[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

Help please - what did Stannis say when Jon was pleading his wilding case in front of the other men. Davos heard and asked him what he said and Stannis said 'nothing' or 'never mind'. WHAT did he mutter???

"Fear"

(or what Señor de la Tormenta suggested)

Edited by MVC

Or now he is thinking he has to really hurry, before the Grey Scale gets him down below

At the apparent spread rate, he'll be stone before he comes back from gathering firewood. I thought the first symptoms were numbness in the extremities?

Edited by JonInVa

Even my parents caught it, yes. Its actually becoming rather obvious now. The subtlety of earlier seasons is kinda out the window with this foreshadow.

This season is being truly telegraphed at every sight. I mean, the Greyscale bit was rather obvious, as they kept dragging the subject for episodes. So was R+L, all my unsullied family was commenting about how obvious it is that Maester Aemon ("The old dude") would bring up before Jon walked into the room.

Did anybody else catch the pan up to reveal Jon Snow entering the room immediately after Aemon finishes telling Sam about how there are no Targaryens left to help Dany? R+L bitches, R+L.

Damn. I missed that. I'll watch closely on my next viewing. Does anyone else watch each episode more than once. :blushing:

Honestly....I just don't see a change in Sansa yet other than the color of her hair. She's still the helpless victim unless she is doing a SUPERB job of faking it!

I disagree. People are describing the dinner with her new in-laws as painful and yet if we think of how she behaved when she was having dinner with Cersei in Season 2, we can really see a world of difference in how she carries herself. She was not behaving like a victim at this dinner.

We may not get Mando pies in the show, but for some reason after watching this episode, I think Walda, Walder, and many other Freys will get to meet Nymeria and her pack in season 6. Especially if we don't get LS.

I was pretty sure that Oldtown was cut from the show, but there was a whole scene this week that really didn't do anything other than introduce the idea of it and Sam and Gilly in connection to it. There must be something really important there, given how many other plots have been culled.

Plus they have Stannis come in right after, ask about the Others and dragonglass, then tells Sam to get back to studying. My guess is Sam is going to follow the book plot but with instructions to check out the library there.

Damn. I missed that. I'll watch closely on my next viewing. Does anyone else watch each episode more than once. :blushing:

I disagree. People are describing the dinner with her new in-laws as painful and yet if we think of how she behaved when she was having dinner with Cersei in Season 2, we can really see a world of difference in how she carries herself. She was not behaving like a victim at this dinner.

She looked angry and bored, seems an odd strategy for people that are 100 times worse than the Lannisters, to pointedly refuse to drink a toast to your own wedding? Seems sort of provative for no good reason, not really smart.

I'm really not sure what to make of TV!Hizdahr at this point. He didn't do the slightest thing to even suggest the marriage.

Ya that came out of nowhere. It seemed like that one brief exchange in the crypts when Hizdahr "Valar Morghulised" made Dany pull a 180 on her opinion of him as she suddenly completely softened. Then as soon as Missa inspired her to come up with an idea, that previous exchange in the crypts put him as a potential piece in her plans. I thought his actions in the crypts were slightly questionable because somebody innocent of a crime they are being put to death for, without more time for it all to sink in, would be a little less "bring on the fire" opposed to somebody that was doing what they thought was in the right and showed complete conviction in their cause. I'm not saying this is true for everybody, but I don't know if her stance on him should so quickly change that drastically.

Well, it's certainly shaping up differently than expected....

-Melisandre and Shireen both leaving the wall.... I actually thought that Mel was trying to hint to Selyse that they might need to sacrifice Shireen somehow, while Stannis was gone (the way she was talking about how King's blood runs in her veins, then stared at Selyse like an episode or two ago)

-I also have no idea who saves Jon once the NW goes all Stabby Stabby on him.

-I actually expected Reek to seem a little more pathetic/submissive around Sansa

-Jorah = John Conn now.... Meh... other than that Greyscale is apparently a big deal endgame wise (I'd expected it to be irrelevent)

-Daenarys' marriage proposal was bleh..... I kind of liked the desperation factor from the books, where she does it as a bargain to stop the killing

- Greyworm/Missandrei is just so pointless.

-They keep mentioning the Crypts of Winterfell..... It'd be -very- interesting if Stann the man is the one who finds out John is a Targ. Definitely giving credence to the theory that there's something important down there.

-I was wondering how they'd handle Brienne being recognizable by Roose / she is outside Winterfell

-Nice touch using the tower that Bran fell from

-wtf Valaryia

I wish the Jon/Tormund dynamic from the book existed in the show.

Yes, absolutely! There were many funny lines in the books that made this a great interaction. This show lacks any wit and is just bland and dull. I give up as well. I don't care if they made changes but at least keep it entertaining! This season is just bad TV no doubt about it.

I like that a warm scene between father and son in the Bolton household involves Daddy Bolton telling Ramsay that he raped his mother.

I loved the look on Ramsey's face when he realized how he'd been conceived. It's rare to get that expression with him.

Help please - what did Stannis say when Jon was pleading his wilding case in front of the other men. Davos heard and asked him what he said and Stannis said 'nothing' or 'never mind'. WHAT did he mutter???

He said "fewer". He was being a grammar nazi again. (see battle of blackwater)

Oh, and Aemon lives to die another day.

Well I agree she is acting like less of a victim, sure, but that =/= being so recklessly bold? Sansa's whole demeanor was such a 180 from when she first meant the Boltons and it was bugging me the whole time.

I don't really see that "acting like less of a victim" is terribly relevant. She is a victim, wholly at the mercy of her enemies, and is doing literally nothing other than stand around and hope she's rescued, just like before.

Edited by Colonel Green