[Poll] How would you rate episode 505

Ran

How would you rate episode 505?  

558 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gave it an 8. It was solid overall, though there were a few problematic scenes. The Bolton Family dinner was probably the weak point in the episode for me. I wasn't crazy about Dany feeding the dragons either. I understand that Barristan's death is something different so she could arguably react differently. And I get that they need to be a bit more overt in showing Dany's transition toward embracing her dragon side. But it seemed to go a bit too far, and I don't think walking it back with a bizarre "Let's get married after I just made you shit yourself" was effective in showing her ongoing conflict. My impression of it was, why is Drogon cruising over Valyria when it seems his bae is right where he wants her to be.

7/10

Improvement over the last episode, but I expected better from Byran Cogman. Usually his writing is some of the best when comes to adaptation, but it looks like that ship has sailed into the Smoking Sea, which is now a tiny river apparently. And not very smoking. Or volcanic. Or demon-filled. Weird...

If madness and greatness are sides of the same coin, I guess it's pretty clear which side landed face up for everyone's favorite Targaryen.

Olly Chekov so vividly remember what those savage wildlings did to his parents, save for the part where the Thegns ate them. Actually, it's probably better if everyone forgets that was a thing.

I guess Davos' epic rescue mission isn't happening. Then again, they'll probably do it during the dead of winter, but the Onionknight will be able to fly over half a continent at the speed of the plot.

"Kill the Boy" speech made no mention of Egg. This made me sad and confused. Also I guess no Oldtown. Oh well.

Remember kids, every scene with Greyssandi and Miranda is scene that's not the Iron Islands, the Vale, or Young Griff. Yay...

It's a good thing everyone in Winterfell wasn't killed by Ramsay. Otherwise Brienne would've just spilled her heart out to some sevrant of Bolton/Frey

Speaking of Boltons and Freys, that dinner scene was...what was the point of that? And how did that advance anyone's characters?

9 out of 10

Best episode of this season, so far. I hope this means we are on trend to have each show better than the week before. Not much I disliked altogether, except the feeding of the dragons (if you give them people they'll never be happy with sheep again.) :ack:

Seems more and more stories are getting condensed as the number of remaining seasons lessens. Why don't we just loose the dragons and get Dany headed west?

I gave it a 4 ,I am astonished people thought it was one of the better episodes. It was awful from start to finish .People are apparently sending gossip about Daenerys all over the place even to the wall as if it were a free text msg promotional campaign.This show is losing all of its characters complexity it feels more like fan fiction now and everything each character says is very unrealistic. What are they doing with Daenerys?? there is no way Dany of the previous seasons or Dany from the books would think that would work or feed people to her dragons, its idiotic and braindead I'm seriously beginning to wonder if David and Dan even care anymore.The scene between olly and jon was cringe worthy as if everyone in the nightswatch would know what happened to Ollys family or give a shit. Brienne the boring and pod the pointless does anyone care about them anymore its not good stop already.Everything with the boltons was garbage, as if Roose Bolton wouldnt just look at Ramsay and tell him to shutup he was sitting there watching Ramsay acting like Lord of the manor he wouldnt put up with that, yeah sure he said it was a disgrace later but there was no feeling that they had any kind of relationship predating what we see on screen thats actually something I've always had a problem with on the show people spontaneously turning to each other and talking as if they had never met before in their lives about matters that would have come up long ago, why in this episode was Ramsay hearing about his mother for the first time,Greyworm dying , as I said before nobody cares.Jorah dying of greyscale sure bc apparently the only people that matter are Tyrion ,Cercei, Daenerys and Jon.

I gave it a 4 ,I am astonished people thought it was one of the better episodes. It was awful from start to finish .People are apparently sending gossip about Daenerys all over the place even to the wall as if it were a free text msg promotional campaign.This show is losing all of its characters complexity it feels more like fan fiction now and everything each character says is very unrealistic. What are they doing with Daenerys?? there is no way Dany of the previous seasons or Dany from the books would think that would work or feed people to her dragons, its idiotic and braindead I'm seriously beginning to wonder if David and Dan even care anymore.The scene between olly and jon was cringe worthy as if everyone in the nightswatch would know what happened to Ollys family or give a shit. Brienne the boring and pod the pointless does anyone care about them anymore its not good stop already.Everything with the boltons was garbage, as if Roose Bolton wouldnt just look at Ramsay and tell him to shutup he was sitting there watching Ramsay acting like Lord of the manor he wouldnt put up with that, yeah sure he said it was a disgrace later but there was no feeling that they had any kind of relationship predating what we see on screen thats actually something I've always had a problem with on the show people spontaneously turning to each other and talking as if they had never met before in their lives about matters that would have come up long ago, why in this episode was Ramsay hearing about his mother for the first time,Greyworm dying , as I said before nobody cares.Jorah dying of greyscale sure bc apparently the only people that matter are Tyrion ,Cercei, Daenerys and Jon.

100% disagree on all fronts here.

I always find amusing when somebody says "I am astonished people thought blah blah blah". Is it really that hard to understand that some people might actually like something that you don't? Is it really that shocking? Allow me to introduce you with a revolutionary concept: tastes are subjective.

Edited by Barristan Whitebeard

I always find amusing when somebody says "I am astonished people thought blah blah blah". Is it really that hard to understand that some people might actually like something that you don't? Is it really that shocking? Allow me to introduce you with a revolutionary concept: tastes are subjective.

You're making a lot of assumption there my friend I can be astonished by peoples tastes while respecting the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and indeed have their own tastes, feel free to be smarmy though it is amusing

You're making a lot of assumption there my friend I can be astonished by peoples tastes while respecting the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and indeed have their own tastes, feel free to be smarmy though it is amusing

I thought I read in your opening words a tone of contempt for those who have different tastes to yours, something certainly extremely common around here. But maybe I was wrong. If that's the case, I apologize.

Have you read the books? Roose is mildly amused by EVERYTHING. He let Ramsay go on and on and have his fun at the dinner table...and then you know how he got him back? Hey Walda, tell Ramsay the great news with that smirk on his face. A little taste of Ramsay's own medicine right there thrown right back at him simply because he was acting like a dick the entire time. Well Roose will play any game you wanna play.

8.5/10, rounded up to 9 - I've given everything else 8 so far this season. Man I enjoy this show when I have no idea what's coming next, which, perhaps oddly, made the Valyria/greyscale sequence the weakest part of the episode for me, because I was pretty sure how it would all proceed, except for the (wildly improbable and mostly omitted!) way they escaped. I loved the very cool joint reading of epic poetry.

Almost everything at Winterfell and the Wall was fantastic. So many good character beats throughout that. Highlights were Sansa's and Reek's first meeting, Stannis talking to Sam, Jon talking to Tormund, Davos talking to Shireen ... even Jon talking to Olly was fairly good. Olly didn't quite deliver well, but Kit's been fantastic this season. I was happy that Brienne's reading of her CV finally had a (presumably?) good result!

For a moment I thought Myranda was going to try to kill Sansa, and then Myranda's punishment/torture/death would be the horrible scene we've heard alluded to, but I guess that's not what's happening yet (but I still find it likely Myranda's close to the middle of whatever that scene turns out to be).

The Oldtown mentions had me wondering if they're in fact going to make the show bigger again. I thought they were done with that, but between Sam's need to read, and implied need to have more books, there's sure a strong suggestion that he's off Oldtown way.

Meereen was solid but not great. The steps leading up to the marriage were poorly laid out; I wish Daario had somehow fingered the one barbecued noble with a line like "We KNOW this guy's involved - the others, we're not so sure". And I'm glad they're trying to make me care about some of the other characters in Meereen - this was a problem for me in the book - but the Missandei/Grey Worm stuff isn't really doing it for me.