio and linda

and to the other guy with the GRRM, I assume you have heard of google

I said towards the end.

And also with the elio and linda

and to the other guy with the GRRM, I assume you have heard of google

Im not a guy, and yes I do know of Google. So let me tell you something about it, it's very large and "grrm replies" doesn't narrow anything down. Same goes for "I said towards the end".
And allow me to clear something up, Elio and Linda have said they don't ask or know about what's going to happen in the future for ASOIAF. They get to read the book before it comes it out, but that's it. Them shooting down a theory isnt that different from any other fan shooting down a theory. They'd have a better say, since they've worked with GRRM, but in the end, they're not the authors (edit) they're fans just like the rest of us.

I don't see how Roose can be an immortal in human skin.  First, there aren't any other 'immortals' in the GoT Universe other than the Others who supposedly live for thousands of years, and who aren't alive and dont reproduce.  Originally I thought this idea could have some merit until thinking about the fact that Roose has children, he fathered Ramsay and he also fathered a new baby with Walda.   Others cant have children so unless Roose is something other than a... well... Other, then I think its a bit of a stretch to say that he's some other form of immortal that there is no basis to support even exists in ASoIaF.  *Edit - Children of the Forest I suppose qualify but I dont think Roose is one of those either :P*

Nah, something's way off with the whole Bolton crew.   In this story where the Starks had a small family of only 5 (6) kids and the Hightowers have 10 no one continues their line with 1 child.   I say Roose is eating his young and is the Rat King incarnate.  Stannis doesn't count.  He's not into procreation--his sexual activity is described as "doing his duty" every year or so.   Roose seems to enjoy Walda.  In fact, that's the only thing I can recall that Roose actually seems to enjoy at all.   I always thought this Bolt On theory was just silly, but there is no denying Roose's odd appearance, disquieting voice and creepy personality.  The deeper I dig into the Boltons the more open I become to Roose really being some sort of supernatural creature.   And flaying?  Egad.

Tywin marries Joanna In 263 AC. Not long thereafter, Queen Rhaella dismissed Joanna from her service and Joanna departed to Casterly Rock. Jaime and Cersei were born in 266 AC so it's safe to say that they belong to Tywin. In 272 AC Joanna brought jaime and Cersei to Kings Landing for the Aerys' 10th year anniversary tourney. The King humiliated Joanna by basically saying she had saggy breasts now almost forcing Tywin to resign. In 273 AC Tyrion was born. The timeline works for Tyrion but that's about it

The timeline might be the only thing that does work. Would he have said that before or after sleeping with her?

Also, what did they say with regards to Bolt-on? I'd be interested to hear GRRM's exact words on the subject.

Im not a guy, and yes I do know of Google. So let me tell you something about it, it's very large and "grrm replies" doesn't narrow anything down. Same goes for "I said towards the end".
And allow me to clear something up, Elio and Linda have said they don't ask or know about what's going to happen in the future for ASOIAF. They get to read the book before it comes it out, but that's it. Them shooting down a theory isnt that different from any other fan shooting down a theory. They'd have a better say, since they've worked with GRRM, but in the end, they're not the authors (edit) they're fans just like the rest of us.

Ok "girl" I wasnt even talking about you

I don't see how Roose can be an immortal in human skin.  First, there aren't any other 'immortals' in the GoT Universe other than the Others who supposedly live for thousands of years, and who aren't alive and dont reproduce.  Originally I thought this idea could have some merit until thinking about the fact that Roose has children, he fathered Ramsay and he also fathered a new baby with Walda.   Others cant have children so unless Roose is something other than a... well... Other, then I think its a bit of a stretch to say that he's some other form of immortal that there is no basis to support even exists in ASoIaF.  *Edit - Children of the Forest I suppose qualify but I dont think Roose is one of those either :P*

How do you know they can't reproduce? And who says they are not alive? The Night's King was said to marry a "wight" (which I can only interpret as an Other, since the wights don't seem to have minds anymore) and then fathered children on her and made sacrifices to the Others. If these sacrifices are like Craster's, that means sons left out in the woods.

So the NK and the Other Queen are about to leave their latest child as a sacrifice when Joruman and the King of Winter put an end to their reign. As the only surviving son of the NK, who was Lord Bolton before he took the black, then the son would become the new Lord Bolton. Then he simply fathers children on a series of human wives, kills the eldest son when he comes of age, assumes his skin and identity and lives on as the new Lord Bolton.

If Roose dies in the next two books and then Ramsey suddenly calms down and starts speaking in whispers and leaching himself, I'll consider this theory all but confirmed, SSM or no.

Why has he been sitting around the dreadfort for thousands of years?

Shouldn't he be, I dunno, emperor of the world or some shit?

My understanding of the theory, at least from Alt+Shift+X's review of it (and I at least halfway buy it), is that "Roose" switches bodies every so often to hide his immortality. Hence, the being currently known as "Roose" has always been the head of House Bolton, only using a different skin/name every 60 or 70 years. The reason that particular twist is appealing to Bolt-on believers is because it explains why he needs Ramsay as opposed to Domeric; Ramsay is said to have the same piercing blue eyes as Roose, and there's something about the eyes that the Roose-being needs to be able to switch hosts. 

Go see for yourself. Was one of the denied ones from pretty much GRRM himself. Same for Euron=Daario

Not an argument. You should provide at least link on a video and a minute if it is long.

If this is Elio interview about HIS PERSONAL opinion about some theories, which is not connected with what GRRM is writing, since he didn't spoil most part of TWoW, it won't work.

Archived