[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

I crazily enjoyed this episode. I'm going to need to watch it a few more times to see if it's just being excited with a new episode, but I loved pretty much EVERY scene except Grey Worm getting all sentimental with Missandei. Ugh, that crap bores the hell out of me.

Anyone else here think that Roose is totally going to use Ramsay as a pawn and basically let him get killed by Stannis?

Also, the Grey Worm/Missandei scene was absolute garbage. Why on Earth are they pushing this storyline?

Edited by jmb06010

I still dont get the point on Roose telling Ramsay about Walda's pregnancy.

Trying to take take him down a peg as he was being far too blunt with his antics and he probably felt Ramsay was too confident with his current position and that it's not that set in stone. May not be the best move in the long run if he intends to have the kid though.

I wrote this in the rant and rave thread, but I kinda need to post it here too, because it's really bothering me:

I'm very uncomfortable by Dany's "proposal" to Hizdahr. The guy goes from fearing for his life and genuinely believing he's about to be eaten alive by her dragons to being told he has no choice but to marry her. If they sleep together, I won't be able to see it as anything but marital rape, because that dude is not willing. What they wanted to portray as an empowered moment on Dany's behalf turned into a very sketchy scene.

There was nothing awesome about this for me. All I could think was, if that guy wasn't against Dany before then she's just given him several reasons to be. I felt genuinely sorry for him. This isn't even your regular forced marriage in Planetos taking into consideration that the guy's father was crucified by Dany too. What is even happening?

Heres my line of thinking on that. She knows that one of the families must be at the very least funding the Harpies. So she takes the heads of all the families down to threaten them with the dragons to get them to talk. She picks one shes confident about that's not the leader and feeds him as an example. The reaction is all the other masters bow before Hizdahr (or her hard to tell) almost like they are begging him to stop it before they all die. Or maybe its simply that he was the one who wasn't afraid. Either way she picks up on this. Stops the torture and sends them to their cells. She has her man. So what should she do. She kills him he becomes a martyr for the Harpies and they continue their attacks. If she proposes to him he thinks he's reaching his goal of becoming the top man and taking her down. The attacks stop as they aren't necessary anymore. She now has bought her time to formulate a plan to take down the entire organization at once, probably with the reopening of the pits.

Tyrion read books about dragons in Book 1. Not sure where he got them though.

From the WF Library with the ok from Ned Stark.

There are 2 or three copies, WF, Old Town and at least in show the wall.

I was just this morning talking with my father about being disappointed with them cutting the wine seller's daughters; and they replace it with the random nobleman. I still don't like it as much from a story perspective; as dany snapping over Ser Grandpa's death is less indicting, her punishment is less cruel than forcing the wine seller watch the shavepate torture his girls, and she's actually there to see the punishment delivered rather than shying away from the ugliness her wroth wreaked; but cinematically I get it. The strength of the medium is the visuals it can deliver and this was a change that played to that strength. And with Dany being older I can get why this way fits better.

Plus we still had that final scene of her forcing Hizdahr to marry her to remind us that Dany is still the daughter of the Mad King.

Heres my line of thinking on that. She knows that one of the families must be at the very least funding the Harpies. So she takes the heads of all the families down to threaten them with the dragons to get them to talk. She picks one shes confident about that's not the leader and feeds him as an example. The reaction is all the other masters bow before Hizdahr (or her hard to tell) almost like they are begging him to stop it before they all die. Or maybe its simply that he was the one who wasn't afraid. Either way she picks up on this. Stops the torture and sends them to their cells. She has her man. So what should she do. She kills him he becomes a martyr for the Harpies and they continue their attacks. If she proposes to him he thinks he's reaching his goal of becoming the top man and taking her down. The attacks stop as they aren't necessary anymore. She now has bought her time to formulate a plan to take down the entire organization at once, probably with the reopening of the pits.

I really like this explanation.

They're bowing to her, not to Hizdahr. Hizdahr's terrified, as she observes, but he Valar Morghules his way out of the situation because he was willing to meet his death head on, which made her second guess herself? There's no indication that she comes to the realization that he's the Harpy.

Nothing about that scene suggested Hizdahr would have a modicum of power after their marriage. He was shocked and I have a very hard time imagining that he sees the current situation as a way for him to shine and gain power. He was utterly helpless in that scene; the guy was even on his frickin knees.

I doubt Dany's thinking that far. it appears Dany's not even thinking at all. It just seems like D&D are checking off all major events from aFfC/aDwD and nevermind that some of these don't fit into the story they've created.

Seriously. Dany feeds a random guy to her dragons to avenge Barry. She then goes on to mention how Barry advised mercy and compassion, completely ignoring that she just did the opposite. Missandei kisses her ass and tells her to only listen to herself. Dany decides to marry Hizdahr because? Why? She just burned one of the nobility alive. They're not gonna view the marriage as her making an attempt to make peace with them or choosing neutrality. She already burned that bridge. And going by the trailer, no one's buying into it.

Edited by WolfOfWinter

This seems to be giving dany credit for much more savvy than she's shown; especially when enraged after losing her best advisor.