Top 10 of characters based on words they said in GOT

nickwolf

I Count the words all the characters said so far.It includes all the episodes from the beginning.Top ten so far is

1.Tyrion Lannister 16504 words 2.Cersei Lannister 9402 words 3.Jaime Lannister 7166 words 4.Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish 6669 words 5.Daenerys Targaryen 6182 words 6.Tywin Lannister 6119 words 7.Jon Snow 5795 words 8.Lord Varys 5078 words 9.Theon Greyjoy 4354 words 10.Sansa Stark 4254 words

In episode 5 of fifth season winner was Jon Snow with 496 words.Ramsey Bolton was second with 491 words.Theon said his first words for season 5 and boltons wife said her first words generaly.Top ten so far are 1.Tyrion Lannister 16849 words 2.Cersei Lannister 9402 words 3.Jaime Lannister 7166 words 4.Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish 6669 words 5.Daenerys Targaryen 6496 words 6.Jon Snow 6283 words 7.Tywin Lannister 6119 words 8.Lord Varys 5078 words 9.Theon Greyjoy 4396 words 10.Sansa Stark 4315 words

winner of episode 6 was tyrion with 498 words.Also Arya had personal high score with 287 words.The first 10 so far are 1.Tyrion Lannister 17347 words, 2.Cersei Lannister 9848 words,3.Jaime Lannister 7227 words,4.Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish 7039 words,5.Daenerys Targaryen 6496 words 6.Jon Snow 6283 words, 7.Tywin Lannister 6119 words, 8.Lord Varys 5078 words,9.Theon Greyjoy 4473 words,10.Sansa Stark 4417 words.

I dont see how soem of those characters (Varys, Theon) could have more lines than Arya when she is a main character and has been in more episodes

Arya right now is 13th with 3914 words.She is close to theon but still far from varys.Theon is so high thanks to season 2 when he went to his home and then attacked winterfell.In season 2 only, theon had 2590 words.Theons words are season 1 859 words,season 2 2590 words,season 3 567 words,season 4 338 words and season 5 so far 119 words.Aryas numbers are 838,869,864,831 and 512 so far in season 5.You see that arya is stable but theon has his up and downs.

Anyway, this confirms (as if it was needed) that the showrunners have shifted the protagonism of the show from the Starks to the Lannisters. Positions 1, 2, 3 and 6 are held by Lannisters, with their advisors Varys and Littlefinger in the top ten.

Theon Greyjoy is also overrepresented in relation to the importance of his character. I'm afraid that if you also counted the screams he uttered during season 3, he may rise quite a few positions in the ranking. :P

Anyway, this confirms (as if it was needed) that the showrunners have shifted the protagonism of the show from the Starks to the Lannisters. Positions 1, 2, 3 and 6 are held by Lannisters, with their advisors Varys and Littlefinger in the top ten.

Theon Greyjoy is also overrepresented in relation to the importance of his character. I'm afraid that if you also counted the screams he uttered during season 3, he may rise quite a few positions in the ranking. :P

If i count the screams of Ros,she would be first.Its true that numbers dont say the truth always.For example Samwell Tarly is not very important but he is 11th with 4274 words and Stannis is only 19th with 3233 words.Its important to stay alive,Ned Stark played only 9 episodes and is still 15th with 3627 words.If he was still alive it would be a great battle with Tyrion.Tywin Lannister is 7th now,i post the first 10 after episode 6,i do it every week.Its 6 posts above.I think that for this season he will stay there.Its not easy for Sansa or Theon to have 1700 words in 4 episodes and Lord Varys is lost at last episodes.But i think Jaime will lose his 3rd place from John Snow or Daenerys

Words are one thing, but it's really sentences and screen time that matter. A character can have zero lines but major importance (hello most of Catelyn's later scenes). Missandei has quite a few lines, but they are mostly servile. Yes. No. Etc.

It may seem that she speaks a lot but she is only 33rd with 1310 words.She is between Bassistan Selmy- 1329 words- and Gendry -1170 words.Most Missandei's words are when she translates for Daenerys.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see how soem of those characters (Varys, Theon) could have more lines than Arya when she is a main character and has been in more episodes

I can. In Varys' and Theon's scenes they are talking most of the time (although Alfie has had some less wordy scenes as Reek...as Theon though he pretty much never shut up...whenever on screen, was talking).

Arya has had lots of scenes where she doesn't say very much at all (I don't just mean House of Black and White either..even in seasons 1-4 she had a lot where she was observing or had a small amount of dialogue relative to the time she was on screen).

Characters like Tyrion or Cersei however, are pretty much generally talking constantly. There are very limited scenes where they aren't flapping their mouths.

Archived