[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

When Stannis got the "thank you" from Jon and marched out of Castle Black to free Winterfell, i got a vibe that when he's gone i won´t really care who sits the IT in the end...

Shireen or even Jon despite not seeing it fit story-wise for him in the books (but show? i can live with that)...

I want to like Dany, I really do. She just makes it very hard. Again with the killing people who may or may not be guilty? Now forcing Hizdahr to marry her...all I could think about in that scene was that if the situations were reversed and it was Dany cowering on the floor, forced to marry the man who killed her father, being threatened with death if she didn't, we'd have tons of sympathy. But, Dany's pretty, I guess, so...yeah. I hated that. Just ew.

I think that scene with Hizdahr was supposed to be uncomfortable. The show really dwelt on Hizdahr's fear, and hasn't yet given us a reason to want bad things to happen to him.

My guess is that Hizdahr and Loras are intended as counterpoints to Sansa and other depictions of female victimization on the show. They don't want it to always be the women who are scared and helpless, threatened with rape, or shamed for their sexual choices. Margaery's virginity test would have been egregious so they're not going there. They also gave the High Septon a walk of shame to reduce the gendered nature of the punishment. And they put Dany and Margaery in much stronger positions in their marriages than they were in the books.

The show gets a lot of flak for reveling too much in the victimization of women. So I think they're trying to make it more about people using power to victimize other people.

I'm not saying every decision they're making is right. But I don't think we are supposed to be rooting for Dany's proposal technique.

Comparing the show to AFFC is moot anyway. The show has essentially retained none of its plot and it's clear D&D didn't even read it.

And [people who say AFFC is bad are like the Star Wars fans that say Ep 4 is the worst for being the most "boring" and slow-paced.

Is this the rant thread, or the normal discussion thread?

Yes- I think you are right. I would just think that it would be important and pop up in the show somewhere... but anything is possible in the show, who knows! I just have a feeling we might see Euron or Vic in Season 6...

When Sam and Grenn dig out those dragonglass blades by the Fists of the First Men, there is a horn there as well. This could be because D&D felt they we're going to e closer to the books later on and it didn't work out, or they still mean to use it in the story. I'm actually going with the latter, as I do think it's a great plot device both cinematically and plot-wise.

When Sam and Grenn dig out those dragonglass blades by the Fists of the First Men, there is a horn there as well. This could be because D&D felt they we're going to e closer to the books later on and it didn't work out, or they still mean to use it in the story. I'm actually going with the latter, as I do think it's a great plot device both cinematically and plot-wise.

Sam needs to keep reading and figure this out!

Where is bran and hodor? I never seen them all season. I feel bad for actors having to take a year off just because they dont have a story line.

I've heard some say they are in Skagos......but the description of that place doesn't sound very hospitable. Cannibal type people. Weren't they to head towards Last Hearth? Maybe Jon will find them in HardHome.

In Brienne's defense, since candles are a common source of light, she needs a signal that will be distinct from regular day-to-day activity. All the easily accessible windows probably have candles in them all the time.

And presumably Sansa could ask a servant to light that candle on a pretext rather than go herself.

Are you seriously defending this nonsense???!!! Imagine Ramsey coming to Sansa's room to rape her. When will she have time to climb up the Broken Tower or call a servant? Get real if Dumb&Dumber cannot.

Edited by Modesty Lannister

I've heard some say they are in Skagos......but the description of that place doesn't sound very hospitable. Cannibal type people. Weren't they to head towards Last Hearth? Maybe Jon will find them in HardHome.

Bran and Hodor are in BR cave. I guess you meant Rickon and Osha.

I'm actually okay with the logic of sending the Lord Commander to Hardhome. It's not really all about hearing it from his mouth, because as we all know, that's really why Tormund is there. Jon is there to assure those going South that it's not a trap, and those boats aren't set alight on their journey back with the Lord Commander on it.

Hardhome does sound like it goes to hell in the book, so I'm not surprised it seems to got that way in the show. I've been strangely okay with all the changes at the Wall and in The North (apart from Brienne, but I imagine she's going to be a certain Bard).

Where is bran and hodor? I never seen them all season. I feel bad for actors having to take a year off just because they dont have a story line.

Wherever he is, I hope Bran is getting a better haircut!

You can't honestly believe this lol.

It can't be real. It's completely unbelievable that any Star Wars fan would say that Episode 4 is worse than the prequels.

Edited by sj4iy