[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

Yup. I loved that fakeout ending, too.

I can't wait for this. She couldn't get a shadow baby from Jon so maybe Stannis will Mannis up again?

Good to know they are making LF so out of control.

I actually feel worried for Fat Walda.

Do you really want that question answered? He's the "Ice" in "A Song of Ice and Fire" to Dany's "Fire." Dany is repped by dragons.

He could be both Ice and Fire.

I'm really not sure what to make of TV!Hizdahr at this point. He didn't do the slightest thing to even suggest the marriage.

I agree. The marriage idea seemed oddly placed since it has yet to be mentioned. However, I do like that Dany is taking control of herself rather than the should I/shouldn't I mentality she has in the books.

The show's depiction of "playing the game" almost never involves actually concealing what you're feeling, for whatever reason.

Ya to varying degrees, but a lot of the time they can play it like the person could be conversing with somebody and when the other person isn't paying attention that person may make a face or something to indicate what they were thinking. This entire prolonged, somewhat intimate exchange where various Boltons should clearly be able to see Sansa's chronic stinkface without her ever really changing it was a little too much for my tastes. This is especially the case as Sansa's ability to manipulate is supposed to be one of her major growth arcs and here it doesn't even make it seem like she's trying.

I actually feel worried for Fat Walda.

I am too. She's one of the Freys they should leave alone.

I wonder if Ramsay bought Roose's "daddy loves you" story? I'm guessing the answer is, "Sorry Pops but I ain't buying it"

I get the feeling he did. It was just the right kind of lie: some truth to make it believable. But even if he did, he still recognizes that the new baby will be a threat especially when daddy says "you embarrased yourself at dinner". I think Roose really underestimates the boy, in the books and on the show.

I'm surprised Jorah still wants to go to Dany with his greyscale. Well, now he's permanently in the friendzone. No touchy-touchy, Ser.

Or now he is thinking he has to really hurry, before the Grey Scale gets him down below

I'm really not sure what to make of TV!Hizdahr at this point. He didn't do the slightest thing to even suggest the marriage.

My thought exactly. Goes from Dragon food to Queen Consort out of the blue. Guess Daario will go postal at that news?

And she's being WAAAAAY too direct with them (i.e. at dinner)

I'm going to guess that Theon shocked her. And to be fair, it was an absolutely horrible dinner, with Ramsay purposely aggravating the situation by bringing up her brothers. We'll see if she recovers.

Edited by sj4iy

This whole bit didnt make any sense in the show. I have no idea what to make of this. Why did they fuck this up so bad? It wasnt hard to...ugh...Dany feeding guys to her dragons? Really?

Did anybody else catch the pan up to reveal Jon Snow entering the room immediately after Aemon finishes telling Sam about how there are no Targaryens left to help Dany? R+L bitches, R+L.

Even my parents caught it, yes. Its actually becoming rather obvious now. The subtlety of earlier seasons is kinda out the window with this foreshadow.

I was pretty sure that Oldtown was cut from the show, but there was a whole scene this week that really didn't do anything other than introduce the idea of it and Sam and Gilly in connection to it. There must be something really important there, given how many other plots have been culled.

Even my parents caught it, yes. Its actually becoming rather obvious now. The subtlety of earlier seasons is kinda out the window with this foreshadow.

My husband and I laughed when they did it.

The show is yet again so predictable. And it's not even because of the books. One would have to be blind not to see that Brienne will take part in the Northern Conspiracy, Sansa will endure her terribly awful wedding night (I'm thinking Myranda will play a role here, I'm leaning towards being forced to watch them having sex/eventually being prepared by Theon and then raped), then lighting that awful candle (Show!Sansa is clearly not that smart if she's not lighting that candle before her wedding night), escape Winterfell with Theon as in the books, after manipulating Roose against Ramsay using Fat Walda's child.

I'm almost as cold towards everything as Show!Sansa is. Not really surprised. As Sansa, I'm mostly just accepting and living with it.