Title revealed: The Dance of Dragons (book spoilers)

pth10

If dany does fly this episode I hope it looks good. I can imagine that this costed a fortune to do.

Depends on how it's shot. It's probably cheaper to film Clarke riding on a prop and on green screen and then add Drogon as CGI, but most believable if they have a full CGI sequence where even Dany herself is full CGI.

CGI Dany + CGI Drogon would look best but be most expensive.

The CGI dragons have been pretty impressive so far this season.

I think this episode with the Daznak Pit, "For the Watch", the Walk of Shame, Arya killing Ser Meryn Trant in revenge for Syrio, Sansa escaping Winterfell with the help of the artist formerly known as Theon Greyjoy and Brienne of Tarth, and the Boltons preparing to ambush Stannis and his army. Remember, David Nutter directing this episode and he's a very experienced director who can handle these set-pieces.

Yeah, "For the Watch" is going to break the internet for the day I will bet. Also, I have a strong suspicion that the Pink Letter will be included in this episode - except with Sansa replacing Arya - and that will spur Jon to link up with Stannis. The others won't like that and will stab him.

There are many big shockers and plot twists to be featured in episodes 9 and 10. But there are two that I'm hoping (however unlikely) for. The first is something involving the Greyjoys like Victarion or Euron appearing in Mereen to aid Dany or Balon falling off the bridge. The second is for Aegon/Young Griff to appear.

But I'm probably wrong so episodes 9 and 10 will feature: Jon being stabbed, Sansa's escape from Winterfell, Cersei's walk of shame, Drogon whisking Dany away from the pit, The battle for Winterfell and The battle for Mereen. Out of these I'm most looking forward to Sansa's escape.

Forgot to add: Maybe even Varys killing Kevan Lannister (unlikely for this season)

There are many big shockers and plot twists to be featured in episodes 9 and 10. But there are two that I'm hoping (however unlikely) for. The first is something involving the Greyjoys like Victarion or Euron appearing in Mereen to aid Dany or Balon falling off the bridge. The second is for Aegon/Young Griff to appear.

But I'm probably wrong so episodes 9 and 10 will feature: Jon being stabbed, Sansa's escape from Winterfell, Cersei's walk of shame, Drogon whisking Dany away from the pit, The battle for Winterfell and The battle for Mereen. Out of these I'm most looking forward to Sansa's escape.

Forgot to add: Maybe even Varys killing Kevan Lannister (unlikely for this season)

Hoping for some closure on the Greyjoys aswell but Victarion appearing in Meereen is very very unlikely as you said. Euron suspiciously appearing (or atleast mentioned) after Balon's death however I can see it being a E10 moment. Almost all the Dornish characters will join other storylines next season so there's space for a short Greyjoy arc (With Greyjoy arc I mean Euron and Yara, not Victarion and Aeron).

There are two important things that you people are ignoring.

1. This episode will feature a big battle between wildlings/Jon Snow and The Army of the Dead.

2. The implications of Jon returning to the wall so soon.

First of all, considering that the episode is called "The Dance of Dragons", and considering that this episode will feature a big battle in the North, isn't it logical to assume that a Dragon will maybe be involved in all of this?

Yes it is, but you people immediately disregard this idea, because "you are certain that Drogon will appear in the Pit".

Another thing is the issue with chronology;

Up until now big battles in E9 have lasted the entire duration of the episode, which means that this big battle in the North will last at the very least, half the duration of the episode.

If so, that would mean that if Jon is going to return to The Wall in this episode with a ship, the ship will have to travel for only half the episode.

Now people, it is logical to assume that the ship can travel so fast from Hardhome to Eastwatch?

No it is not.

So how will Jon arrive at The Wall so fast?

With a Dragon of course!!!

Jon in the show will assume the role of Dany in the Pit(book version).

It is he who is going to be saved by Drogon, and then - ridding Drogon - arrive at The Wall.

For those of you think that my interpretation is too far fetched ANSWER ME ONE THING

From what is the Stannis camp burning - as seen in the trailer - if not from Dragon Fire?

Let me guess, Bolton torches :agree:

i do hope you are here jhon666 when dany mounts drogon ...i want to know what you think about that scene

Weren't you Drogonthedread, the one who "predicted" that there is not going to be a big battle with the White Walkers and the one who "predicted" that Jon is going to leave Hardhome in episode 8 and the one who "predicted" that Jon is going to return to The Wall in episode 10?

How did these predictions of yours turn out to be?

Weren't you Drogonthedread, the one who "predicted" that there is not going to be a big battle with the White Walkers and the one who "predicted" that Jon is going to leave Hardhome in episode 8 and the one who "predicted" that Jon is going to return to The Wall in episode 10?

How did these predictions of yours turn out to be?

i dont know hen i said there will be no white walkers fight ...i even started a thread about a possiblity of seeing a white walker

i never said that there wont be any white walkers fight i said there will be fight but i dont know hoe long it will be and will nIghts king involved or not

yes i not predicted i thought that jon may be absent from episode 9 but i admitted i was wrong and i was the one who posted that jon makes an appearance in the episode ..

there is a difference between getting small details mixed up and getting the whole story wrong

werent you the one who predicted that jorah and dany will meet in episode 9 and then go to pyramids and talk ...what happened to that one

I still don't see Sansa/Winterfell appearing in this episode. If she does and escapes in this episode, what does she then do in the finale (although, she could miss the finale like she did last season)?

She is in episode 8 and will likely persuade Theon to escape with her. They will then be absent from episode 9 and then finally escape in episode 10, maybe just before Stannis arrives

Episode 9 is 53 minutes long and will feature a lot of the other storylines (and that probably includes opening and ending titles in the runtime). Daznak Pit will take up a lot of time. There will be several scenes in Meereen (Arya gets a lot of screentime in all her episodes so this will likely be the same, especially with Trant and Mace arriving). Jon returns to the Wall which will be the aftermath of Hardhome. Stannis will probably burn someone and Dorne is also confirmed (Doran speech) so I just don't see how Winterfell would fit in

I know some people are saying that Winterfell will be in just because Stannis is, but Winterfell is in episode 8 yet there is no sign of Stannis in the previews/synopsis, so those storylines don't have to be connected in every episode. Winterfell/Sansa have been in every episode so far, so its makes sense for them to miss this one and let others have time

i dont know hen i said there will be no white walkers fight ...i even started a thread about a possiblity of seeing a white walker

i never said that there wont be any white walkers fight i said there will be fight but i dont know hoe long it will be and will nIghts king involved or not

yes i not predicted i thought that jon may be absent from episode 9 but i admitted i was wrong and i was the one who posted that jon makes an appearance in the episode ..

there is a difference between getting small details mixed up and getting the whole story wrong

werent you the one who predicted that jorah and dany will meet in episode 9 and then go to pyramids and talk ...what happened to that one

Your words:

so according to him the scene will be first jon and wildlings will first have an treaty where he will try to tell wildlings to cgo with him and settle in the GIFT ...

but eventually a fight will ensue with Nights watch and wildlings ...in the middle of the fight there will Be white walkers appearing on top of the cliff

it will be Nights king who appears to be at the Top of king ...and this is the one jon sees in the trailer when he looks at the top of the cliff..

so the remaining Nights watch and wildlings run to their boats ...'

No I wasn't the one.

I was having having an argument with somebody who - just like you - thought that Jorah and Dany will meet in E9, in the Pit.

My argument was that if this would have been the case, then there would have to be afterwards an emotional conversation between the two in the pyramid, which would mean - if this person's scenario was true - the following:

Dany seeing Jorah in the Pit

Afterwards Dany having conversation with Jorah in the pyramid

And then at the end of the episode returning to the Pit, so she and Jorah would be in the scene in which they are surrounded

I SAID THAT THIS WAS ABSURD

I thought that Jorah and Dany would meet at the beginning of E8, and in that I wasn't too much off.

Your words:

so according to him the scene will be first jon and wildlings will first have an treaty where he will try to tell wildlings to cgo with him and settle in the GIFT ...

but eventually a fight will ensue with Nights watch and wildlings ...in the middle of the fight there will Be white walkers appearing on top of the cliff

it will be Nights king who appears to be at the Top of king ...and this is the one jon sees in the trailer when he looks at the top of the cliff..

so the remaining Nights watch and wildlings run to their boats ...'

No I wasn't the one.

I was having having an argument with somebody who - just like you - thought that Jorah and Dany will meet in E9, in the Pit.

My argument was that if this would have been the case, then there would have to be afterwards an emotional conversation between the two in the pyramid, which would mean - if this person's scenario was true - the following:

Dany seeing Jorah in the Pit

Afterwards Dany having conversation with Jorah in the pyramid

And then at the end of the episode returning to the Pit, so she and Jorah would be in the scene in which they are surrounded

I SAID THAT THIS WAS ABSURD

I thought that Jorah and Dany would meet at the beginning of E8, and in that I wasn't too much off.

like i said i am speculating from what we know

i said there will be a fight with Nights watch and wildlings and then the White walkers will appear and the Nights king will appear at the cliff

if you notice that thread i was speculating about the possiblity of a fight and appearence not going out and telling everyone that only this will happen and calling others who doesnt agree with you as a liar

i speculated that Jorah's identity will not be known until episode 9 and tyrion will be claimed as gift but i was wrong ...but still dany in a way got the gift

in a similar way if i am wrong i will be happy to admit it ... because its all just fun to speculate about the upcoming episodes ..i ask you to do the same

Ans me one thing do you think Drogon goes to jon next week or in episode 9

like i said i am speculating from what we know

i said there will be a fight with Nights watch and wildlings and then the White walkers will appear and the Nights king will appear at the cliff

if you notice that thread i was speculating about the possiblity of a fight and appearence not going out and telling everyone that only this will happen and calling others who doesnt agree with you as a liar

i speculated that Jorah's identity will not be known until episode 9 and tyrion will be claimed as gift but i was wrong ...but still dany in a way got the gift

in a similar way if i am wrong i will be happy to admit it ... because its all just fun to speculate about the upcoming episodes ..i ask you to do the same

Ans me one thing do you think Drogon goes to jon next week or in episode 9

Episode 9.

I would like to reiterate the point that the reason why I am convinced that Drogon will make it to the North is the fire in Stannis camp.

If either you or anybody else have a better explanation for the fire, then present it.

Episode 9.

I would like to reiterate the point that the reason why I am convinced that Drogon will make it to the North is the fire in Stannis camp.

If either you or anybody else have a better explanation for the fire, then present it.

ok then i have to wait till episode 9

i dont know what or who causes the fire but the only thing i know is that it is not Drogon who is doing that ..

you may be right and i maybe wrong we will see that in episode 9 ..i will be happy to eat my crow and tell i was wrong if you are right

Archived