[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

Isn't the bestest and most compete book about dragons - the one that exists in one copy and can not be found anywhere else - supposed to be at the Citadel? that's what Salera, faceless man and Marvin are all after, no?

Tyrion read books about dragons in Book 1. Not sure where he got them though.

In the second S5 trailer we see Stannis and Davos running from burning tents... not boding well for House Baratheon. And Selyse on the ground crying pretty much confirms a Stannis defeat when you realise she is surrounded by standing men who have more than likely thrown her to the ground to make her surrender. I'm betting Melisandre gets away somehow, but hate to say that Stannis is probably going down this season.

So basically a waste of time then...all the stannis scenes season 4 + 5?

I cant imagine him losing right this early. I can understand after the battle has been won...but it would be really weird to not have him get any results and just die.

Edited by DarkSansa

The episode was one of the best in the entire series so far. The show can't please everybody.

You can't be serious. Season 1 is by far the best one, and seasons 2 and 3 had many epic episodes, precisely because they used the original material back then.

So basically a waste of time then...all the stannis scenes season 4 + 5?

I cant imagine him losing right this early.

Hope you're right! Stannis is one of my favourites. Whatever the case, I expect Shireen and Melisandre to survive this season for sure.

I can't make this comment in the "Rant and Rave" topic since there aren't supposed to be repercussions but I gotta say: I'm not really getting the Olly hate.

Yeah, it's painfully obvious that he could be the season's big Chekhov's Gun but people are making him out to be Jake Llyod 2.0 even though his mouth barely opens. I would have an issue with him if he seriously detracted from the drama but he's just sort of...there, and it's not as if his presence doesn't make sense (especially since Satin is missing and since every LC needs a steward).

Edited by Takyon

I can not understand how any sane person can like Deanerys. She certainly is one of the biggest hypocrites around, and is in general just a bad, entitled, narcissistic person that has not earned very much through any skill or hard work.

This ofcourse makes her the darling of Feminists.

What is funny is that Daenerys chooses an actual psychopathic, murdering, rapist over the brother who essentially raised her as a hard working single mother. This is the champion of Feminists worldwide.

In the second S5 trailer we see Stannis and Davos running from burning tents... not boding well for House Baratheon. And Selyse on the ground crying pretty much confirms a Stannis defeat when you realise she is surrounded by standing men who have more than likely thrown her to the ground to make her surrender. I'm betting Melisandre gets away somehow, but hate to say that Stannis is probably going down this season.

Hmm. No we don't see Stannis and Davos running. We see two men running from the camp wearing clothing not associated with his army. They could easily be whoever started the fire (or just running from it). So they could be: Ironborn, Bolton men (thought not wearing Bolton armor/clothing), or Northmen.

This episode was so much better than the previous ones. (And I hope this only posts once, though given the repetition tonight I doubt it.)

- The obvious Targaryen references continue for Jon Snow. It seems more and more likely Jon and the Old Gods will meet up sometime in the near future. Perhaps Ghost will be the one to save Jon, fighting off the Watch.

- The Jorah and Tyrion Road Show comes to a fitting end on the shores of Old Valyria. I didn't know grey scale would show on the skin that fast, seems like it took much longer in the book for Jon Conn. Love the sight of Drogon soaring above the ruins. Can't wait for the discussions that one's going to bring.

- Gilly/Sam/Stannis. One of the lines from the books I found maddeningly unpursued was the fact of dragon glass killing the White Walkers. I couldn't believe GRRM wasn't more proactive on sending for it from Dragonstone. Perhaps Sam and Gilly will set sail for Dragonstone then to Oldtown. That would be a better idea especially if Maester Aemon dies at the Wall, as it seems.

Mehs:

- Grey Worm/Messandai: Love takes many forms. We get it. Move alone folks, nothing to see here. If this is a storyline that is so important that D&D are pursuing it instead of others, I can't see it.

- Sansa and the Boltons: She's still finding her way without Butterfinger to help. The next few episodes should show her learning to play people against one another. She has to, or she might get boring. And we know Ramsey hates boring.

WTFs:

- Dany. I like she's trying to make nice with her children but really? Giving them masters after months of nothing but sheep or cattle? And then opening the fighting pits? Does anyone else feel a major re-write coming for the return of Drogon? If we are combining storylines and hurrying things along then perhaps all 3 dragons and Dany head away from Mereene.

I'm loving the people around Winterfell saying they're still loyal to the Starks. Does anyone else think that Brienne's horrible choice will be between killing Stannis and saving Sansa? Seems like it's going to take the place of having to choose between serving Stoneheart and killing Jaime.

At the same time if she's attempting to play a long game she's got to work on her facial expressions around the Boltons. She looks appalled/miserable like 95% of the time in their presence. Didn't they make it seem like she was going to fake nice with them when they first met?

They already don't trust or care about her, she do the complete ohhhhhh I love my Ramsey they call BS and keep an even tighter noose on her.

She at least knows there are people for her, how she gets a candle up the broken tower without creating suspicion is another matter.

I thought when Reek went on his knees in front of Ramsey a male bonding of sorts was about to happen.

Walda dead women walking.

Hmm. No we don't see Stannis and Davos running. We see two men running from the camp wearing clothing not associated with his army. They could easily be whoever started the fire (or just running from it). So they could be: Ironborn, Bolton men (thought not wearing Bolton armor/clothing), or Northmen.

Looks incredibly like Stannis and Davos to me. Check out the dark haired, grey bearded guy on the left with features very like Davos and the greying-black short hair of the guy on the right with the Stannis jawline. We shall see!

J

JonCon also makes him write up everything he knows about dragons for young Griff in ADWD. There is a paragraph there where he thinks about this one book he never had access to but that's supposed to be the best. The book is supposedly hidden in one of the vaults of the Citadel and only archmaesters (sp?) have the keys to this vault

So with Mel leaving the wall, who is there to save Jon?

Give theon to the tree, just like the Ravens say in the tent with stannis in the theon sample chapter.

The Northmen of old used blood sacrifices to their heart trees as we learned in the wolf den with davos.

I believe this is major foreshadowing, with theons kings blood, and the chapters happening basically in unison, theons upcoming execution may have something to do with saving Jon snow? Thoughts

J

JonCon also makes Tyrion write up everything he knows about dragons for young Griff in ADWD. There is a paragraph there where Tyrion thinks about this one book he never had access to but that's supposed to be the best. The book is supposedly hidden in one of the vaults of the Citadel and only archmaesters (sp?) have the keys to this vault