[Spoilers] EP505 Discussion

Ran

Just as the book was written. Considering the source material of the fourth book, I'm surprised they found any story to tell at all. Are you really surprised that the pace is uneven? Look at the mess that GRRM has created. Oh sure it is big. It is sprawling. Mainly it's a bunch of second tier characters wondering around doing absolutely nothing.

Cladinator is absolutely right. Whatever "nothing" you say there is in AFFC/ADWD, it's 100 times better than D&D's horrid fanfic, where characters make no sense and behave out of the blue.

BATSIGNAL FOR BRIENNE. Seriously, what kind of morons are these showrunners catering to? Although by the response some book-readers make, i guess they know their trade :rolleyes:

Edited by Fjordgazer

i tried to make a thread about this but apparently it was not thread worthy enough

that man that was with Brienne and Pod in the north... was that the blackfish...?

Not the same actor, not the same body type even. Unless he's become a Faceless Man (who in the show, stupidly, change bodies as well), then it's a rotund no.

Edited by Fjordgazer

In the books, Euron has the horn that can supposedly control the dragons... I would assume that is needed so that Dany can have better control over them... so are we going to introduce the Iron Islands next season? Is it totally out? If so, who will have the horn?

I think the horn is probably out since the other one isn't in. And didn't Euron give it to Vic for his mission in the book?

Watching it again it's cleary Drogon. Watching it last night though after hearing Tyrions line right before he shows up, I thought it was a random, rogue dragon and about shit myself. You can tell it's actually Drogon though.

Normally I'd say, "Of course it's Drogon, what other dragon would it be?" My FB feed is full of, "OH MAN TYRION SAW ANOTHER DRAGON I HOPE IT TEAMS UP WITH DANY AND HER DRAGONS!" though.

I think the horn is probably out since the other one isn't in. And didn't Euron give it to Vic for his mission in the book?

Yes- I think you are right. I would just think that it would be important and pop up in the show somewhere... but anything is possible in the show, who knows! I just have a feeling we might see Euron or Vic in Season 6...

Just as the book was written. Considering the source material of the fourth book, I'm surprised they found any story to tell at all. Are you really surprised that the pace is uneven? Look at the mess that GRRM has created. Oh sure it is big. It is sprawling. Mainly it's a bunch of second tier characters wondering around doing absolutely nothing.

By the way I saw where George's editor took to twitter to complain about the the death of Ser Barriston. Now that is something I would never admit to being. George's editor. You might want to make sure you never put that on your resume. :lmao:

It is unbelievable that reading person can think like this. Doing absolutely nothing? Really? Congratulation on missing everything from the book that you say that you read. By the way, Martin's editor is doing a much better job than you would because at least Martin's editor looks like able to understand what she reads.

The scene when Sansa walks threw the kennels i was totally expecting to see the rotten corpse of Rob Stark and Graywind all up sowed together

ANYONE ELTS?

I was sure it was going to be Reek, since we all know that he sleeps in the kennels with the dogs.

BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS BELOW

I can't believe they killed Barristan. I figured he would be important later on, but I guess not? Who needs an experienced Kingsguard who knows the ways of war and knows Westeros really well when you have a Grey Worm love story? As much as I like Grey Worm, I felt he was more expendable. And Dany's reaction was horrible. She reminded me of the Mad King with that one.

Anyone else annoyed with the Bolton's assumption that Sansa is able to marry Ramsey? Uh, hello she's still married to Tyrion, he hasn't been found. She is also under suspicion for killing Joffrey. How is she able to be herself? The Boltons are allies to the Lannisters, shouldn't they have turned her in? It just doesn't make sense. At least in the books, she's pretending to be Littlefinger's bastard daughter who has never been married, and they (in secret) say that they have to wait for Tyrion to be killed before she can actually marry whats-his-face. I get why they are having Sansa in Winterfell rather than fArya, but it annoys me that they aren't even addressing the inconsistencies. I wonder where Theon will take her (if that even happens, who knows.) And Littlefinger just leaves her there with the Boltons? Oh, she'll be safe since they "need" her, disregard that Ramsey is psycho and Roose is a traitor.

I'm ok with deviations from the book if they don't change the overall plot and they make sense, but sometimes I think D&D just like to be shocking so they kill off semi-important characters just for the hell of it. At least in the books (most of) the deaths serve a purpose to further the plot.

I loved the scene where Sansa discovered Theon. Her face was perfect. I thought she was gonna kill him right there. The ending of the episode was good too, with the stone men and Drogon. Tyrion's face when he saw the dragon--amazing. However, Tyrion wasn't touched by the stone men but uh, didn't they grab his leg and pull him further underwater??

Valyria was gorgeous, I wonder where they filmed that scene.

Littlefinger told Roose that Sansa and Tyrion never consummated their wedding. Apparently in Westeros, that means they aren't really married.

It is unbelievable that reading person can think like this. Doing absolutely nothing? Really? Congratulation on missing everything from the book that you say that you read. By the way, Martin's editor is doing a much better job than you would because at least Martin's editor looks like able to understand what she reads.

Considering her decision to push back the climaxes to two of the main story lines to TWOW, I wouldn't be so confident in her abilities.

And its not a question of missing stuff, its that AFFC was very poorly written all around and ADWD had great prose but terrible pacing and plot decisions.

Considering her decision to push back the climaxes to two of the main story lines to TWOW, I wouldn't be so confident in her abilities.

And its not a question of missing stuff, its that AFFC was very poorly written all around and ADWD had great prose but terrible pacing and plot decisions.

I agree that the amount of cliffhangers is somewhat tricky, that's an objective criticism. But poorly written, terrible pacing and plot decisions? That sounds like the show, not the books.

I agree that the amount of cliffhangers is somewhat tricky, that's an objective criticism. But poorly written, terrible pacing and plot decisions? That sounds like the show, not the books.

Don't you love it when show apologists come and say that the books are poorly written? LOL that is priceless. This show is one of the poorest written shows in recent memory and its embarrassing as far as writing goes. On the other side someone may dislike the books but to say that they are written poorly is ridiculous. Nothing in the books doesn't come even close to crap from the show in terms of poor writing.

Please teach me: what is poorly written in AFFC? No no, even better: what is very poorly written? Please?

Don't you love it when show apologists come and say that the books are poorly written? LOL that is priceless. This show is one of the poorest written shows in recent memory and its embarrassing as far as writing goes. On the other side someone may dislike the books but to say that they are written poorly is ridiculous. Nothing in the books doesn't come even close to crap from the show in terms of poor writing.

Shush! Stop speaking some sense! The show shills will come in packs to call you butthurt book purist, even though we've all criticized the show based on its own merits, and not on what they have or haven't cut.

It's like trying to talk to PUA shills.

I forgot: it is not editor who pushed climaxes for TWOW but publisher. Editor's job is something else.

Shush! Stop speaking some sense! The show shills will come in packs to call you butthurt book purist, even though we've all criticized the show based on its own merits, and not on what they have or haven't cut.

It's like trying to talk to PUA shills.

How can book purist be offensive? How can sane person not be book purist after this crap on screen?

So, do they want to have Dany able to control the dragons or not? :dunno:

Still, that shot of the Master burning and being eaten was a pretty great piece of camera work and CGI.

Woo! Maester Aemon :wub: that was a wonderful scene. Can I adopt him? :p

So, do they want to have Dany able to control the dragons or not? :dunno:

Still, that shot of the Master burning and being eaten was a pretty great piece of camera work and CGI.

Woo! Maester Aemon :wub: that was a wonderful scene. Can I adopt him? :p