[Book Spoilers] An Analysis of Why the Sand Snakes' Introduction Fell Short

I take it English is not your first language?

Is that because you cannut wead? I'm sorry but where did my English mislead? Although your probably just trying to be the grammar police, because it makes you feel better about being an outsider to the native tongue?

I do admit my formulation has difficulty, fonts size, internet in this website, lack of employed editor.

Dude, seriously. It's not even the grammar.

One of a kind woot about the other 3? Maybe she was newly recruited into the same sister look alike brigade of the family of scorpions, children eaters, who haven't got any armies, because they foxfour girlpower it quite supernaturally considering where Oberyn liked to sleep.

My description is valid a general comparison into the final product shown not what she doesn't look like on the show.

Whatever making you disagree.

I wanted to see Dorne in exotic beauty which distinguished the Targaryens to intermingle outside of tradition within splendour. I had imagined Aladdin princesses diversely different from each other, corny I know. Not miss scary scarier scariest with the rest of her sisterhood looking like carbon copies of one another.

It honestly looks like you were drunk when you posted it.

Dude, seriously. It's not even the grammar.

It honestly looks like you were drunk when you posted it.

It read importantly within a description, the only concern when making a statement.

However because it makes you feel better about yourself, please let us have this discussion? The topic has changed into flames, so let us further digress.

A red tiger is of what origin?

Statistically the highest probable factor of those commenting when attempting to correct grammar are often those found to be within studies, or are from a different origin then that of spoken tongue. Psychologically profiling yourself to be found within which category? Because any majorities found, tend to be of a higher acceptance to the world's most spoken language.

Yeah, you are making it impossible for me to take you seriously, so there's not gonna be a discussion, moving on.

You hadn't asked about what you did not understand, you immediately flamed passing accusations.

I wasn't making an essay, I was passing a quick comment. I agree it might have read better within certain structured grammar. Whatever

Two wrongs don't make any right.

Sadly your ego still considers yourself to be better. Please stop thinking next time about any equality.

Do you teach English, do you write literature? So why hadn't you bothered to ask about what you did not comprehend? Because you had actually understood.

Good day to you

I really don't understand why Ellaria doens't want to do Queenmaker but rather just murder Myrcella... it is just as effective at making war, and is much more in line with Ellaria's characterization from S4.

I suppose they want Trystane to do Queenmaker, and are setting up a Trystane vs Ellaria fight over Myrcella... I just hope in the end Nym will join Trystane's camp so there's a bit more balance...

Look at how they introduced Oberyn Martell, that was the next best introduction of a character compared to Tywin Lannister. It is all about execution, acting and setup has to come together.

First of all the sand snakes acting was below par next the setup, they didn't give them a proper setup what was their motivation something that the audience could connect with good or bad.

Tywin was introduced as the lord of douche bags, but he did it such a bad ass fashion, you don't have to read the books in 5 minutes you knew who Tywin Lannister was and what he stood for. All it takes is five minutes of a great scene to introduced an awesome character.

Oberyn was at the brothel scene started with making your roll your eyes, but at the end with his fight with the Lannisters and his little chat with Tyrion we were introduced to a character who not only was a warrior but a man of honour and we understood his motivations.

Sand Snakes had no decent scene of why they are so upset. Oberyn martell died in a trial by combat, he was not murdered by the lannisters no one tricked him to take part it was his choice, by the rules of westeros it was not murder. Besides they spent a whole season establishing with Oberyn Martell that in Dorne they don't kill innocent girls, don't make kids pay for the mistakes for their parents, and also Oberyn did not want war with the Lannisters he wanted those punished for what they did to his sister. Not only that Obara story made no sense to me was why did she chose her father and why was she telling this story then, oberyn abandons her mother and now her mother is in tears and years later this stranger comes for her and she happily went with him WHYYYY. And why in gods name did they kill the captain of the ship, being a cold blooded murder is all fine I mean we all like Ramsay Bolton don't we but the sand snakes are supposedly fighting for justice so out of nowhere they kill a guy just to show how good her throwing arm is. BAD ACTING AND BAD SETUP AND OVERALL BAD SCENE.

Look at how they introduced Oberyn Martell, that was the next best introduction of a character compared to Tywin Lannister. It is all about execution, acting and setup has to come together.

First of all the sand snakes acting was below par next the setup, they didn't give them a proper setup what was their motivation something that the audience could connect with good or bad.

Tywin was introduced as the lord of douche bags, but he did it such a bad ass fashion, you don't have to read the books in 5 minutes you knew who Tywin Lannister was and what he stood for. All it takes is five minutes of a great scene to introduced an awesome character.

Oberyn was at the brothel scene started with making your roll your eyes, but at the end with his fight with the Lannisters and his little chat with Tyrion we were introduced to a character who not only was a warrior but a man of honour and we understood his motivations.

Sand Snakes had no decent scene of why they are so upset. Oberyn martell died in a trial by combat, he was not murdered by the lannisters no one tricked him to take part it was his choice, by the rules of westeros it was not murder. Besides they spent a whole season establishing with Oberyn Martell that in Dorne they don't kill innocent girls, don't make kids pay for the mistakes for their parents, and also Oberyn did not want war with the Lannisters he wanted those punished for what they did to his sister. Not only that Obara story made no sense to me was why did she chose her father and why was she telling this story then, oberyn abandons her mother and now her mother is in tears and years later this stranger comes for her and she happily went with him WHYYYY. And why in gods name did they kill the captain of the ship, being a cold blooded murder is all fine I mean we all like Ramsay Bolton don't we but the sand snakes are supposedly fighting for justice so out of nowhere they kill a guy just to show how good her throwing arm is. BAD ACTING AND BAD SETUP AND OVERALL BAD SCENE.

Well, it's clear that the women in that scene are not Mr Dance or Pedro when it comes to acting ability and on screen presence. Take the introduction of the High Sparrow this season as a contrast, there is a lot of screen presence and acting ability there.

Perhaps the biggest issue is SHIT AWFUL CASTING :D

It's only been mentioned recently in the thread but I thought the worst part of the scene was them torturing them and then murdering the captain, a man who actually provided them with useful information. This makes them as evil as anyone in the books, right up there with Gregor, Joffrey and Ramsay. I don't remember them being especially evil in the books. (It also makes zero sense to me - WHY???)

EDIT: This scene gets my vote for the worst scene of the episode, unless it turns out that Ser Barristan truly is dead, in which case the last scene was the worst one.

It's only been mentioned recently in the thread but I thought the worst part of the scene was them torturing them and then murdering the captain, a man who actually provided them with useful information. This makes them as evil as anyone in the books, right up there with Gregor, Joffrey and Ramsay. I don't remember them being especially evil in the books. (It also makes zero sense to me - WHY???)

EDIT: This scene gets my vote for the worst scene of the episode, unless it turns out that Ser Barristan truly is dead, in which case the last scene was the worst one.

It's been confirmed for a week now.

You hadn't asked about what you did not understand, you immediately flamed passing accusations.

I wasn't making an essay, I was passing a quick comment. I agree it might have read better within certain structured grammar. Whatever

Two wrongs don't make any right.

Sadly your ego still considers yourself to be better. Please stop thinking next time about any equality.

Do you teach English, do you write literature? So why hadn't you bothered to ask about what you did not comprehend? Because you had actually understood.

Good day to you

Hahahaha you are hilarious. I genuinely did not understand a single sentence.

My thoughts exactly. The dialogue is dumb, the acting is dumber but this? This is the worst part of it. This is fanfiction at it's very worst. It would be more acceptible if they included Satin and make him having sex with Jon.

The case of Barristan though? Well, it seems that the character has became completely irrelevant in the story now.

^Yup they made the Dorne women look like dishonorable and unreasonable bitches. Now they are the villians rather than the cool warrior maiden.

After they fucked up Asha, why did I even have any hopes for this?

Crackpot theory. They want every female character to look bad except Dany. :idea:

Or D & D just aren't good at female characters.

Crackpot theory. They want every female character to look bad except Dany. :idea:

Or D & D just aren't good at female characters.

It's not so crackpot - I think they want Dany to look more righteous and good than any other female character. She is definitely more heroic in show than in books. Why?

I think it's pretty obvious that Dany is going to bring some major pain at the end of this saga, that she is going to be 1 half of a majorly destructive force. The books are taking us on a slow journey of change with Dany, as she becomes the monster she was born to be. the show is just trying to hide it.

Wait until Dany and Jon really do 'team up' - Westeros is fucked :D The show just doesn't want us to have any clue until the last season.

Archived