Small Questions v. 10100

It was something like the KG met Ned at the ToJ, but Lyanna had been taken to Starfall w/baby. Or just the baby was taken to Starfall. Or the alleged baby. (Given the latest all encompassing caveat that everything that happened in the past that is not explicitly spelled out in detail w/two witnesses is only alleged to have happened.)

Thanks!

We seen people brought back from the dead and life extended beyond mortal span (BR), but can any of you recall anyone having their growth rate increased?

No

In ASOS, Sansa tells Dontos of the Tyrell plan to marry her to Willas. Dontos then says it's her claim they want and explicitly says "'Sweetling," he told her, "you are the heir to Winterfell."'

Sansa thinks that Bran and Rickon are dead but that Robb is alive and will have a son.

Does Dontos, and by extension, Littlefinger, know of the plan for the Red Wedding? This Sansa chapter comes not long after Robb returns to Riverrun with the Westerlings so I don't think there would've been time for Tywin to formulate the plan already. Although we do get wind of the Freys anger in a much earlier Arya chapter.

In ASOS, Sansa tells Dontos of the Tyrell plan to marry her to Willas. Dontos then says it's her claim they want and explicitly says "'Sweetling," he told her, "you are the heir to Winterfell."'

Sansa thinks that Bran and Rickon are dead but that Robb is alive and will have a son.

Does Dontos, and by extension, Littlefinger, know of the plan for the Red Wedding? This Sansa chapter comes not long after Robb returns to Riverrun with the Westerlings so I don't think there would've been time for Tywin to formulate the plan already. Although we do get wind of the Freys anger in a much earlier Arya chapter.

Robb is attainted. Bran is presumed dead. Rickon isnpresumed dead. Sansa is The Ned's heir in the eyes of the Irone Throne.

We seen people brought back from the dead and life extended beyond mortal span (BR), but can any of you recall anyone having their growth rate increased?

Nope, that's why AAR must be reborn into an able, adult body, that is a Targaryen...

Prophecies get fulfilled in the strangest ways - GRRM insist...

Sansa is heir to Winterfell because she's Robb's heir. No foreknowledge of the Red Wedding is necessary

When one says valar morghulis (all men must die) it refers to both men and women (presumably children too).

This is a completely different context though, is it not :unsure: ? The word "men" in "all men must die" means all the people in the world (mankind), while in Astapor we have a very limited number of people...

The Eyrie hadn't been built yet. Seems like a hassle to haul that big throne up the mountain, especially since weirwood has no special significance to followers of the Seven.

The Arryns probably liked the way it looked plus weirwood don't rot and it is white part of their house colors.

The Eyrie hadn't been built yet. Seems like a hassle to haul that big throne up the mountain, especially since weirwood has no special significance to followers of the Seven.

Seems like a hassle of hauling anything at all up that mountain. Stones for a castle... wood for building constructs. Might be some useful stuff was made out of all those wooden construction frames.

Seems like a hassle of hauling anything at all up that mountain. Stones for a castle... wood for building constructs. Might be some useful stuff was made out of all those wooden construction frames.

Bingo!

My question...

How long was Waymar at the Wall before he got wighted?

^I'm about to look up a quote in Dance, I will look in my copy of Game to find the quotes from Mormont and Sansa about Wymer.

Thanks. I ask because I just noticed that Sansa recalls Papa Royce at Winterfell 2 years before the Hand's Tourney, and I recall comment that he stayed at Winterfell while taking baby Royce to the Wall.

If the Arryns are an Andal house, and weirwoods can't grow in the Eyrie, why are the Arryn throne and the Moon Door both made from weirwood?

They lived in the Gates of the Moon for eight generations before the Eyrie was built. I'm sure they just carried the throne up in the winch or something.

Bingo!

My question...

How long was Waymar at the Wall before he got wighted?

Ser Waymar had been a Sworn Brother of the Night’s Watch for less than half a year, but no one could say he had not prepared for his vocation.

Archived